The Thread For People Making Their Own Liquid Supplements (progest-e Etc.)

I want to make my own Progest-E version. I have tocopherols, I have MCT oil, I have progesterone powder.

how would I make a batch?

S-VV

Heat the oil in a Pyrex glass. I do it Bain-Marie, but a Bunsen burner would serve just as well. Once the oil is hot, add the powder. Do this slowly to ensure full dissolution. Depending on the concentration you wish to achieve, you may have to stir with a magnetic stirrer or with a mechanical one, rather than by hand. Add the tocopherols while the oil is still hot. The volumes of the oil and tocopherols may not be additive, so more oil will be needed to adjust.

This is how I do my liquids. I do them with DMSO, ethanol and water, because oils just take too long to absorb and leave you sticky.

Mossy

I want to make my own Progest-E version. I have tocopherols, I have MCT oil, I have progesterone powder.

Would you mind sharing how this has gone for you? Also, could you share how you feel this compares to commercial versions? Thank you.

This is interesting, I have been thinking about this a lot lately and been looking around online as to how to go about doing this with Adrafinil and Tianeptine.

I'll see if I can turn anything up with this included in the searches, unless anyone here can provide insight to this matter :)

OP
ecstatichamster
I'm going to be making my home made progesterone with E and DHEA shortly.

Awesome!! Let me know how it works out, this topic has my interest piqued! I'm wondering if the same method of what you are doing could be applied to other things (namely various powdered nootropics I have laying about lol)

Grapelander

Dr Peat said Vitamin E just had to be warmed up to room temperature to mix with Progesterone.
Previously to that he used olive oil and needed to heat it up on the stove.

I've mixed CoQ10 with MCT oil. I just stirred together and put in fridge. It mixed in just fine.

Mossy

@johnwester130 has shared that he's had success using the following recipe as a base to mix pregnenolone into. I would imagine that would work for other powdered hormone supplements; such as progesterone and DHEA:

20ml fractionated coconut oil
10ml ethyl alcohol.

Matestube

How did it go?
Does the progesterone powder readily mixes with MCT oil only? Because testosterone absolutely doesn't.

These guys manage to reach 100mg/ml concentration with just progesterone, MCT oil and tocopherols:

OP
ecstatichamster
How did it go?
Does the progesterone powder readily mixes with MCT oil only? Because testosterone absolutely doesn't.

These guys manage to reach 100mg/ml concentration with just progesterone, MCT oil and tocopherols:

it works fine. I dissolve about 20mg of micronized progesterone into a teaspoon of MCT oil and it disappears and I swallow it occasionally. Nothing works as well for a stomach ache.

P

Peatness

Dr Peat said Vitamin E just had to be warmed up to room temperature to mix with Progesterone.
Previously to that he used olive oil and needed to heat it up on the stove.

I've mixed CoQ10 with MCT oil. I just stirred together and put in fridge. It mixed in just fine.
Which CoQ10 did you use?

Matestube

it works fine. I dissolve about 20mg of micronized progesterone into a teaspoon of MCT oil and it disappears and I swallow it occasionally. Nothing works as well for a stomach ache.
I tried again putting some raw progesterone powder in hot MCT oil, and it hardly dissolved.
I ordered some tocopherol oil to see of it mixes better.

OP
ecstatichamster
I tried again putting some raw progesterone powder in hot MCT oil, and it hardly dissolved.

my progesterone is from Suchlabs. Dissolved just fine, interesting!

Ponce

Can you tell us where you ordered your tocopherol oil ? Thanks !

Grapelander

Which CoQ10 did you use?
I used the Pure Bulk powder. The reason I mixed with the MCT oil was to prevent oxidation.
Interesting that it hardens up in the fridge more than just the MCT alone (structured?).
I think if I make it again I will add Vitamin E - seems like CoQ10 needs it to work right:

"Current evidence suggests that ubiquinol and α-tocopherol act in concert to scavenge radicals during autoxidation of mitochondrial membranes (Kagan et al., 1990;Stoyanovsky et al., 1995;Lass and Sohal, 1998;2000;Sohal, 2004). α-Tocopherol seems to act as a direct scavenger forming tocopheroxyl radical, whereas ubiquinol reacts with tocopheroxyl radical to regenerate αtocopherol."

P

Peatness

I used the Pure Bulk powder. The reason I mixed with the MCT oil was to prevent oxidation.
Interesting that it hardens up in the fridge more than just the MCT alone (structured?).
I think if I make it again I will add Vitamin E - seems like CoQ10 needs it to work right:

"Current evidence suggests that ubiquinol and α-tocopherol act in concert to scavenge radicals during autoxidation of mitochondrial membranes (Kagan et al., 1990;Stoyanovsky et al., 1995;Lass and Sohal, 1998;2000;Sohal, 2004). α-Tocopherol seems to act as a direct scavenger forming tocopheroxyl radical, whereas ubiquinol reacts with tocopheroxyl radical to regenerate αtocopherol."
Thank you