The ultimate macronutrient (and supplement) for longevity and health aging!

Kykeon

very nice summary of cellular metabolism, helped me greatly in understanding what is going on, great!

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
very nice summary of cellular metabolism, helped me greatly in understanding what is going on, great!
Great man, thanks for watching!

Dr. B

Great man, thanks for watching!
good stuff can you post that thing you mentioned about quinones? PQQ, black cumin, other ones you mentioned, did you write an article on those and NAD etc
how much black seed oil would we need as i heard theres more quinones or compounds than just thymoquinone. but i think its a PUFA oil like 1g BSO has maybe 300mg PUFA

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
So , what should we do about this pyruvate ? Are there any supplements or food sources of pyruvate ?
I talked about it towards the end.
I get calcium pyruvate from bulksupplements and Pyrucet from Idealabs and I combine the 2 with niacinamide.
Pyruvate is naturally made from carbs, so if you eat enough carbs, you should have ample pyruvate.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
good stuff can you post that thing you mentioned about quinones? PQQ, black cumin, other ones you mentioned, did you write an article on those and NAD etc
how much black seed oil would we need as i heard theres more quinones or compounds than just thymoquinone. but i think its a PUFA oil like 1g BSO has maybe 300mg PUFA
I did link to my NAD vid. PQQ, beta-lapachone, emodin, thymoquinone, K2, CoQ10, etc.
For black cumin, I use powdered seeds, but you can always get the extract, then it will have very little PUFA.

Ben.

Pyruvate is naturally made from carbs, so if you eat enough carbs, you should have ample pyruvate.

Assuming sugar metabolism is not impaired/working?

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Assuming sugar metabolism is not impaired/working?
Glycolysis almost always works properly, but pyruvate dehydrogenase is often times dysfunctional. So supplementing pyruvate, B1, niacinamide and magnesium can promote PDH and restore proper glucose metabolism.

Ben.

Glycolysis almost always works properly, but pyruvate dehydrogenase is often times dysfunctional. So supplementing pyruvate, B1, niacinamide and magnesium can promote PDH and restore proper glucose metabolism.

Alright thanks. I remember having tried your ddt stack or w/e it was called which included calcium pyruvate i think?
Was very interesting to say the least. Maybe i should use up the bottle before it expires...

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Alright thanks. I remember having tried your ddt stack or w/e it was called which included calcium pyruvate i think?
Was very interesting to say the least. Maybe i should use up the bottle before it expires...
Yes, I suggested calcium pyruvate, but said that I felt Pyrucet better. But combining the two might be even better. I've been doing that lately.

Dr. B

are there any potential issues with supplementing pyruvate like effects on prolactin or anything negative
can we get away with skipping the niacinamide/pyruvate and doing just 500mg thiamine hcl, 150mg magnesium, plus 20mg policosanol, 500mg black seed oil a day and of course vitamin d3

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
are there any potential issues with supplementing pyruvate like effects on prolactin or anything negative
None that I'm aware of.
can we get away with skipping the niacinamide/pyruvate and doing just 500mg thiamine hcl, 150mg magnesium, plus 20mg policosanol, 500mg black seed oil a day and of course vitamin d3
Sure, B1 and magnesium are also needed for PDH, so they can work. But they obviously don't have the exact same benefits as pyruvate.

Dr. B

I did link to my NAD vid. PQQ, beta-lapachone, emodin, thymoquinone, K2, CoQ10, etc.
For black cumin, I use powdered seeds, but you can always get the extract, then it will have very little PUFA.
do the quinones all have similar effects, or should all these be combined mate!

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
do the quinones all have similar effects, or should all these be combined mate!
They definitely have similar effects, but they also have very unique effects. If you look at the molecular structures, they are very different. So combining will definitely have a synergistic effect.

Dr. B

They definitely have similar effects, but they also have very unique effects. If you look at the molecular structures, they are very different. So combining will definitely have a synergistic effect.
do you like pycnogenol/french maritime pine bark extract
not sure if anything unique there, i heard molecularly its similar to grape seed extract,
but its pretty expensive, much more pricy than grape seed extract

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
do you like pycnogenol/french maritime pine bark extract
not sure if anything unique there, i heard molecularly its similar to grape seed extract,
but its pretty expensive, much more pricy than grape seed extract
Haven't used it myself, so can't comment.

Phosphor

Two things....didn't watch it yet, but.....started NAD+ from LEF and am convinced it is behind my noticeable increase in energy. (Pretty close to CFS/ME before...not normal now but doing stuff I wasn't able to before.) Also, pycnogenol literally saved my life at one point. Some blithering idiot injected me with gaseous ozone in high quantity and basically destroyed my circulatory system. Live blood analysis showed literally nothing but clots, and I was having substantial TIAS. High dose pycnogenol over time restored me. I still take it just because; the because being mold genetics and a propensity to clotting anyway any time I'm near mold, which cannot be avoided.

Perry Staltic

Some blithering idiot injected me with gaseous ozone in high quantity and basically destroyed my circulatory system.

He actually injected air and didn't use ozonated saline or autohemotherapy (reinjected ozonated blood)?

Dr. B

Two things....didn't watch it yet, but.....started NAD+ from LEF and am convinced it is behind my noticeable increase in energy. (Pretty close to CFS/ME before...not normal now but doing stuff I wasn't able to before.) Also, pycnogenol literally saved my life at one point. Some blithering idiot injected me with gaseous ozone in high quantity and basically destroyed my circulatory system. Live blood analysis showed literally nothing but clots, and I was having substantial TIAS. High dose pycnogenol over time restored me. I still take it just because; the because being mold genetics and a propensity to clotting anyway any time I'm near mold, which cannot be avoided.
whats special about NAD+ wouldnt it inhibit lipolysis too much
what do you mean by mold genetics?