When you are content to be simply yourself
and don't compare or compete
everybody will respect you."

Tao Te Ching

charlie

The Law & Order Admin
Thats some good stuff right there.

Birdie

Agreed. The only thing I disagree with is the last line, "everybody will respect you."

I think it's better to view it as, "What everybody thinks of me is none of my business". That fits better with the rest of it. A sort of self containment.

Birdie

Birdie said:
Agreed. The only thing I disagree with is the last line, "everybody will respect you."

I think it's better to view it as, "What everybody thinks of me is none of my business". That fits better with the rest of it. A sort of self containment.

On second thought, maybe not. Too individualistic. The idea of not needing anybody is a little cold.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
G Nevada Church Ruling By Supreme Court Breaking News 1
L Controversial US Bill Would Lift Supreme Court Ban On Patenting Human Genes Articles & Scientific Studies 2
J Ideal Meal Frequency Representing Supreme Health Health 23
R Sodium and water retention Ask For Help or Advice 5
Lenny Are "Crown Prince Natural, Whole Oysters, Packed In Water" Any good and freeze-able? Seafood 5
A What's The Proper Way Of Doing Water Fast? Ask For Help or Advice 16
N Can I Dissolve Caffeine Powder In Boiled Water And Then Apply On My Scalp? Hair & Nails 22
Harryedgar Peat Practice - Help Needed With Inflammation And Water Retention Ask For Help or Advice 4
R T3 During Water Fasting Ask For Help or Advice 6
Mito 4th Phase Water Could Heal Ecological Problems Miscellaneous Health Discussions 0
C Water Restriction / How Much Liquids Do You Get? Water 19
J Fluoride Content Of Sparkling Water An Issue? Water 10
Recoen Cowan And Pollack On Water Water 23
K Can I Use SAM-E Powder In Just Water? Mental Issues 3
haidut The Case For Water Fluoridation May Be Nothing But A Corporate Plot Scientific Studies 9
C Sparkling Water? CO2, Bag Breathing 2
haidut The "safe" Levels Of Thyroid Inhibitor In Tap Water Much Lower Than Previously Thought Scientific Studies 0
L Does Lithium Orotate Dissolve In Water Like Aspirin? Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 3
D Any Open Water Swimmers Here ? Exercise 0
E Robert Kennedy Junior Blows Alan Dershowitz Out Of The Water Regarding Vaccine Safety Viruses, Parasites, Fungus, Vaccines 7
N T3- Massive Water Rentention Cause? Thyroid and Hormones 31
ecstatichamster Luc Montagnier Dna Waves And Water (Haidut And Dr. Peat Referred To This) Scientific Studies 2
Hgreen56 Doing Dishes In Cold Vs Hot Water Ask For Help or Advice 3
A Life Ruined From Drinking 6 Liters Of Water For Weeks Ask For Help or Advice 22
G Water Filter Water 27
round How Do You Balance Glucose To Fructose Ratio? Using Rice Water ? Weight 1
S.Seneff Water-generated Negative Air Ions Activate NK Cell And Inhibit Carcinogenesis In Mice Scientific Studies 1
S The Best Water Brand In The Uk Water 0
JanP How To Increase Sodium And Water Retention? Ask For Help or Advice 2
cyclops Being In Ocean Water - Any Benefits? Health 29
RWilly Municipal Water Going From 7.8 To 8.8 Acidity vs. Alkalinity 11
C Why Is Salt Reducing My Water Retention And Frequent Urination? Ask For Help or Advice 2
Such_Umami Does Calcium Leak Into Boiling Water? Ask For Help or Advice 1
Peatit Ling's Structured Water Is Going Mainstream Scientific Studies 1
D Extending Life Of Water Filter - Toxic Danger? Miscellaneous Health Discussions 0
A Water Retention/ Loss Of Skin Elasticity/ Fat In Face? Skin 6
Soren Pristine Hydro Water Filter Acidity vs. Alkalinity 40
L Possible (but Painful) Way To Get Around The Accumulating Birth Control In Water Toxins, Detoxification 2
D Anyone Heard Of DiTetra Gas Infused Water? Water 5
Locutus Crystal Geyser Sparkling Natural Mineral Water, 12oz Glass Bottles, 24 Pack Diet 0
Y Coconut Water Decrease The Level Of Serotonin In Brain Cortisol, Serotonin, Histamine 4
Gadreel Why Do I Feel Terribly Bloated And Full Of Water Masturbating Male Issues 0
T Arsenic In Tap Water Causing Cancer Scientific Studies 0
G Thyroid Synthetic T3 - Water Solution - Is It Possible ? Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 2
L Chemists Discover Water Microdroplets Spontaneously Produce Hydrogen Peroxide Articles & Scientific Studies 1
haidut Drinking Fluoridated Water During Pregnancy May Lower IQ (in Sons) Scientific Studies 0
B 30 Day Coconut Water Fast To Detox And Help Ulcers, Leaky Gut, Hypothyroidism,liver/kidney Function? Ask For Help or Advice 13
B Where To Get Fluoride, Chlorine Free Water? Ask For Help or Advice 31
LLight Water Structure, Osmolytes And Cancer Cancer 131
Lokzo Hydrogen Water - Insanely Strong Reaction Experiments 62