The Truth About TEFLON

HDD

I was looking in thrift stores for Vision cookware yesterday. I found a few very nice pots with lids at an "antique" store. They wanted $12 and $15 for each. I thought it was too high. I was hoping to get thrift store prices. :(

4peatssake

Peata

I've saved a bundle. Not only did my Mom give me some amber Vision pieces - small skillet and med. saucepan with lid, but at the thrift store I found 3 round Vision dishes/pots with lids for $2 each. These pieces are a beautiful - cranberry color. One is amber. They look like smallish casserole dishes but can be used on the stovetop, microwave, oven, freezer. I love cooking with them. Things don't stick any worse than they do in my stainless steel or cast iron, and it cleans up fine.

freal

well I think Ray Peat is also wrong on the safety of 18/0 steel. 18 stands for 18% chromium and it does not have the "good" kind of chromium. Remember the movie ERIN BRONKOVICH, it was the chromium that poisoned all the people and it was based on real story.

I mean he is wrong, but I still use the 18/10 stainless steel, 18/0 rust super quickly, very unpractical.

Back
Top Bottom