The Ultiamte Simple Mouthwash With Glycine Powder

AndroordnA

What do you guys think is a good amount of each for say 100ml of water? I’m going to keep using xylitol too as I have 1kg of the stuff already.

so 100ml water
ertythritol?
xylitol?
Calcium carbonate?
Arginine?

OP
johnwester130

johnwester130

What do you guys think is a good amount of each for say 100ml of water? I’m going to keep using xylitol too as I have 1kg of the stuff already.

so 100ml water
ertythritol?
xylitol?
Calcium carbonate?
Arginine?

good question

i don't know

i use a 500ml bottle and about a table spoon of each

i am not sure this is the right ratios but i use it.

Kray

This is interesting, found this;

Nitric oxide has a very short half life in the body, (we’re talking just a few seconds), and must be continually supplied. It’s the reason why I began taping my mouth at night. Twenty-five percent of overall nitric oxide is produced in the nasal passages, and it’s imperative that they are kept moist through nose breathing.
Xylitol nose sprays help nitric oxide production :):
If I understand correctly, are you saying that Xylitol nose sprays are not a good idea because they help produce nitric oxide? I am concerned because I have used Xylitol nasal spray for years!

If I understand correctly, are you saying that Xylitol nose sprays are not a good idea because they help produce nitric oxide? I am concerned because I have used Xylitol nasal spray for years!
No, I am saying the opposite because nitric oxide is essential and a quarter produced through nasal passages.
What was the immediate effect (if you remember) of using Xylitol nasally @Kray

Kray

No, I am saying the opposite because nitric oxide is essential and a quarter produced through nasal passages.
What was the immediate effect (if you remember) of using Xylitol nasally @Kray
@not_James_Bond
I see. I thought that's what you were saying, but there's so much negative about NO on the forum I couldn't make sense of your point. That is very interesting about NO being produced through nasal passages. Wonder what effect mask-wearing has on level of NO production, the longer you wear a mask? Good or bad?

To answer your question, it would be easier to say what effects I have from not using it. I am prone to sinusitis and have a history of allergies. As such, Xylitol spray has been a staple in my regimen, and for everyone in our household, for years now. There's a doctor who recommends a particular spray with key ingredients, including xylitol, who did a video interview recently about its benefits during the Covid virus. I can't remember his name offhand.

Thanks again for sharing!

Kykeon

has anyone tried calciumphosphate? it looks like i ****88 up a tooth and peat talks about calciumphosphate being able to remineralize.

AndroordnA

So been using arginine and calcium carb added to my usual xylitol since the beginning of December and my god what a difference, no tooth sensitivity, stains are disappearing, I had lost enamel and I’m convinced that’s improved or halted it, my teeth feel really strong at the moment.

Gustav3Y

Would you share the recipe per 100ml of water?
I mean the dosage of Xylitol, Calcium Carbonate and Arginine you have added to 100ml of water.
Just simple L-Arginine? or some other form?

Mossy

good question

i don't know

i use a 500ml bottle and about a table spoon of each

i am not sure this is the right ratios but i use it.
Maybe it’s assumed, considering your earlier comments, but I’d add glycine and baking soda to this list and maybe MB and Borax.

OP
johnwester130

johnwester130

So been using arginine and calcium carb added to my usual xylitol since the beginning of December and my god what a difference, no tooth sensitivity, stains are disappearing, I had lost enamel and I’m convinced that’s improved or halted it, my teeth feel really strong at the moment.

erythritol is 30% more effective than xylitol, but both are good anyway

OP
johnwester130

johnwester130

Would you share the recipe per 100ml of water?
I mean the dosage of Xylitol, Calcium Carbonate and Arginine you have added to 100ml of water.
Just simple L-Arginine? or some other form?

i would update the recipe to

erythritol
calcium phosphate /tricalcium phosphate
baking soda

OP
johnwester130

johnwester130

Have you used with good results this or you mean theoretically better than the above recipe?

it made some sort of difference, nothing substantial.

i was using erythritol and calcium lactate because it is water soluble calcium.
i am going to do a few more experiments with erythritol/baking soda as the base, and then add in the calcium phosphate

Mossy

Maybe it’s assumed, considering your earlier comments, but I’d add glycine and baking soda to this list and maybe MB and Borax.
For now, I’ll have to remove borax from my list. For no other reason than, in passing, I noticed it may be bad for teeth.

I think it’s also worth noting if I don’t rinse my mouth after using this mix, the glycine will make me a bit groggy, just like when I supplement larger amounts of glycine. And I believe the arginine will give a minor in NO affect (hyper-ventilation) as well. I’m testing it where I rinse with water after using this mix, to see if that helps. Though, I would imagine it would be much more effective if I did not rinse after.

BearWithMe

For now, I’ll have to remove borax from my list. For no other reason than, in passing, I noticed it may be bad for teeth.

I think it’s also worth noting if I don’t rinse my mouth after using this mix, the glycine will make me a bit groggy, just like when I supplement larger amounts of glycine. And I believe the arginine will give a minor in NO affect (hyper-ventilation) as well. I’m testing it where I rinse with water after using this mix, to see if that helps. Though, I would imagine it would be much more effective if I did not rinse after.
Why would be Borax bad for teeth? Do you have any source on this, please?

Mossy

Why would be Borax bad for teeth? Do you have any source on this, please?
I read it on this forum, and have no other knowledge of borax being bad for teeth. I’ll see if I can find it.