The Travis Corner

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I won't click because I wouldn't enjoy if people started doing the same to me. It's guru suffocation.
If you want to contact him without being invasive, the best bet for now is to send him a private message but using the title as message field since that's the only part available for him to read when he's notified by email.
I’m not going to stalk him. I’m just glad he’s ok. I respect that he doesn’t feel like posting here right now.

Aymen

I won't click because I wouldn't enjoy if people started doing the same to me. It's guru suffocation.
If you want to contact him without being invasive, the best bet for now is to send him a private message but using the title as message field since that's the only part available for him to read when he's notified by email.
ok i understand, i didn't want to post his chess profile but just wanted to show he is alive and i think no one here is going to make a chess account and email him because i said he didn't respond in pm and it's hard to get notified there.

Terma

I guess you could say... he's playing a game of chess.

I think I was what people would call 'mentally ill' for the better part of my life up until around 30, with the worst being around and after my college years. I'm almost sure it was a form of OCD now. It makes you very sensitive to minute stressors. And some forms of OCD lead you to do or constantly conceptualize bad things, even if you know they're bad. You can get to a point where you want to *do* the bad thing in order to "own" it, or because you start to believe it's what you have to do, since it's what your brain is constantly focused on.

The protocol(s) I wrote above temporarily completely cures my OCD tendencies and anything resembling it. It's the polar opposite: you have almost infinite patience. You have no fear, but you are not vulnerable because you can understand anything. It's peace.

I also normally have heat intolerance, and during these protocols I can sit in semi-humid 29 degree celsius weather and be content. This is because of silencing of the TRP channels (TRPV1). I think histidine and beta-alanine might be helping with this.

I think if THC + supplement protocol doesn't silence the right stress signals, you can add low-dose phenibut and it will take care of the rest. Progesterone and DHEA do too.

But the ketones are truly key and you have to make them absorb for you (note: a minimum of active B vitamins needed, but I don't need to take much), or this will not work.

I want to get this ***t down before something happens to me lol

Blue Jefe

Hey @Terma as you know I also love THC.

I also use Prog/DHEA and Mag Threonine, among with the best B Vits supp from Pure Encapsulations (it mixes active with inactive forms of some of the B’s in a peat friendly ratio and doses), Copper, Zinc, Vit K/D and several Tryotophan competing aminos, etc etc.

I have ME/CFS and possibly ehlers Danlos syndrome and these things seem to be helping a lot. THC has always been a must. I believe it’s from it’s mast cell stabilizing effects and possibly anti inflammation.

I’m wondering, and sorry if I missed your original explanation, but I’m very interested in what would happen if I added ketones. Also I’m interested in lowering TRPV1 and Histidine/Beta-Alanine in general (one study showed very high urinary beta alanine in ME/CFS IIRC). Any further insight would be super appreciated!!

Terma

If you take THC chronically (not sure what you said) you will not be able to use it as well for what I wrote, because my protocol is based on acute usage and cycling, always (I do max ~3x/week, and going to drop one day). TRPV1 is especially handled by the cannabinoids, but it's also plausible that carnosine (histidine + beta-alanine) helps buffer the protons that trigger TRP channels, and it would only be limited by tissue saturation and distribution, but I didn't go too deep on that one. Histidine and beta-alanine definitely increase physical capacity, and histidine improves zinc absorption and also copper (but iirc mainly if not too much zinc is also present, or something, didn't catch it).

There is some sort of link between phospholipid quality and TRP activation, through endocannabinoids but probably other aspects of phospholipid composition and degradation as well. I couldn't get this part down, it's going to take much more time to understand because it goes to the root of some sort of genetic disorder I have. (Originally I was looking at antiphospholipid syndrome, but I still don't know about that one)

Ketones - from caprylic acid - just fuel your brain, and the quantum engine inside, because I think they are less rate-limited than glucose for this purpose. You need THC, DHEA or other 5-HT3 antagonists, and probably other things to slow down the gut and/or help them as well as magnesium actually absorb. SB4 suggested something else above.

My guess is that DHEA is the most likely to help EDS, but I never saw data on that.

I'm gonna have to stop.

One last thing: TRPV1 and 5-HT3a are linked in the central nervous system, and if you don't know this you will get nowhere with this: Central TRPV1 Contributes to Neuropathic Hyperalgesia

Last edited:

Terma

Don't forget palmitoylethanolamide (PEA), you can use it with or without THC to modulate TRPV1. (It's not an essential part of my quantum reality protocol (rofl), but it's certainly worth a shot for just about anything - though it will basically lower metabolism like other inhibitory substances). It's hard to keep all this ***t in memory man, no matter what memory is a b****.

Terma

Thank you but I've tried it and it gave me issues I can only assume were related to blood thinning. I stopped using all herbs several years ago due to the 'black box' factor (you don't know half the stuff in them). I don't even use weed, I only buy pure THC oil extracts. I have to recuperate for awhile before any more of this.

Here was the most important study about TRPV1 I saved:
Central terminal sensitization of TRPV1 by descending serotonergic facilitation modulates chronic pain. - PubMed - NCBI
The peripheral terminals of primary nociceptive neurons play an essential role in pain detection mediated by membrane receptors like TRPV1, a molecular sensor of heat and capsaicin. However, the contribution of central terminal TRPV1 in the dorsal horn to chronic pain has not been investigated directly. Combining primary sensory neuron-specific GCaMP3 imaging with a trigeminal neuropathic pain model, we detected robust neuronal hyperactivity in injured and uninjured nerves in the skin, soma in trigeminal ganglion, and central terminals in the spinal trigeminal nucleus. Extensive TRPV1 hyperactivity was observed in central terminals innervating all dorsal horn laminae. The central terminal TRPV1 sensitization was maintained by descending serotonergic (5-HT) input from the brainstem. Central blockade of TRPV1 or 5-HT/5-HT3A receptors attenuated central terminal sensitization, excitatory primary afferent inputs, and mechanical hyperalgesia in the territories of injured and uninjured nerves. Our results reveal new central mechanisms facilitating central terminal sensitization underlying chronic pain.

We identified a mechanism in which supraspinal descending 5-HT sensitizes the central terminals of primary sensory neurons via a cascade that successively involves presynaptic 5-HT3AR and TRPV1 to promote chronic neuropathic pain (Figure 8G).

Previous studies have shown that TRPV1 activity can be potentiated by 5-HT via both metabotropic and ionotropic 5-HT receptors such as 5-HT2, 3, 4, and 7 receptors (Loyd et al., 2011; Ohta et al., 2006; Sugiuar et al., 2004). Multiple signaling pathways, including protein kinase A and C (PKA and PKC), have been implicated in the potentiation. It is conceivable that other 5-HT receptors other than 5-HT3AR are involved in the central terminal TRPV1 sensitization. A candidate molecular link between 5-HT3AR and its downstream effector TRPV1 is PKC since it can be activated by 5-HT3AR and phosphorylation of TRPV1 by PKC leads to potentiation of TRPV1 activity (Khan and Hichami, 1999; Vay et al., 2012).

Low KCl, which induced weak excitation of naïve central terminals in contralateral Vc, could strongly activate the central terminals in ipsilateral Vc as indicated by increase in Ca2+ signals. The stronger activation by low KCl is due to sensitization of TRPV1 in the ipsilateral central terminals. It has also been previously reported that TRPV1 activation in cranial visceral afferent terminals allows calcium entry into the terminals; this entry increases the rate of glutamate vesicle fusion and release (Shoudai et al., 2010). So while TRPV1 acts as a molecular sensor for noxious heat and capsaicin in peripheral nerve terminals, its hyperactivity in central terminals also contributes to overall central terminal sensitization during chronic pain states.
It ties a bunch of things together

Terma

@SB4 @Blue Jefe @Amazoniac
This is like overtime but: any of you guys ever read about this on any of the ME/CFS forums? I couldn't follow any since last year except for the published stuff:
Oxindole

Travis wrote about unspecific indoles and briefly mentioned them to me as relating to ME/CFS saying, "a very high indole concentration could be factor in a subset of cases". He suggested to me rather in 2018 oleamide/ammonia, which iirc he wrote about on the forum, could be involved with the condition; there isn't much I can say about it that's new other than as he mentioned it agonizes and inverse agonizes (iirc) several 5-HT receptors and of course it sedates. There was some interest in 5-HT receptors. He mentioned also being interested in cannabinoid receptors [!] and brought up as examples linoleic acid anilide and oleic acid anilide found to cause Spanish Toxic Oil Syndrome. He compared ME/CFS to eosinophilia–myalgia syndrome. I'm not sure which of these deserves the most focus. He liked one of nanxidon's posts on the glutamine-leucine bidirectional transporter, though it doesn't mean much anymore. He said he'd possibly found another compound he thought was more important. Then we started shooting up. Not necessarily in that order.

Out of principle I don't post PMs, but a few lines like that I don't feel right keeping to myself since I have no idea what's going on (sorry if that was too much, Travis, way she goes man I can't tell and there are too many people waiting on this - what would Andy do?). I can't read his mind... yet. I think someone else said that.

He figured out something else about other conditions that appeared important, so best case he might have been working on that or found something even bigger, since the man is a true genius, in which case someone might choose or be forced to disappear to keep their name clean... Honestly my memory is so bad from over the years, there's stuff I read now that I'd forgotten. It's not a mountain as he usually posts.

@Travis I have found the well of creativity. You may quench your thirst as you please, but the others have to pay cause I ain't smuggling this sh*t for free -- it's like pure 100% PUFA modified olive oil, straight to the veins baby [damn, I ****88 it up]

Last edited:

Blue Jefe

Bro @Terma, I read this and the Oxindole thread, and it’s funny because you claim to be tired but I’m crashed by simply reading your ideas surrounding IDO/Trp lol.

You are a valuable mind, so rest up and don’t get overwhelmed. We aren’t going to figure this out today tomorrow or next week.

Interestingly though, not only have I spoken to Ron Davis, Rob Phair (IDO trap guy) whom came to me at first because I had written to Ron Davis about looking at the genesis of pre-CFS to CFS in patients and eventually Rob was able to find what became a trap rather than our original idea of a switch, but I also spoke to Travis in good length last year (before IDO trap was public) and we discussed how Trp was just as likely as the other molecules you mentioned to cause fatigue. SB4 asked me to put out the conversations which I probably will soon. Like you, I’ve been hesitant because he put so much detail and effort into his answers. He also was talking about a big revelation he was working on putting all together for CFS but then he went silent pretty much.

Anyways not only that, but I too was banned from PR for one cranky post once. Luckily that moderator was canned because I’m back on there now.

Specifically because like you said, nandixon, hip, SB4 and others are really good colleagues, and most of the old guard left. It’s actually a decent place to work at now. Much much better than a couple years ago.

Rest up because you understand IDO and Trp metabolism better than I do and I’ve enjoyed our conversations a lot.

Terma

I didn't get it from your name but I totally know who you are, I sent you an email just in case. I don't know what the odds of this panning out are, but I don't want to sit on it. Cheers man

gaze

does anyone know if Travis has ever talked bout how it’s even possible to eat 300 calories of leaves? He casually mentions that he eats pounds of kale spinach etc, but without massive smoothies (he says he just eats them) the amount of space in the stomach + the time to chew 300 calories of leaves seems insane. eating some goat cheese for calcium seems 10000x more efficient for getting calcium + how would young kids get adequate calcium because no kid will ever eat that much greens, but they love dairy.

tara

does anyone know if Travis has ever talked bout how it’s even possible to eat 300 calories of leaves? He casually mentions that he eats pounds of kale spinach etc, but without massive smoothies (he says he just eats them) the amount of space in the stomach + the time to chew 300 calories of leaves seems insane. eating some goat cheese for calcium seems 10000x more efficient for getting calcium + how would young kids get adequate calcium because no kid will ever eat that much greens, but they love dairy.
According to nutritiondata, 300 cals of kale would be about 600g. It probably depends on quality/growing conditions/brix - some produce can vary a lot. The same source says 600 g would also give about 800mg Ca and about 200mg Mg.

I think Travis may have been eating leaves through the day, not all at one short sitting. I think he also mentioned making smoothies sometimes, with other ingredients like pineapple.
I don't recall him suggesting his own diet be imposed exactly as is on young ones.

gaze

According to nutritiondata, 300 cals of kale would be about 600g. It probably depends on quality/growing conditions/brix - some produce can vary a lot. The same source says 600 g would also give about 800mg Ca and about 200mg Mg.

I think Travis may have been eating leaves through the day, not all at one short sitting. I think he also mentioned making smoothies sometimes, with other ingredients like pineapple.
I don't recall him suggesting his own diet be imposed exactly as is on young ones.

I would be interested on his view on what kids should eat. He rails against almost all forms of dairy, and certain amino acids, but I wonder how his views change according to young and growing kids, ex specially since most kids are drawn to things like dairy and are not keen on eating any amount of leaves . I’m sure dates and fruit would make the bulk of his recommendations, but kids need a lotta calories to grow.

Fractality

I'm skeptical that humans can effectively digest cellulose. The listed nutrition of leaves like kale may be misleading due to this.

tara

I would be interested on his view on what kids should eat. He rails against almost all forms of dairy, and certain amino acids, but I wonder how his views change according to young and growing kids, ex specially since most kids are drawn to things like dairy and are not keen on eating any amount of leaves . I’m sure dates and fruit would make the bulk of his recommendations, but kids need a lotta calories to grow.
Yeah. Mine have a limited appetite for leaves, and more interest in dairy, too. And yes, they need a fair bit of food.
I don't think I know what the ideal diet is for them (and I'd be a bit skeptical about anyone who was sure they did, since I suspect there is quite a bit of personal variation), and even if I did know, they are going to have opinions about it. With mine, I expect them to eat some greens, and they have plenty of fruit, milk and cheese available too, amongst other things.

gaze

Yeah. Mine have a limited appetite for leaves, and more interest in dairy, too. And yes, they need a fair bit of food.
I don't think I know what the ideal diet is for them (and I'd be a bit skeptical about anyone who was sure they did, since I suspect there is quite a bit of personal variation), and even if I did know, they are going to have opinions about it. With mine, I expect them to eat some greens, and they have plenty of fruit, milk and cheese available too, amongst other things.

Yea, things can go very wrong very quick if kids are fed a restricted diet (of course, this does not mean feeding them crap) rather trying to get a nutritious variety, while pushing them in the right direction but letting them create their intuition. I feel bad for kids who’s parents feed them a fruitarian or vegan diet or other extreme diets, because I know the parents are trying their best to create a healthy kid, but the science on nutrition is always changing, and restriction can have psychological changes in children’s growth, so it’s best to stick to a variety of nutritious food so nothing is left out. feeding a child can be overthought very easily and is quite stressful, so my respect to you, and any parent out there. parents don’t get enough credit these days!

gaze

I'm skeptical that humans can effectively digest cellulose. The listed nutrition of leaves like kale may be misleading due to this.

I think a big problem of this issue is lack of culture. See, I would be on board with the idea of eating a lot of kale if humans have been eating it for centuries, but because these health trends come and go, I tend to agree with you that It may not be that ideal for humans. I wish I lived in a culture where food choices come naturally. Instead of looking to the internet, humans should be looking to their grandparents on what to eat. Problem is, anyone born in the 20th century and beyond has been bombarded by fake information and propaganda that it’s hard to get back to traditional foods, as even our own grandparents have changed their mind based on media. Even typical “traditional” diets like WAPF are corrupt and creative caught saying falsehoods for profits. I guess the best thing we can do is “think perceive and act”. if someone eats a ton of kale and feels calm, who’s anyone else to say they should or shouldn’t be doin that.

Terma

@Terma - maybe you could tell me this; is there "karma?" If so, how is it calculated? Are we to live within a larger structure or reject it in pursuit of our own?
We suffer the consequences of our choices. That is the message encoded in the fabric of the universe. That much I know now. That's your "karma". It's very serious ***t apparently.

Even if it weren't true, you'd still need and want to believe that. Conscious will is the great equalizer, the one that brings balance. The existence of consciousness unbalances the universe, but conscious will and drive allows us to reshape and refine it slowly but inevitably into a better and better shape.

-------

Early religious peoples maybe had an inverted sense of self, or maybe yet, an extreme dependency on each other and on gods - the latter as if their 5-HT1a post-synaptic receptors were overactive, possibly potentiated by 5-HT2/3/7/other - at the extreme maybe even traces of strange states of consciousness like bicameralism (Westworld, though I don't know how that originates) in it? So perhaps figures like Jesus but in even earlier times were actually trying to teach them that - not just he himself - but each one of us is a "son of God"...

I think the best way to analyze history is to reinterpret it constantly.

Last edited:

Herbie

After 9 cups of ayahuasca I had the revelation that we are all sons of god.