The Strangest Health Practice Or Treatment You Think Works

Franz

I was wondering, what are the strangest/ most alternative health practices or treatments (not related to ray Peat) you guys think work?

To start, I have an earthing bed sheet that I think is probably doing some good. Furthermore, I belief a lot of things can be achieved through meditational practices.

jaa

Re: the strangest health practice or treatment you think wor

I don't think the latter is too controversial.

I haven't gotten in to earthing via electrical grounding yet, though I have a friend who swears by it. I have tried Inclined Bed Therapy, which seems to improve my sleep quality. It may be for no other reason than I find it more comfortable than sleeping on a level surface.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

Oil pulling for mouth health.

gretchen

Earthing is up there. Bach flower essences produce quick mental/emotional relief-- a few drops and you can change you whole life.

OP
F

Franz

Charlie said:

I do that too sometimes, still not sure about it though.

OP
F

Franz

gretchen said:
Earthing is up there. Bach flower essences produce quick mental/emotional relief-- a few drops and you can change you whole life.

I looked up the back flower essences, the website says it is considered homeopathic. I am VERY skeptical about homeopathy :P. So far I am inclined to belief it works solely through suggestion/ placebo.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

Franz said:
Charlie said:

I do that too sometimes, still not sure about it though.

You have to be consistent with it. It works.

jyb

Charlie said:

Do you do it for a whole 15-20 minutes?

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

jyb said:
Charlie said:

Most people swear by twice a day 20-30 minutes. I did that for the first couple of months. But now, I do once a day soon as I wake up for 30 minutes. For extra whitening power and also better bacteria absorption I throw in a pinch of charcoal sometimes.

4peatssake

Charlie said:
jyb said:
Charlie said:
Most people swear by twice a day 20-30 minutes. I did that for the first couple of months. But now, I do once a day soon as I wake up for 30 minutes. For extra whitening power and also better bacteria absorption I throw in a pinch of charcoal sometimes.
Charlie, do you have website you can recommend to learn about this :?: Curiosity piqued here. ;)

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

Well I learned about it here. :lol: Nwo2012 is doing it. Ray Peat said there is something to it. I then went and checked out the oil pulling forum over on curezone for a bit on how to do it.

http://curezone.com/forums/f.asp?f=738

It works no doubt. Btw I use coconut oil.

4peatssake

Charlie said:
Well I learned about it here. :lol: Nwo2012 is doing it. Ray Peat said there is something to it. I then went and checked out the oil pulling forum over on curezone for a bit on how to do it.

http://curezone.com/forums/f.asp?f=738

It works no doubt. Btw I use coconut oil.
OK, great - thank you!

Coconut oil FTW!
:woo

honeybee

I've posted this here before-its hard to believe unless you actually do it. If you burn yourself, immediately wrap affected part with aluminum foil. Last year I burned my hand and it hurt so bad that I thought I was going to have to go the ER or UC. Instead I wrapped my whole hand in aluminum foil and kept it on there for at least 30 minutes. It took awhile for pain to go away (10-15 mins) but when I took the foil off my hand was lightly marked with pink. And no scars or blister.
I tried this with 2 separate incidents and it worked both times.
It might have something to do with CO2? Not sure but works.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

honeybee, thank you for posting that again. It does make me wonder the mechanism that is at work with that.

4peatssake

honeybee said:
I've posted this here before-its hard to believe unless you actually do it. If you burn yourself, immediately wrap affected part with aluminum foil. Last year I burned my hand and it hurt so bad that I thought I was going to have to go the ER or UC. Instead I wrapped my whole hand in aluminum foil and kept it on there for at least 30 minutes. It took awhile for pain to go away (10-15 mins) but when I took the foil off my hand was lightly marked with pink. And no scars or blister.
I tried this with 2 separate incidents and it worked both times.
It might have something to do with CO2? Not sure but works.
How very interesting, honeybee
I came across a Time Magazine article from May 1948 (sorry, don't have a subscription so could only access a snippet) where this was used for the first time in the US on serious burns. I seem to recall seeing aluminum type sheets being used for burn victims in movies (not very scientific, I know. :lol: ) but I could be wrong.

Here's what the Time Magazine article said:

Medicine: Foil for Burns
Steam from an exploding locomotive had scalded Fireman Frank Mihlan of the Erie Railroad. When he was carried into Cleveland's Charity Hospital on July 15, doctors thought that he had little chance of living: 70% of his body was burned. Erie Surgeons decided to try something new. They wrapped the patient in bandages made from paper-thin strips of aluminum foil, developed by Toronto's Dr. Alfred W. Farmer. It was the first time aluminum foil for burns had been used in the U.S., the first time it had ever been used for burns of the whole body.

Relief from pain was "miraculous"; within...
Couldn't source the entire article online unless purchasing a subscription.

Read snippet here

Of course, the most appropriate use of aluminum foil is a tin foil hat. :lol:
tinfoil-hat.gif

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

4ps, I googled a sentence out of the Times article and got this:

http://www.google.com/patents/US20130030341

Looks like someone patented a burn relief system based on aluminum foil. Quick scan of it seems to indicate the aluminum dissipates the heat away from the burn faster then normal rate. I guess that's why the damage is lessened.

4peatssake

Charlie said:
4ps, I googled a sentence out of the Times article and got this:

http://www.google.com/patents/US20130030341

Looks like someone patented a burn relief system based on aluminum foil. Quick scan of it seems to indicate the aluminum dissipates the heat away from the burn faster then normal rate. I guess that's why the damage is lessened.
Neat. Interesting find.
This is my understanding for how it words as well. The foil actually sucks the heat into it, some kind of absorption happening but it retains it without further conductivity. Pretty cool - pun intended. :roll:

I've had great results with Aloe for burns as well but that's not considered strange I don't think.

4peatssake

Regarding oil pulling, I found this website, oilpulling.com which offers a free ebook on oil pulling.
Interesting. I did my first oil pull this afternoon - the book recommends in the morning on an empty stomach but I thought "What the heck, I'll give it a go now." ;)
My mouth feels nice and clean so I'll be continuing this experiment!
Thanks for the great thread and interesting info!

:hattip

OP
F

Franz

Jep, in my experience oil pulling is at least a good way to clean your mouth. I'm not sure about the other health claims though.

D

danishispsychic

The Master Cleanse. Coffee Enemas. Drinking Borax in water. Dry brushing...