The story of me

Uthmin

Hello, everybody!

I'm new here. I registered a couple days ago after finding an interesting reference to "carrot salad" on a web page somewhere and reading most of Dr. Peat's articles. I've read a lot of the forum, but certainly not all of it.

I'm a 50 year old male with the typical constellation of metabolic syndrome symptoms:

Abdominal obesity (I need to lose about 70 lbs.)
High fasting blood sugar and a1c
High cholesterol (with low HDL)
High triglycerides
High blood pressure

I would like very much to become healthy if possible, and if not, at least more healthy than I am right now. I've been eating at least one daily carrot salad for about a month now along with a few other simple changes to my menu, like milk and oj. I've been using cronometer.com to add things up and see what kind of nutrition I'm getting overall.

I'm currently classed as being a diet-controlled diabetic. I don't take insulin in any form, and I'd like to keep it that way. I have prescriptions for medications to control blood pressure, triglycerides, and cholesterol, but I don't take them regularly because the side effects I experience aren't comfortable, and the potential long-term side effects range from inconvenient to fatal. I only recently learned about bag breathing so I haven't tried it yet, but I'm hopeful that it might help me lower my blood pressure.

I believe that I am very likely estrogen dominant and magnesium deficient. I don't know about thyroid function at this point. I've not noticed myself being cold or anything unless I'm trying to drop calories to lose weight. Then I get cold and tired and I tend to crave Bad Things (tm). I've been in pretty much this same condition since roughly age 8 or so. I don't expect to fix all of it right now, but I want to take the most effective action immediately and hopefully add in the rest as soon as practical.

So that's the "brief" introduction. I do have a couple questions based on my experience plugging things in to the calorie counting website, but I'll save those for a more appropriate place. Any advice will be greatly appreciated. If I haven't provided enough information, I'm happy to answer any and all questions.

Nice to meet you all!

Jenn

Re Ray Peat diabetes is a fat metabolism issue and a protein deficiency issues....and the failure of the body to RETAIN sugar. If you like potatoes, they can be your best friend when it comes to healing, IF they are cooked/served with good fat and lots of salt, to taste.

My son lost 15 lbs and 2 pant sizes eating JUST potatoes, as many as he wanted, mostly as homemade french fries.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Uthmin, :welcome

4peatssake

:welcome2 to the forum Uthmin!
Glad you have joined us!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals