OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

Looks good. I prefer the clear glass classic ones.
The glass texture or coating will change the spectrum and possibly its effects as well. (Not necessarily in a negative way, could be positive too).
I've done a lot of experimentation and it's powerful stuff. I kinda overdid it and I've had some nasty experiences.
Seemed like a hormonal fck up, gave me erratic heart beat, hyperthyroid and all kinds of scary symptoms. I'd go to bed and fall asleep as usual, then wake up after 1 hr with all the symptoms and unable to sleep till daylight came.
Causing phase shifts in the circadian rhythms is VERY easy with bright light.
I collected a lot of interesting research on light therapy both old and new. I will share some interesting extracts when I get a chance.
What is interesting is that I never got this kind of side effects even when staying excessively in bright hot sunlight.
It could be the electric fields from the incandescent bulbs at close distance causing some side effects as well.
This is a clear glass one.
Same, yesterday I felt kind of burned out after work.
Today, I literally just did 1 second and that was better. Didnt you say there is tolerance as well ?

miquelangeles

This is a clear glass one.
Same, yesterday I felt kind of burned out after work.
Today, I literally just did 1 second and that was better. Didnt you say there is tolerance as well ?
Damn, just 1 second? I've been doing up to 1 hour lol.
Also, look into photoperiodism studies. It's very interesting. Ray also talked about this.
This is where the most profound effects come from.
The idea is to use bright incandescent light in your environment for 16 hours per day. This tricks the brain into believing it's summer and there's an abundance of food available and the whole metabolism and hormonal profile shifts towards a reproductive stage. You also have to maintain a diet rich in all micro and macronutrients otherwise there won't be any effect. I noticed that if you maintain a slight caloric surplus the effect is even stronger. But it's easy to gain too much weight in that case.
There's a study on farm animals showing that increasing photoperiod to 16 hours per day is more effective than supplemental testosterone for increasing reproduction. But they chose testosterone for being more practical and cost effective.

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

Yes better than with lanolin.
I use iberian pig lard and free range pig lard as my main added fats.
Unfortunately I have some kind of olive oil allergy, it gives me a cough and runny nose. Must be the polyphenols.

See sci-hub.se/10.1055/s-2008-1046800 re: iberian pig lard.
That is very interesting! Especially that the iberian pig lard was so much more effective than coconut oil.

I think lard is mainly MUFA, but also 6-10% PUFA .
Does iberian lard have a better ratio?

Can you recommend a good product?

I found this on fatty acid composition:

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

Damn, just 1 second? I've been doing up to 1 hour lol.
Also, look into photoperiodism studies. It's very interesting. Ray also talked about this.
This is where the most profound effects come from.
The idea is to use bright incandescent light in your environment for 16 hours per day. This tricks the brain into believing it's summer and there's an abundance of food available and the whole metabolism and hormonal profile shifts towards a reproductive stage. You also have to maintain a diet rich in all micro and macronutrients otherwise there won't be any effect. I noticed that if you maintain a slight caloric surplus the effect is even stronger. But it's easy to gain too much weight in that case.
There's a study on farm animals showing that increasing photoperiod to 16 hours per day is more effective than supplemental testosterone for increasing reproduction. But they chose testosterone for being more practical and cost effective.
Yeah it feels kind of ridiculous to shine light on yourself like that, but it was on the testes and 5 seconds was definitely too much ...

miquelangeles

That is very interesting! Especially that the iberian pig lard was so much more effective than coconut oil.

I think lard is mainly MUFA, but also 6-10% PUFA .
Does iberian lard have a better ratio?

Can you recommend a good product?

I found this on fatty acid composition:

Anything that you can find is fine.
Locally I was only able to find this one: Ibérico Schweineschmalz | OTTO GOURMET
But it's not suitable for topical because it is flavored with condiments. Great for cooking or as a butter replacement though.
I also use mangalitsa lard. Mangalitsa is a breed of pigs that tastes very similar to the iberian. Has a curly coat of wool and looks like a sheep.
Badger lard and bear lard are also available and worth trying.
Bear lard has been used traditionally for BPH.

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

Anything that you can find is fine.
Locally I was only able to find this one: Ibérico Schweineschmalz | OTTO GOURMET
But it's not suitable for topical because it is flavored with condiments. Great for cooking or as a butter replacement though.
I also use mangalitsa lard. Mangalitsa is a breed of pigs that tastes very similar to the iberian. Has a curly coat of wool and looks like a sheep.
Badger lard and bear lard are also available and worth trying.
Bear lard has been used traditionally for BPH.
So you get the hormonal effects from topical application? Do you think there would be hormonal effect with oral consumption as well?

I also like the idea of wild pig and bear lard...
This one seems nice. More than 40% SFA

miquelangeles

Yeah it feels kind of ridiculous to shine light on yourself like that, but it was on the testes and 5 seconds was definitely too much ...
Oh I don't doubt that it has an effect. And probably less is more in this situation.
By the way, I was only able to find two brands of incandescent bulbs.
Trixline and Iskra.
Although they look almost identical, I get a stressful reaction from the Iskra brand, whereas Trixline always give me a sense of wellbeing and energy.
They are both rated 2700K color temperature, but Trixline is slightly warmer.
I don't know what can explain this difference in biological effects, but there could be certain spikes in the spectrum due to differences in the tungsten filament or the gases used inside the bulb. Some are with vacuum others user argon/nitrogen.
Just saying that if you're not getting positive results try another manufacturer.

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

So you get the hormonal effects from topical application? Do you think there would be hormonal effect with oral consumption as well?

The other one is out of stock. This one looks good as well.

Last edited:

miquelangeles

Yes I get the effects from topical but it's not as strong as lanolin.
But I use it daily in food as well and I feel better than with butter, coconut oil or olive oil.
That one looks nice. It's worth trying all of them for diversity, as food.

golder

"The skin and the brain are important sites of steroid synthesis, and they are usually ignored by endocrinologists investigating steroid hormones."
- Ray Peat
Thanks. Great quote, and personally I've found so true. Never heard an endo mention skin/brain once, and I've found sun exposure and psychological work to have more profound effects on hormones than anything else.

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

Thanks. Great quote, and personally I've found so true. Never heard an endo mention skin/brain once, and I've found sun exposure and psychological work to have more profound effects on hormones than anything else.
Yes, I think people should assume that Everything they put on their skin will be absorbed and elicit a hormonal response, because that is more often the case than not. Even coconut oil has an effect topically for me.

If it's the right thought, one thought can make you feel different in a second and loose all the tension and stress . It's quite powerful when you realize it. It's like your body is listening to what you think.

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

Motorneuron

I hope I'm not too off topic but I found this image on Wikipedia. Can you clarify whether the isolated application of topical and / or oral progesterone can actually increase Testosterone / DHT?

Second question on topical application:

Is there no risk that it can end up in fat before it gets into the bloodstream?

Attachments

• Androgen_backdoor_pathway.svg (1).png
    Androgen_backdoor_pathway.svg (1).png
    44 KB · Views: 16
OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

I hope I'm not too off topic but I found this image on Wikipedia. Can you clarify whether the isolated application of topical and / or oral progesterone can actually increase Testosterone / DHT?

Second question on topical application:

Is there no risk that it can end up in fat before it gets into the bloodstream?
It could indirectly increase ALL the good hormones, by making your body healthier on many ways. Simply lowering cortisol goes a long way.
But I don't think in vivo progesterone is converted to T and, even less likely DHT, in higher doses it can actually compete with DHT , leading to a net lowering.

There's much better ways of increasing T and Dht for example the main mechanism talked about in this thread -->putting lanolin on a steroidogenic skin area

I dont get your second question.

Motorneuron

It could indirectly increase ALL the good hormones, by making your body healthier on many ways. Simply lowering cortisol goes a long way.
But I don't think in vivo progesterone is converted to T and, even less likely DHT, in higher doses it can actually compete with DHT , leading to a net lowering.

There's much better ways of increasing T and Dht for example the main mechanism talked about in this thread -->putting lanolin on a steroidogenic skin area

I dont get your second question.
Thanks ?

Coderr

How long does the lanolin-mct oil mixture last? I have been using the product that I have made for 1 year. Should I prepare a new one?

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

How long does the lanolin-mct oil mixture last? I have been using the product that I have made for 1 year. Should I prepare a new one?
I don't think it degrades a lot. Should still be good.

RayIV

I’m going to start this experiment again.

As I’ve mentioned previously in this thread, I used a combination of Lanolin and Pyrucet on the testicles. Everything actually went well overall, in terms of beneficial effects. I ran this combination for a month or so, and I believe I stopped just to give my body a break. The good outcomes remained unchanged in that time frame.

Although, I never thought to revisit this, until now.

Maybe the beneficial effects had persisted, amidst discontinuation, and there was no urge to continue running this experiment. But, I’m just speculating here, it’s been a minute.

Nevertheless, I’m going to attempt this again, with the addition of Vitamin A.

Topical Application to Scrotum:

- Retinil (Palmitate) (2 Drops)
- Pure Lanolin (2 Drops)
- Pyrucet (2-4 Drops)

- **Possibly** Lanosterol (2 Drops) as well, although this may be redundant considering the lanolin.

I’ll check back in soon.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals