The Single Most Effective Change That Boosted Your Thyroid

GreekDemiGod

Title idea. Please write the single most effective supplement, change, measure you did that dramatically impacted your metabolism / thyroid for good in the long term.
The idea is that one would try all the stuff listed here, one by one, until they hit the magic thing and achieve perfect health.
We know that different people have different states of health. However, you must get lucky somehow.

Title idea. Please write the single most effective supplement, change, measure you did that dramatically impacted your metabolism / thyroid for good in the long term.
The idea is that one would try all the stuff listed here, one by one, until they hit the magic thing and achieve perfect health.
We know that different people have different states of health. However, you must get lucky somehow.

Good metabolic Health impact was Mg supplementation as citrate 500mg/d,Vitamin D cured me from recurrent sore throat,atleast 5000IU to 10000IU,and general Multi-B-complex higher dosed,but just higher,not B50-style.I read about iodine and its losses from iodinized Salt and losses via sweat.Europe has Iodine depleted soil via historic events,Maybe we should aim for 500 to 800µg of I from all sources.Oh,and avoiding overexertion.training only up to simple failure,and not more than 2 sets for a musclegroup.this is good advice.

mrchibbs

Long walks in nature during the day.

Good for many reasons obviously.

But at core, anything which lowers stress will help conversion of T4 into T3.

Wilfrid

Lately, a low morning dose of hydrocortisone (around 1,25 mg) has made a net improve feeling of resilience, fatigue and stamina.

OP
G

GreekDemiGod

Adding carbs back into my diet. Haven‘t achieved great health yet tho
Reintroducing carbs back into my diet after Carnivore felt like a blessing at start. My hair instantly regained in thickness.
Saw diminishing returns as months went by.

TheCalciumCad

Eating consistently throughout the day so I don't ignite the stress hormone release and eating enough food in general......consistently.

Getting plenty of sun, dropping pufas, stimulating environments, time in nature, avoiding stress and negative people, improving digestion.
But most importantly - putting a picture of Ray Peat in my toilet - gave me extra 30% free T3. :D

Aymen

sunlight, mainly for vitamin D, it improves my digestion and make me drink 1liter of milk at once without getting cold and without having the urge to urinate many times.
coffee, high carbs and calories surplus.
< 4g PUFAs a day.

JKX

Sunbathing in a well fed state, tocovit, aspirin, progesterone.

TheCalciumCad

But this is bad for digestive health...
Maybe If you're compulsively eating outside of appetite and eating things that were hard to digest it could be. I eat when I'm hungry and at least 50% of my cal are liquid anyway. My digestion has significantly improved vs when I was fasting and under-eating everyday pre-peat.

M

metabolizm

There's no magic bullet here, but anything which lowers your stress contributes to improved thyroid function, so you should consider eliminating anything which is obstructing this, whether it's a relationship, a job, something you're eating, a lack of sunlight, or a pent-up emotion. As long as there is stress, thyroid function (among other things) will be impaired.

Unfortunately it's impossible to be 100% stress-free, at least permanently.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jennifer

Aside from practicing self-love/self-acceptance, the most effective change for boosting my thyroid so far has been the addition of NDT (WP Thyroid) and pairing salted gelatinous protein (for me, shellfish and marine collagen) with freshly pressed juice at every meal. I experienced benefits from raw fruitarianism and carnivore (honey and dairy free), but didn't experience both high temps and warm extremities until I combined the two diets -- I now consistently wake with 98.6° (37°) temps that rise to 99°+ (37.22°+) during the day, with toasty extremities. :)

Last edited:
OP
G

GreekDemiGod

At times, I'll get this insatiable thirst and craving to chug down a lot of OJ or apple juice. My cells must be craving the fruit sugar badly.

OP
G

GreekDemiGod

Aside from practicing self-love/self-acceptance, the most effective change for boosting my thyroid so far has been the addition of NDT (WP Thyroid) and pairing salted gelatinous protein (for me, shellfish and marine collagen) with freshly pressed juice at every meal. I experienced benefits from raw fruitarianism and carnivore (honey and dairy free), but didn't experience both high temps and warm extremities until I combined the two diets -- I now consistently wake with 98.6° (37°) temps that rise to 99°+ (37.22°+) during the day, with toasty extremities. :)
I might have to try an NDT product.
Where do you get your Calcium from?