The Truth On Turpentine

You have a proof of turpentine toxicity?

I should have added that food grade limonene is easy to acquire and is “generally recognized as safe”. Food grade turpentine or pinene is probably very expensive...

Last edited:

michael94

I should have added that food grade limonene is easy to acquire and is “generally recognized as safe”. Food grade turpentine or pinene is probably very expensive...

its pretty cheep actually, especially considering the amount used like $15 or so ( mazbe not super cheap )

I noticed some places make orange in a machine and throw the whole orange in there peel included. I found that to be a nice very mild way for a bit of limonene or whatever terpen is in orange peels.

rei

Isn't natural turpentine always food grade as long as the distillation equipment is made from glass or stainless?

Isn't natural turpentine always food grade as long as the distillation equipment is made from glass or stainless?

Considering it is not sold for human consumption I don’t know.

accelerator

Cool. Please report back on your results. I’m enjoying it. Aside from the other health benefits, it is a great anxiolytic. It may be the most helpful thing I have found for good digestion. I have read it also supposedly helps the liver to detox estrogen.

Do you still do the xylitol cleanse every few weeks?

yerrag

@RisingSun have you begun using turpentine?

I had difficulty ordering turpentine from the US and having it shipped to me through a forwarding service. Turpentine is flammable and so it's practically impossible to have it shipped, be it by plane or by boat. Can't even bring as check-in luggage on planes. I finally found one brand called Lukas balsam turpentine:

LUKAS- Pure Balsam Distilled Turpentine, 125ml | Lazada PH

It's either from Austria or Germany: Lösungsmittel + Pinselreiniger

I have no way of knowing if it's 100% gum spirits, as it has to come from the sap of pine trees, and not from finely chopped stumped wood. But just the same, i ordered 125mL of it and I should get it in a week.

I'll start with just 2 drops a day and gradually build up to 40 drops a day, just to be sure I don't get overwhelmed by a sudden die-off. This is a new twist to my ongoing self-experimentation of lowering my blood pressure. I'm using proteolytic enzymes to lyse plaque and I'm encountering immune system reaction from the bacteria being released as plaque is being lysed, which I guess is from biofilms being disrupted causing bacteria to be released to the blood. I added 2 x100mg doxycyline daily, and even added oregano essential oil (in vco base) but it's not enough to require my wbc and neutrophils from going up, signifying that it raises the immune system response, which is inflammatory.

So I'm thinking of adding turpentine to my protocol to see how it would help.

This is a helpful read: Healing with Turpentine

yerrag

If you value your myelin and brain health, don't go drinking solvents.
Why do you spread fear without reading up on things that are not meant to scare you?

yerrag

And what do you suggest I read up on? My background is in organic chemistry so I do know a thing or two.
Fair enough. Considering that turpentine is flammable, you have a good point.

Spud

Fair enough. Considering that turpentine is flammable, you have a good point.

I respect your response sir. Usually when I say this to the usual vegan hippie types, they argue till their blue in the face that it’s perfectly fine to consume and won’t be reasonable. Appreciate the level headedness here.

yerrag

I respect your response sir. Usually when I say this to the usual vegan hippie types, they argue till their blue in the face that it’s perfectly fine to consume and won’t be reasonable. Appreciate the level headedness here.
Thanks for the warning. I'll proceed with caution with this. I'm interested in using turpentine because of the terpenes alpha-pinene and beta-pinene and there's documented history in its use for medicinal purposes, be it for topical use or for oral intake. Vicks Vaporub is used topically. For oral use, it has to be spirits sourced from the gum from pine trees, obtained by steam distillation. It can't be sourced from chipped wood, nor from petroleum. While it's flammable, it may just have to be used in the right dosage, as excessive dosage makes it a poison, as would any substance. Even liquor can be flammable, and without excessive intake, can be beneficial.

OP
R

RisingSun

@RisingSun have you begun using turpentine?

I had difficulty ordering turpentine from the US and having it shipped to me through a forwarding service. Turpentine is flammable and so it's practically impossible to have it shipped, be it by plane or by boat. Can't even bring as check-in luggage on planes. I finally found one brand called Lukas balsam turpentine:

LUKAS- Pure Balsam Distilled Turpentine, 125ml | Lazada PH

It's either from Austria or Germany: Lösungsmittel + Pinselreiniger

I have no way of knowing if it's 100% gum spirits, as it has to come from the sap of pine trees, and not from finely chopped stumped wood. But just the same, i ordered 125mL of it and I should get it in a week.

I'll start with just 2 drops a day and gradually build up to 40 drops a day, just to be sure I don't get overwhelmed by a sudden die-off. This is a new twist to my ongoing self-experimentation of lowering my blood pressure. I'm using proteolytic enzymes to lyse plaque and I'm encountering immune system reaction from the bacteria being released as plaque is being lysed, which I guess is from biofilms being disrupted causing bacteria to be released to the blood. I added 2 x100mg doxycyline daily, and even added oregano essential oil (in vco base) but it's not enough to require my wbc and neutrophils from going up, signifying that it raises the immune system response, which is inflammatory.

So I'm thinking of adding turpentine to my protocol to see how it would help.

This is a helpful read: Healing with Turpentine

I order mine from this website: https://www.puregumspirits.co.uk/about

Not sure if they ship to the US

I have been consuming Turpentine for now a good 7 months with no apparent ill effect, between 2 and 3 spoons a week on average, mixed with castor oil.

Can't say there are any obvious changes, I use it before a fast to clean my system.

Spud

Agreed, the dose makes the poison. If you want the turpenes, very small doses may be fine.

Unfortunately many alternate health communities recommend ridiculously high doses for parasite cleansing and such.

In relation to alcohol, the more non-polar the solvent the more you need to worry. Alcohol is relatively polar and so consumption is not a huge issue. When your talking non-polar solvents though, like the kind that readily strip paint, inhalation and consumption should be avoided.

yerrag

I order mine from this website: https://www.puregumspirits.co.uk/about

Not sure if they ship to the US

I have been consuming Turpentine for now a good 7 months with no apparent ill effect, between 2 and 3 spoons a week on average, mixed with castor oil.

Can't say there are any obvious changes, I use it before a fast to clean my system.
Thanks. I hope I can get some observable effects when I use it. What improvement were you hoping to get in using it?

yerrag

Agreed, the dose makes the poison. If you want the turpenes, very small doses may be fine.

Unfortunately many alternate health communities recommend ridiculously high doses for parasite cleansing and such.

In relation to alcohol, the more non-polar the solvent the more you need to worry. Alcohol is relatively polar and so consumption is not a huge issue. When your talking non-polar solvents though, like the kind that readily strip paint, inhalation and consumption should be avoided.

Terpenes are my current favorite topic to explore. It woud be nice to try cannabinoids, as there are 140 kinds of terpenes in cannabinoids. I'm using oregano essential oil, taking in 3 drops mixed in with a tbsp of virgin coconut oil. Also taking doxycycline. The hope is that the terpenes in the essential oil would synergize with the antibiotic in quelling bacterial infection. Perhaps I should increase the dosage of oregano oil, but I'm afraid of exceeding it. So I'm hoping that turpentine could add some punch to the cocktail. I can track my CBC results - WBC, neutrophils, RDW - to find an optimal blend that would lower the value of these markers. Lower WBC and neutrophils (and monocytes as well) would mean lower levels of bacterial infection and inflammation, and this could result in eventually lowering my blood pressure. non

It's hard to use high doses without knowing the effect. I use the CBC test weekly, and if needed, twice a week, to see the effect of my cocktail. I could change the blend easily and I hope to arrive at a blend that would work.

Polar solvents are miscible with water while non-polar solvents aren't, right?

Digestion improvement and lactose tolerance

Would taking digestive enzymes along with turpentine help?

Spud

Terpenes are my current favorite topic to explore. It woud be nice to try cannabinoids, as there are 140 kinds of terpenes in cannabinoids. I'm using oregano essential oil, taking in 3 drops mixed in with a tbsp of virgin coconut oil. Also taking doxycycline. The hope is that the terpenes in the essential oil would synergize with the antibiotic in quelling bacterial infection. Perhaps I should increase the dosage of oregano oil, but I'm afraid of exceeding it. So I'm hoping that turpentine could add some punch to the cocktail. I can track my CBC results - WBC, neutrophils, RDW - to find an optimal blend that would lower the value of these markers. Lower WBC and neutrophils (and monocytes as well) would mean lower levels of bacterial infection and inflammation, and this could result in eventually lowering my blood pressure. non

It's hard to use high doses without knowing the effect. I use the CBC test weekly, and if needed, twice a week, to see the effect of my cocktail. I could change the blend easily and I hope to arrive at a blend that would work.

Polar solvents are miscible with water while non-polar solvents aren't, right?

Would taking digestive enzymes along with turpentine help?

Correct about the solvents. Non-polar are not miscible in water.

I can track my CBC results - WBC, neutrophils, RDW - to find an optimal blend that would lower the value of these markers. Lower WBC and neutrophils (and monocytes as well) would mean lower levels of bacterial infection and inflammation, and this could result in eventually lowering my blood pressure.

Have you seen differences in the CBC? It's a cheap test, it would be a great way to get feedback about different regimens. I just don't see much variation in the test results.