miquelangeles

Yeah he has talked about it here and there.
No he told me to use it over email .

What is the last sentence referring to ?

I've been using lanolin (dissolved in MCT) again for the last week, in conjunction with WBM.

More than 1 drop in the most permeable area seems to trigger BPH symptoms (and so do many of the fat solubles; I once made the mistake to try topical DHEA and it was really bad). 1 drop seems fine and provides the benefits, and as you mentioned previously it's probably best not to use it every day.

However, I stopped that and now I'm using it at the axillae with good results. Have you tried this separately? 17β-HSD, 3β-HSD and 5α-R are all present in the apocrine glands. I mentioned before that lanolin can actually be used as a deodorant, because it is antibacterial in itself, it locks moisture in and prevents perspiration. If you want additional bactericidal activity and fragrance you can add a few drops of clove oil and sandalwood oil (they are both anti-estrogenic unlike most other essential oils). Lanolin used to be an ingredient in deodorants before some people started developing allergies, but that was mainly due to the contaminants and pesticides used in wool processing. Nowadays some companies still boast being "lanolin free" similar to "paraben free".
You'd be surprised how effective it is as a deodorant. It needs to be the waxy solid type of lanolin (not the HPA Lanolin because that one is too soft). But never use it with deodorant simultaneously because it is too effective as a carrier.

LLight

Would not touching water / showering for extended times increase CYP11A1 expression?

• "Categories of NFAT5 Target Genes Upregulated after Adaptation to High NaCl, but Not after as Little as 24 h of High NaCl.
  • Steroid hormones. Cyp11a1 protein localizes to the mitochondrial inner membrane and catalyzes the conversion of cholesterol to pregnenolone, the first and rate-limiting step in the synthesis of the steroid hormones."

Soft or hard dryfast, both are really good. But, here is my truth on this subject since I’ve done both of these for years. A 10 day soft as well as a 10 day hard dry.

In terms of fat consumption, there’s not much difference. At best it’s a 1-2 pound difference for my size. But, total weight loss is higher in the duration of the hard dry. The muscles and everything else besides the vital organs don’t get much water in the hard dry. So the muscles become light like paper and can easily tear of you over do it.

The skin doesn’t absorb water for the entire body. Only the skin gets hydrated letting a greater portion of your body stay cooler so naturally the daily consumption of your metabolic water is less and your water levels stay higher than a hard dry. And this gives the illusion of “well, my body’s absorbing water”. No not at all.

No water contact. The skin doesn’t get hydrated and a large portion of your body don’t cool off. That causes your internal temperature to rise to the highest. And metabolic water levels fall and stay at this lower default level. Your temperature will always be high.

The hard is the superior. Soft doesn’t compare. Both in an extended fast. No water contact seems so simple to the normal state mind. This is not so when your in the survival state of the fast. The muscles are the lightest, the organs even shrink a little bit smaller.

You become obsessed with water and the skin seems to have a mind of its own when it cries out for water. And there is an orgasmic rush when showering your body in water for the first time.

No water contact no cooling of the body causes the strongest cleansing of the emotional, psychological, spiritual and physical bodies. Because of the stronger internal presence of heat negative emotions, mental issues, spiritual monsters are consumed much more rapidly. It is literally like living with fire the soft dry just don’t have those same effects.

It’s the strongest in breaking addictions or negative habits and the greatest spiritual power in manifestation.

Soft is perfectly fine to do. And is a strong fast as well. Hard is able to dig deeper in your heart.

Eldermusl57

Thanks for the update. I'm going to resume this.
I had stopped because of some undesired effects but now I realize that I was overdoing it by using generous amounts.
It would make me feel lethargic and cause bloated face and acne.

Makes sense to try only one drop on testes. As mentioned earlier in this thread and others, the scrotum has incredibly high permeability.
I have felt immediate effects from any fat solubles that I applied (A, D, E, K). A, D and sometimes K would cause dull testicular pain shortly after application.

The rate of absorption through skin follows the following order:

Soles < Palms < Back < Scalp < Axilla < Forehead < Scrotum, with scrotum having 42-fold higher permeability than soles
I am surprised the belly button isn't included on this permeability absorption list of areas. Any reason why?

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

I've been using lanolin (dissolved in MCT) again for the last week, in conjunction with WBM.

More than 1 drop in the most permeable area seems to trigger BPH symptoms (and so do many of the fat solubles; I once made the mistake to try topical DHEA and it was really bad). 1 drop seems fine and provides the benefits, and as you mentioned previously it's probably best not to use it every day.

However, I stopped that and now I'm using it at the axillae with good results. Have you tried this separately? 17β-HSD, 3β-HSD and 5α-R are all present in the apocrine glands. I mentioned before that lanolin can actually be used as a deodorant, because it is antibacterial in itself, it locks moisture in and prevents perspiration. If you want additional bactericidal activity and fragrance you can add a few drops of clove oil and sandalwood oil (they are both anti-estrogenic unlike most other essential oils). Lanolin used to be an ingredient in deodorants before some people started developing allergies, but that was mainly due to the contaminants and pesticides used in wool processing. Nowadays some companies still boast being "lanolin free" similar to "paraben free".
You'd be surprised how effective it is as a deodorant. It needs to be the waxy solid type of lanolin (not the HPA Lanolin because that one is too soft). But never use it with deodorant simultaneously because it is too effective as a carrier.
Funny that you mention it . I'll restart it today, too.
I took a break because I wanted to see how WBMs and other things affect my androgens.

Do you think BPH symptoms are due to T-->E conversion?

I think I mentioned axiallae as a good spot somewhere early in this thread .
I have tried it once and I think it was good as well.
How many drops do you use in the axilla ?

Btw I'll stop the WBMs for now. My sleep has gotten absolutely terrible and I'm really groggy :/

JamesGatz

Ray is 100% right about rubbing anything on the skin ruining hormones ... my hormones have never been higher since stopping scrubbing my skin with anything ... i don't smell at all ... I remember like last year i even washed my hands with a store soap and felt my testosterone CRASH down it was insane im just like these soaps are really feminizing men

Last edited:

miquelangeles

I took a break because I wanted to see how WBMs and other things affect my androgens.

Btw I'll stop the WBMs for now. My sleep has gotten absolutely terrible and I'm really groggy :/

Not sure about BPH, but I assume that's the case. DHT causes BPH only in the context of excess E.

Have you seen this study? doi.org/10.1016/0039-128X(83)90071-5

In order to treat BPH medically we decided to use a new and different approach: the application of an aromatase inhibitor.

The rationale for this choice was based on the following observations:

1. First, Walsh and Wilson showed that estradiol acts synergistically with androgen treatment to induce canine BPH (5).

2. Second, Seppelt was able to demonstrate that a highly significant correlation between the increase of prostatic stroma and increasing amounts of plasma estrogen and estrogen excretion levels does exist (6).

3. Third, estrogens stimulate prostatic fibromuscular growth (2,3).

4. Fourth, Bartsch and co-workers demonstrated that human BPH is a disease which predominantly affects the stroma (connective tissue) (14).

5. Fifth, peripheral aromatization of circulating androgens is the major source of estrogen in men, and the amount of androgens aromatized increases with advancing age (4).

6. Sixth, aromatization of androstenedione to estrone has been demonstrated in cultured human fibroblasts from various sources; the highest conversion rates have been found in cells derived from BPH tissue (7).

The favorable results of testolactone treatment on BPH obtained in this first clinical study in a relatively small group of patients support our concept that aromatase inhibitors might be a valuable tool for treating BPH. Recent observation-that the aromatase inhibitor 4-hydroxyandrostenedione antagonized estrogen-related stimulation of stromal growth in castrated beagle dogs receiving androstenedione lends further support to our concept (15).

Prostatic volume decreased in all treated patients; an average volume reduction of 26% was found in group A, whereas in group B the decrease averaged 15%.

I am not using drops on the axillae, I'm using the waxy lanolin undiluted. Maybe the size of a kidney bean or more, under each arm. I guess that's a high amount.
Doesn't cause any BPH symptoms and provides all the other benefits.
Downside is that it makes me quite insensitive and non-empathetic in relations with other people, and I am not enjoying music any more. I probably need a lower dose.

Yesterday I was thinking that lanolin is actually sheep sebum, which means it might actually contain bioactive steroids itself.
There are a few Russian studies from the 60s which found androgens in lanolin, but I couldn't get more than the abstracts.

miquelangeles

Ray is 100% right about rubbing anything on the skin ruining hormones ... my hormones have never been higher since stopping scrubbing my skin with anything ... i don't smell at all ... I remember like last year i even washed my hands with a store soap and felt my testosterone CRASH down it was insane im just like these soaps are really feminizing men
I agree. @Mauritio also wrote in the original post, some studies suggest that 50% of the circulating androgens are actually derived from the skin.

miquelangeles

If you feel the sleep disturbance was digestion related, you could try WBM broth only. It was mentioned here before.
Although it's likely the bio actives which are present in the broth especially.

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

Not sure about BPH, but I assume that's the case. DHT causes BPH only in the context of excess E.

Have you seen this study? doi.org/10.1016/0039-128X(83)90071-5

I am not using drops on the axillae, I'm using the waxy lanolin undiluted. Maybe the size of a kidney bean or more, under each arm. I guess that's a high amount.
Doesn't cause any BPH symptoms and provides all the other benefits.
Downside is that it makes me quite insensitive and non-empathetic in relations with other people, and I am not enjoying music any more. I probably need a lower dose.

Yesterday I was thinking that lanolin is actually sheep sebum, which means it might actually contain bioactive steroids itself.
There are a few Russian studies from the 60s which found androgens in lanolin, but I couldn't get more than the abstracts.
Yes ,haidut posted similar studies .
If it increases BPH symptoms that means that the aromatizatiom of T to E is bigger in you than the anti-estrogenic effect of DHT that you get from lanolin .
To me it feels it feels like a mix of T and DHT but that's very subjective. But definetly more DHT heavy than for example pregnenolone.

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

If you feel the sleep disturbance was digestion related, you could try WBM broth only. It was mentioned here before.
Although it's likely the bio actives which are present in the broth especially.
Interesting, thanks for mentioning. Why would sleep not be affected by the broth though?

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

I am surprised the belly button isn't included on this permeability absorption list of areas. Any reason why
I havent found anything on navel steroidogenic enzymes expression. And I think ray once said something along the lines of the navel-skin not beeing special.

miquelangeles

Yes ,haidut posted similar studies .
If it increases BPH symptoms that means that the aromatizatiom of T to E is bigger in you than the anti-estrogenic effect of DHT that you get from lanolin .
To me it feels it feels like a mix of T and DHT but that's very subjective. But definetly more DHT heavy than for example pregnenolone.

Yes, makes sense why I feel much better on WBM.

Broth will likely disturb sleep too.
I was thinking that fiber could cause low bg, but then I realized you've been taking small amounts unlikely have such effect.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Lanolin/MCT definitely works, but there's a possibility that MCT is bioactive as well. I'm not saying this is good or bad.
I was looking into some old papers (late 1800s) about lanolin and its therapeutic uses and as an ointment it was mixed with about 30% water.
Lanolin readily combines with more than its weight in water. I think this was mentioned early on in this thread.
I remember that I used to rub it between the wet palms but now I tried to actually mix it with water and the result is a bright white cream that is non sticky and easy to apply. I'm going to use this water combination for a while and watch if the effects are similar.

A few excerpts:
Thank you, I really enjoyed this.

miquelangeles

Lanolin-derived lipid mixtures mimic closely the lipid composition and organization of vernix caseosa lipids

Vernix caseosa is a white, creamy, naturally occurring biofilm covering the skin of the fetus during the last trimester of pregnancy. Vernix coating on the neonatal skin protects the newborn skin and facilitates extra-uterine adaptation of skin in the first postnatal week if not washed away after birth.

Abstract
The aim of the present study was to use semi-synthetic lipid mixtures to mimic the complex lipid composition, organization and thermotropic behaviour of vernix caseosa (VC) lipids. As VC shows multiple protecting and barrier supporting properties before and after birth, it is suggested that a VC substitute could be an innovative barrier cream for barrier deficient skin. Lanolin was selected as the source of the branched chain sterol esters and wax esters — the main lipid classes of VC. Different lipid fractions were isolated from lanolin and subsequently mixed with squalene, triglycerides, cholesterol, ceramides and fatty acids to generate semi-synthetic lipid mixtures that mimic the lipid composition of VC, as established by high-performance thin-layer chromatography. Differential scanning calorimetry and Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy investigations revealed that triglycerides play an important role in the (lateral) lipid organization and thermotropic behaviour of the synthetic lipid mixtures. Excellent resemblance of VC lipids was obtained when adding unsaturated triglycerides. Moreover, these lipid mixtures showed similar long range ordering as VC. The optimal lipid mixture was evaluated on tape-stripped hairless mouse skin in vivo. The rate of barrier recovery was increased and comparable to VC lipid treatment.

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

I'm going to reply here since it's less off-topic
Re theaflavins :
Firstly this study shows no effect on testosterone, FSH,LH,etc. in the group that only received thefalvins .

But this study shows increased energy expenditure through UCP1+3 and AMPK upregulation.

Tbh 72% reduction in DHT is a dealbreaker for me , if that had the same effect in humans .

Last edited:

miquelangeles

I'm going to reply here since it's less off-topic
Re theaflavins :
Firstly this study shows no effect on testosterone, FSH,LH,etc. in the group that only received thefalvins .

But this study shows increased energy expenditure through UCP1+3 and AMPK upregulation.

Tbh 72% reduction in DHT is a dealbreaker for me , if that had the same effect in humans ...
@aguilaroja

I agree. Plus, other studies show a decrease of T with green tea.

At least the anti-aromatase activity of black tea was demonstrated in human cell lines. It's worth keeping it in mind, until we see more data in humans regarding DHT.

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

I agree. Plus, other studies show a decrease of T with green tea.

At least the anti-aromatase activity of black tea was demonstrated in human cell lines. It's worth keeping it in mind, until we see more data in humans regarding DHT.
Yes, there might just be better options until then.
At some point I want to try the paradise pepper again. Have you checked that out ?

miquelangeles

Yes, there might just be better options until then.
At some point I want to try the paradise pepper again. Have you checked that out ?
I looked into it several times after I saw it mentioned here, but I couldn't find a local source and didn't bother to order from abroad.

Do you have any experience with squalene? I know it was mentioned previously in this thread, and discussed in other threads as well.
It is a precursor to lanosterol and it is safe to ingest, as shark liver oil for example. Processed shark liver oil contains virtually no PUFA.
Multiple studies showing supplemental squalene improves reproductive performance in farmed animals and increases T.

There is also an interesting study with just external exposure to squalene:

Squalene is a potential endocrine modulator in rat: A proof-of-principle study with 3-methylcholanthrene-induced toxicity​

Abstract
Oestrus urine was proved as a potential endocrine modulator in alleviating the toxicity induced by 3-methylcholanthrene (3-MC) in male rats. We, in this study, aimed to prove the attributing potential of toxicity alleviation to squalene, an oestrus-specific pheromone in rats. A single dose of 3-methylcholanthrene (25 mg/kg BW, i.p.) was administered to male Wistar rats with concurrent exposure to squalene sprayed in bedding material (Group III). Group II rats did receive 3-MC treatment but did not expose to squalene. Group I rats were intact control neither administered 3-MC nor sprayed with squalene. In consequence of 3-MC toxicity, liver and testes weights were increased and the components of blood cells (RBC and WBC count, Hb level) and testosterone concentration were significantly reduced in Group II rats. Moreover, sperm count was reduced and antioxidants (testes and epididymis) were significantly altered. Exposure to squalene in Group III rats comparatively normalised all the variable components towards baseline and reorganised the histological architecture of reproductive tissues that were exacerbated with 3-MC toxicity. This study ultimately proved squalene as a potent molecule in alleviating the toxicity induced by 3-methylcholanthrene.

Animal models involving toxicity of endocrine disruptors in the reproductive system have been extensively studied; however, reviviving toxicity through use of endocrine modulators is a novel approach rarely investigated. This idea arose from the fact that molecules excreted in the body secretions, in part, are thought to modulate the endocrine system in conspecifics. These signalling molecules are referred to as pheromones that are found in body fluids such as urine, faeces, saliva, sweat, specialised exocrine glands and genital mucous secretions. We, in this study, are interested to use squalene, because it is secreted abundantly in the clitoral gland of female rats during oestrus that was found to attract males (Achiraman et al., 2011). Moreover, in our previous study, we revealed the potential of oestrus‐specific urine in reviving the reproductive toxicity induced by a polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbon (PAH), the 3‐methylcholan‐ threne (Suriyakalaa et al., 2016).

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

I looked into it several times after I saw it mentioned here, but I couldn't find a local source and didn't bother to order from abroad.

Do you have any experience with squalene? I know it was mentioned previously in this thread, and discussed in other threads as well.
It is a precursor to lanosterol and it is safe to ingest, as shark liver oil for example. Processed shark liver oil contains virtually no PUFA.
Multiple studies showing supplemental squalene improves reproductive performance in farmed animals and increases T.

There is also an interesting study with just external exposure to squalene:

Squalene is a potential endocrine modulator in rat: A proof-of-principle study with 3-methylcholanthrene-induced toxicity​

Try it man . It's really effective and lasts super long . I get an effect from just 3 seeds . Even if you have to import it ,it shouldn't be super expensive as the raw material is super cheap. I payed less than 5€ for it.

I tried it ,but only to the extent it is present in gonadin. Which contains a few other ingredients, so I can't really comment on it.

miquelangeles

Try it man . It's really effective and lasts super long . I get an effect from just 3 seeds . Even if you have to import it ,it shouldn't be super expensive as the raw material is super cheap. I payed less than 5€ for it.

I tried it ,but only to the extent it is present in gonadin. Which contains a few other ingredients, so I can't really comment on it.
I'll get some.
No seeds available locally but there is a patented extract called AfperFIT™, have you heard about it?