The Suppression Of Collective Joy

sm1693

I think this is well worth a read. I think this suppression of expression and turning the festivities into spectacles are directly related to the serotonergic rigidity and learned helplessness.

I have enjoyed your posts over the years.

This is an interesting thing to bring up. There is a small group of people on here (likely in pretty good health now) that is looking at things on a bigger level. We can only improve our individual positivity so much when we are surrounded by negatives.

Love this quote,
“Christmas was once so wild that it was banned in certain states. People would costume themselves and go door-to-door, demand drinks from every house they went to, pour out into the streets, and dance."

and this beauty,
"Grandma B. advised, “Encourage their creativity… Don’t make them self-conscious… Keep them out of school as much as possible. What is school but training in how to sit still?”"

Last edited:

snowboard111

"I think this suppression of expression and turning the festivities into spectacles are directly related to the serotonergic rigidity and learned helplessness."

Can you elaborate on that?

Last edited:

Birdie

I thought the article was interesting.
Some good points for opening my mind. And some I flat disagreed with.
I like stuff like that.
Thanks.

OP
Hugh Johnson

Hugh Johnson

"I think this suppression of expression and turning the festivities into spectacles are directly related to the serotonergic rigidity and learned helplessness."

Can you elaborate on that?
I'll try. Don't take this too seriously, though.

Shame researcher Brene Brown told a story about shopping with her daughter, who started dancing. At that point shame struck Brene, but she did overcome it and helped her daughter do the robot.

There is a big difference between expressing yourself and being told that you are not good enough to express yourself in dance and art, but must leave it to the experts. It is the same thing sm1693 about school. Sit still, obey. I see the dopamin system as a system of action, creation and connection. Serotonin system is the brakes. There is nothing wrong with brakes, you want people to not bash your face in and respect the dominance hierarchy.

However, the festivals allow people to express themselves, make new connections and challenge the values of the dominance hierarchy in a safe way. Which is why the elites hate them and want to take over them. They are socialized to a certain worldview of domination and objectification, see:

In those festivals they are outsiders, their close administrators and servants are outsiders. But they see the power of community, creativity and communication, and they really don't like it. Any challenge to the dominance hierarchy or its views is anarchy and must squashed. Nevermind everyone's rights are still respected.

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals