OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

1 month on and 1 month off?
Everybody's different so I'd try taking it daily until you notice effects drop of . Then take a break for a few days ,start again and take it one day less than what made tolerance occure. Then you have to figure out how long the break in between has to be . It's all trial and error . Ofc theres also different ways to do it .
I've been wanting to ask peat about 2 weeks on 2 weeks off protocol ,similar to what he suggested for progesterone for females.

Steed

Some guys here mention alpha energy etc. which is quite a ridicules description that has lost its meaning a long time ago.

Either way, could someone describe the feeling of higher or high androgens? I feel somewhat more indifferent, definitely more calm/sleepy. My mind is certainly more quiet, as am I. I did a couple of drops 70/30. What is a good feeling and at what point does it become counter productive?

Some small things from reading the thread:

I dont think you need to cycle these things. Peat mentioned it specifically for progesterone because of the dynamics of a woman’s cycle. I don’t think he says the same things about cholesterol or even pregenenolone.

Acetate is not the same as acetoacetate. Acetoacetates metabolite is acetone, not acetate. These are different molecules.

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

dont think you need to cycle these things. Peat mentioned it specifically for progesterone because of the dynamics of a woman’s cycle. I don’t think he says the same things about cholesterol or even pregenenolone.
Not sure if that's true. Peat also said that your liver will become more efficient at excreting and metabolizing it . I think he was referring to pregnenolone. I personally notice a quick tolerance development to low dose pregnenolone, in a matter of a few days.

If breaks are necessary for lanolin ,I don't known. Would be cool if somebody tried it.
Generally it's always good to take short breaks from almost everything you supplement ,especially when it has to do with hormones. Not necessarily because it will suppress endogenous production, but because your liver will upregulate the enzymes that process this substance.

That's my personal way of doing it.

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

Acetate is not the same as acetoacetate. Acetoacetates metabolite is acetone, not acetate. These are different molecules.
Oh cool thanks for clarifying. Then it might be the pyruvate, increasing NAD, which is also needed for steroidogeneis. Or some other mechanism...

miquelangeles

Not sure if that's true. Peat also said that your liver will become more efficient at excreting and metabolizing it . I think he was referring to pregnenolone. I personally notice a quick tolerance development to low dose pregnenolone, in a matter of a few days.

If breaks are necessary for lanolin ,I don't known. Would be cool if somebody tried it.
Generally it's always good to take short breaks from almost everything you supplement ,especially when it has to do with hormones. Not necessarily because it will suppress endogenous production, but because your liver will upregulate the enzymes that process this substance.

That's my personal way of doing it.

As far as I remember Ray said that about progesterone in relation to a woman’s cycle, but the statement about the liver increasing excretion is also true.

Have you come across any research on male hormonal cycles? I’ve been wanting to post a thread about this.

Steed

I think that as a general statement to all supplements, the precausionary principle reigns supreme. So, applying caution while smeering our balls in woolfat seems like good strategy.

But the whole point of supplementing upstream hormones in physiological doses is not to dictate the body, but to give it options. Dictating becomes an issue with shutdown etc. A more efficient liver might simply be the result of more positive hormones or that the body has enough stored.

How would you guys describe the feeling of a too high dose here?

Last edited:
OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

As far as I remember Ray said that about progesterone in relation to a woman’s cycle, but the statement about the liver increasing excretion is also true.

Have you come across any research on male hormonal cycles? I’ve been wanting to post a thread about this.
Not scientifically, only rumours :D

I think that as a general statement to all supplements, the precausionary principle reigns supreme. So, applying caution while smeering our balls in woolfat seems like good strategy.

But the whole point of supplementing upstream hormones in physiological doses is not to dictate the body, but to give it options. Dictating becomes an issue with shutdown etc. A more efficient liver might simply be the result of more positive hormones or that the body has enough stored.

How would you guys describe the feeling of a too high dose here?
Concerning lanolin ,mostly hypoglycemia . Possibly too much in the sense of too high DHT ,but that's more subjective, since I dont want to intimidate people . I'm not even sure if its DHT . Just feels similar to DHT and androsterone.

Art1h_

Concerning lanolin ,mostly hypoglycemia . Possibly too much in the sense of too high DHT ,but that's more subjective, since I dont want to intimidate people . I'm not even sure if its DHT . Just feels similar to DHT and androsterone.
@Mauritio where do you buy your lanolin?

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

Steed

It seems like we have very similar experiences. Lets see how it settles in.

Ascending

is there any point of applying lanolin to the scrotum if I can't sunbathe it? Winter is starting where I live so the sun is blocked by the clouds most of the time and I do not want to purchase lanolin for no reason.

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

is there any point of applying lanolin to the scrotum if I can't sunbathe it? Winter is starting where I live so the sun is blocked by the clouds most of the time and I do not want to purchase lanolin for no reason.
Did you even read this thread? :D of course this works without sun . I've never once done this with sun .

miquelangeles

Yes. It would provide cholesterol precursors to the testicles, which are one of the limiting factors in steroidogenesis.
I wouldn't sunbathe with lanolin applied on the scrotum, too much of it would convert into vitamin D and absorb locally.
You can apply lanolin on your upper body and sunbathe if you want a boost of vit D, but I don't think it's safe on the scrotum.

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

Anybody tried this ?
I'm thinking about experimenting with the bulbrite incandescent lamp, that peat recommends . Just a few seconds should be enough. Theoretically it should increase local conversion of cholesterol to steroids. And the gonads have some of the highest expression of steriodigenic enzymes.
So putting some lanolin (high in cholesterol) on you balks and then shining some light on it for like 5 seconds might be a good combo ...

Have you tried it?

miquelangeles

Anybody tried this ?

It works without lanolin too. If you try the experiment you should use a directional light otherwise your results will be confounded by other parts of your body being exposed to the light (eyes, brain/head, torso). Light therapy is VERY powerful.
Also, I don't like lanolin any more. It has a too strong effect on me and I think some of its compounds have a direct hormonal effect themselves, before any conversion takes place.
I find iberian pig lard much better, or any lard from pasture raised pigs. Wild boar lard should be interesting too.
Cholesterol is the main sterol in both lard and tallow and it is highest in lard. (0.37–0.42% in lard, 0.08–0.14% in beef tallow, and 0.23–0.31% in mutton tallow).
In traditional cultures like India, lard has been used by men topically in combination with garlic juice.
It is best if the pig is male and not castrated. That's why wild boar lard should be better but there's no way to know the gender unless you hunt it yourself and render the fat. Testosterone esters accumulate in fat. In the fat of rats for example, testosterone averages 9 ng/g. Fat from female rats or castrated mal rats has no detectable testosterone.

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

It works without lanolin too. If you try the experiment you should use a directional light otherwise your results will be confounded by other parts of your body being exposed to the light (eyes, brain/head, torso). Light therapy is VERY powerful.
Also, I don't like lanolin any more. It has a too strong effect on me and I think some of its compounds have a direct hormonal effect themselves, before any conversion takes place.
I find iberian pig lard much better, or any lard from pasture raised pigs. Wild boar lard should be interesting too.
Cholesterol is the main sterol in both lard and tallow and it is highest in lard. (0.37–0.42% in lard, 0.08–0.14% in beef tallow, and 0.23–0.31% in mutton tallow).
In traditional cultures like India, lard has been used by men topically in combination with garlic juice.
It is best if the pig is male and not castrated. That's why wild boar lard should be better but there's no way to know the gender unless you hunt it yourself and render the fat. Testosterone esters accumulate in fat. In the fat of rats for example, testosterone averages 9 ng/g. Fat from female rats or castrated mal rats has no detectable testosterone.
Yes I felt pretty androgenic today from just a few seconds the balls . Actually reminded me of lanolin on balls. The synergy might be crazy :D

Do you notice any hormoral benefits from these other fats ?

miquelangeles

Yes I felt pretty androgenic today from just a few seconds the balls . Actually reminded me of lanolin on balls. The synergy might be crazy :D

Do you notice any hormoral benefits from these other fats ?
Yes better than with lanolin.
I use iberian pig lard and free range pig lard as my main added fats.
Unfortunately I have some kind of olive oil allergy, it gives me a cough and runny nose. Must be the polyphenols.

See sci-hub.se/10.1055/s-2008-1046800 re: iberian pig lard.

A subsequent study found that dietary fatty acid composition affected aminopeptidase A activity in the testes of mice, suggesting a role for fatty acids in male reproductive functions, including androgen synthesis [5] . It was recently observed that a diet enriched with Iberian pig lard remarkably increased serum testosterone levels in comparison to diets containing other types of fatty acids with different degrees of saturation [6] . This and other studies suggested an influence of gonadal steroids and cholesterol on angiotensin-degrading activities [7] . Other actions of gonadal steroids by nongenomic-dependent mechanisms have been reported, such as stimulation of insulin secretion and Ca 2 + uptake as well as vasodilatory effects [8, 9] . In the present report we analyze the effect of various diets enriched in fatty acids with different degrees of saturation on systolic blood pressure, plasma levels of testosterone, total cholesterol, HDL cholesterol, LDL cholesterol, and angiotensin II – degrading activity.

iberian-pig-lard-t.jpg

S Sesame oil, SF Sunflower oil, F Fish oil, O Olive oil, L Iberian pig lard, C Coconut oil

miquelangeles

Bulbrite 250BR40H
Looks good. I prefer the clear glass classic ones.
The glass texture or coating will change the spectrum and possibly its effects as well. (Not necessarily in a negative way, could be positive too).
I've done a lot of experimentation and it's powerful stuff. I kinda overdid it and I've had some nasty experiences.
Seemed like a hormonal fck up, gave me erratic heart beat, hyperthyroid and all kinds of scary symptoms. I'd go to bed and fall asleep as usual, then wake up after 1 hr with all the symptoms and unable to sleep till daylight came.
Causing phase shifts in the circadian rhythms is VERY easy with bright light.
I collected a lot of interesting research on light therapy both old and new. I will share some interesting extracts when I get a chance.
What is interesting is that I never got this kind of side effects even when staying excessively in bright hot sunlight.
It could be the electric fields from the incandescent bulbs at close distance causing some side effects as well.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals