The Synergy Company: Super B Complex - Advice Needed

L_C

Some time ago I ordered Super B Complex from the Synergy Company. Back then I didn't know about the importance of folate/folic acid and B12 methylation. Therefore, I asked them about it if folate and B12 are methylated in their product.

Here is their response:

"Our multivitamins contain a variety of food-form B vitamins that are created during our special fermentation transformation process. We start out using a form of pure B vitamin isolate (USP). We add a pure yeast (Saccharomyces cervisiae) that ingests each vitamin along with a mix of whole food cofactors, transforming it into a natural food-form B vitamin. There may be some methylated forms naturally present, but we have not specifically tested for these and their quantities. If you are looking for specific high-dose forms of methylated vitamin isolates, we would recommend you look at another company. Our vitamins are meant to mimic how you would get your vitamins and minerals from food, allowing your body to transform and utilize them as nature intended."

Link to the product page can be found here: Super B-Complex™

Here are the ingredients:

upload_2020-9-25_11-34-50.png

I am somewhat puzzled by this response. Besides non methylated version of folate/b12 they use yeast. I would think anything with yeast is not good but clearly I don't know much about it. Therefore, I am asking for your input. Is this B complex still in a good form to take?

S-VV

They’re basically saying that they take b vits, add them to the yeast, and then sell them at a premium.

OP
L_C

L_C

Right, I was more concerned that they sell non- methylated version of folic acid and b12. From reading here on the forum seems that’s not good.