The Single Most Effective Change That Boosted Your Thyroid

sweetpeat

Lately, a low morning dose of hydrocortisone (around 1,25 mg) has made a net improve feeling of resilience, fatigue and stamina.
Now that it's been a few months, do you still find that dose to be effective or have you had to make adjustments?
Also, what led you to try hydrocortisone?

Wilfrid

Now that it's been a few months, do you still find that dose to be effective or have you had to make adjustments?
Also, what led you to try hydrocortisone?
Yes, and I increased the dose since the end of August. During the lockdown period, I start re-reading deeply about Endobiogeny and its corollary: BoF (acronym for Biology of Function.). Back to 2007, I briefly consulted with a M.D formed at this practice (Dr Thierry Telphon in Paris.) but the consultation were pricey and I moved to the South shortly after.
So I started to re-examine all of the blood test that I’ve done recently, as well as those made during the last 15 years (I was under strict medical supervision due to an aggressive and perforating form of Crohn’s disease).
And one thing was very constant: eosinophilia. I didn’t connect the dots at this time until I searched and read more about it and finally made the connection between ACTH, cortisol mobilisation and eosinophils. In 2011, thanks to some very helpful advices of RP, I started to feel really better and was on my way to a full remission state (which I managed to achieve up to nowadays) however something physically and mentally was clearly missing. I was still suffering from low resilience, bout of unexplained fatigue, irritability as well as some short-time episodes of anxiety.
I start taking thyroid supplementation in March 2011 (and I’m still currently using it) and include HC only recently.
But the last few weeks some interesting things came up: a dry scaly patch on my left elbow, that I got since the last 5-6 years, has completely disappeared, then the outer third of my left eyebrows grew back significantly (I never had this physical sign with my right one though) as well. And the most important thing: my resilience improved tremendously. My wife, my daughter as well as my close relatives have noticed the change. I didn’t pay attention to it but then I came to realise that it was true. My attitude while driving, my interaction with people, my patience, my fatigue, my mood, my tolerance to noises ect all of those parameters dramatically improved. I lost my job in March and then my father in June and even if it was a really hard time, I went through surprisingly fine.
So, I decided to make a blood test again (mid September) as to confirm if my subjective feelings could corroborate any improvement, or changes, on my eosinophils count. The only blood marker that was lately bothering me.
And for the first time in my clinical examination history, my long time eosinophilia has normalised. My subjective wellbeing was finally confirmed by the normalisation of my eosinophilia.
I am now certain that the HC drastically improve my metabolism and my thyroid function. And this means as a correlation that my blood sugar has probably and significantly improved as well.
I am currently taking around 3,75 mg of HC. Splitting the dose: 2,5 mg at the end of my breakfast and then 1,25 mg at the end of my lunch. Not really an insane dose for a guy like me (2 meters and 92 kilos).

Last edited:

sweetpeat

Yes, and I increased the dose since the end of August. During the lockdown period, I start re-reading deeply about Endobiogeny and its corollary: BoF (acronym for Biology of Function.). Back to 2007, I briefly consulted with a M.D formed at this practice (Dr Thierry Telphon in Paris.) but the consultation were pricey and I moved to the South shortly after.
So I started to re-examine all of the blood test that I’ve done recently, as well as those made during the last 15 years (I was under strict medical supervision due to an aggressive and perforating form of Crohn’s disease).
And one thing was very constant: eosinophilia. I didn’t connect the dots at this time until I searched and read more about it and finally made the connection between ACTH, cortisol mobilisation and eosinophils. In 2011, thanks to some very helpful advices of RP, I started to feel really better and was on my way to a full remission state (which I managed to achieve up to nowadays) however something physically and mentally was clearly missing. I was still suffering from low resilience, bout of unexplained fatigue, irritability as well as some short-time episodes of anxiety.
I start taking thyroid supplementation in March 2011 (and I’m still currently using it) and include HC only recently.
But the last few weeks some interesting things came up: a dry scaly patch on my left elbow, that I got since the last 5-6 years, has completely disappeared, then the outer third of my left eyebrows grew back significantly (I never had this physical sign with my right one though) as well. And the most important thing: my resilience improved tremendously. My wife, my daughter as well as my close relatives have noticed the change. I didn’t pay attention to it but then I came to realise that it was true. My attitude while driving, my interaction with people, my patience, my fatigue, my mood, my tolerance to noises ect all of those parameters dramatically improved. I lost my job in March and then my father in June and even if it was a really hard time, I went through surprisingly fine.
So, I decided to make a blood test again (mid September) as to confirm if my subjective feelings could corroborate any improvement, or changes, on my eosinophils count. The only blood marker that was lately bothering me.
And for the first time in my clinical examination history, my long time eosinophilia has normalised. My subjective wellbeing was finally confirmed by the normalisation of my eosinophilia.
I am now certain that the HC drastically improve my metabolism and my thyroid function. And this means as a correlation that my blood sugar has probably and significantly improved as well.
I am currently taking around 3,75 mg of HC. Splitting the dose: 2,5 mg at the end of my breakfast and then 1,25 mg at the end of my lunch. Not really an insane dose for a guy like me (2 meters and 92 kilos).
Very interesting! Thanks for sharing. It's amazing such a small dose can have such a profound effect. Was the eosinophilia the only lab indication you had that there was a problem with cortisol?

Wilfrid

Very interesting! Thanks for sharing. It's amazing such a small dose can have such a profound effect. Was the eosinophilia the only lab indication you had that there was a problem with cortisol?
Yes, because despite years on prednisone therapy for controlling my Crohn’s inflammation, docs have never performed any basic thoroughly cortisol testing.
And is not widespread knowledge that cortisol function can be measured efficiently and accurately with eosinophils rather than going through habitual cortisol testing.
The other clinical indice was a slightly elevated TSH and a high FT3 levels. The TSH normalised somewhat when I start on thyroid hormones but my FT3 were still slightly elevated. This pattern is, I think, another hint about cortisol insufficiency.

Last edited:

jet9

high calories
I always forget that half the forum is on thyroid. This might be responsible for all the dissonance. It is not reasonable to compare oneself to those supplementing
What are your main sources of calories?
So many versions of ray peat diet (high dairy no starch, high fruit higher fat not starch, high starch, etc)

jet9

Eating >3500 calories of nutritious low PUFA foods everyday for 2-3 years was the main thing for me; T3/T4 helped too when I was at my lowest but after some time it actually hindered my progress and everything got more "stable" (mood, energy, temp...) after I stopped taking them.
What are your main sources of calories?
So many versions of ray peat diet (high dairy no starch, high fruit higher fat not starch, high starch, etc)

youngsinatra

Magnesium supplementation. (between 5-10mg/kg of bodyweight; individualized to bowel tolerance)
Regular grass-fed beef liver consumption. (1 to 2 oz. a day)
Full body sun bathing, if possible.
Animal-based nutrition + enough easily digested carbs. (like basmati rice, sweet fruit juices and/or tubers)
Sufficient iodine intake and salting to taste.
Taking care of your GI tract. (I personally do best with cooked mushrooms and not so great with the raw carrot salad)
Having a fun and enjoyable life is hugely important - the best nutrition and supplementation regimen cannot compensate for a miserable and stressful environment.

reaching

Drinking warm milk instead of cold from the fridge.

I just love an **** cold glass of milk. Like I’m craving it just thinking about it right now. Haha

but anytime I indulge, I punished digestively and I get colder.

GorillaHead

can we sum up everything on this thread. So thyroid supplementation. Reducing cortisol and getting carbs are the best way to improve thyroid. I suspect my thyroid can perform better and is slightly hypo even tho my tsh is below 2. But i remember baseline my tsh was .9.

debating if i should take thyroid but not sure what exactly to take and how much. Obviously if i can improve naturally i will.

lots of people say the sun helps. Its interesting since the summer started i no longe have cold feet. Or cold anything for that matter. Perhaps heat itself influences thyroid?

sweetpeat

can we sum up everything on this thread. So thyroid supplementation. Reducing cortisol and getting carbs are the best way to improve thyroid. I suspect my thyroid can perform better and is slightly hypo even tho my tsh is below 2. But i remember baseline my tsh was .9.

debating if i should take thyroid but not sure what exactly to take and how much. Obviously if i can improve naturally i will.

lots of people say the sun helps. Its interesting since the summer started i no longe have cold feet. Or cold anything for that matter. Perhaps heat itself influences thyroid?
The warmer temps as well as longer daylight hours mean your thyroid doesn't have to work as hard. I take thyroid and am able to lower the dose in the summer. I've read Peat and Danny Roddy do the same, as well as others on the forum.

Sefton10

This has been my experience the last month especially. Much more energy, warmer extremities, exercise tolerance has been much improved, can go longer between meals, niggly skin issues disappeared. l’ve got some T3 on order with a view to potentially using once autumn/winter comes back around to try and keep the summer feeling going.

How often do you take t3 and at what dose?

I am taking Cynoplus 120mcg T4 and 30mcg of T3

I take 1 - 2 per day total, depending on the season and how I feel and my temperatures. I nibble on the pill throughout the day.

x30001

I am taking Cynoplus 120mcg T4 and 30mcg of T3

I take 1 - 2 per day total, depending on the season and how I feel and my temperatures. I nibble on the pill throughout the day.
Appreciate the reply man. Following your posts and they’ve been super informative

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals