The Single Most Effective Change That Boosted Your Thyroid

Dr. B

This has been my experience the last month especially. Much more energy, warmer extremities, exercise tolerance has been much improved, can go longer between meals, niggly skin issues disappeared. l’ve got some T3 on order with a view to potentially using once autumn/winter comes back around to try and keep the summer feeling going.
how do you know if the going longer between meals is a good thing, isnt that a function of cortisol? when i was at my healthiest i had a strong appetite and would need to take in lots of protein and some carbs/fats. when my metabolism got slower i could go like 8 hours between meals and not have much trouble.
T3 usage actually caused an increase in hair shedding and weight gain for me, and seemed to burn up some muscle tissue. with animal thyroid gland i dont notice much positive or negative, just slightly improved energy, digestion, maybe temps.

Dr. B

I would say giving up all grains helped with digestive symptoms. I guess some of the biggest changes were stopping all fluoridated tap water and switching to bottled water and orange juice, coconut water, more milk. switching from a basic non organic milk to a 100% grass fed, 100% A2, organic non homogenized milk. each minor tweak provides some benefits. reducing the types of supplements used.

baccheion

how do you know if the going longer between meals is a good thing, isnt that a function of cortisol? when i was at my healthiest i had a strong appetite and would need to take in lots of protein and some carbs/fats. when my metabolism got slower i could go like 8 hours between meals and not have much trouble.
T3 usage actually caused an increase in hair shedding and weight gain for me, and seemed to burn up some muscle tissue. with animal thyroid gland i dont notice much positive or negative, just slightly improved energy, digestion, maybe temps.
Any DHEA?

Dr. B

Any DHEA?
the 5mg dosages caused estrogenic symptoms, but boosted energy levels noticeably, and probably boosted temps too. it seemed they do have that pancreas regenerative effect.
7 keto dhea, i got the chance to use 100mg daily for a month and it caused hair loss, weight gain. 10 pounds, probably mostly fat.
the doses in cortinon, the 3mg progesterone 1mg dhea seem fine, taken once or twice a day.

Sefton10

No way I could go 8 hours, I’m talking going from 90 mins or 2 hours to 3-4 hours. I don’t feel like constant ravenous hunger is a good thing.

David90

Title idea. Please write the single most effective supplement, change, measure you did that dramatically impacted your metabolism / thyroid for good in the long term.
The idea is that one would try all the stuff listed here, one by one, until they hit the magic thing and achieve perfect health.
We know that different people have different states of health. However, you must get lucky somehow.
Adding more Carbs into the Diet (Especially more Sucrose & Fructose).

Having experimented with many of the supplements discussed in here, including thyroid. Amazingly I am finding the single thing most powerful thing that is consistently boosting my temps/heart rate (I haven't done any tests) is consuming well cooked white rice with every meal. At first I thought it may be similar to what I have other people have discussed saying immediately after they have huge increases in temps after consuming starch but my waking temps are on the up too.

youngsinatra

A simple and sensible diet, a few quality supplements (vitamin D3, K2, A, magnesium, thiamin, niacinamide), keeping the liver clean with whole eggs (choline) and plenty of coffee. Eating enough calories is very important and the power of calories should not be underestimated, especially if you are on a starch-free diet. I find it too hard to get in sufficient calories that way, so I heavily rely on basmati rice as a source of calories. I don't like drinking a ton of sugary liquid a day, which seems to interfere with digestion and electrolytes and so on. But maybe just upping calories to 3-4'000 calories seem to fix a lot of things in my experience, especially after a stressful period.

OP
G

GreekDemiGod

Dr. B

A simple and sensible diet, a few quality supplements (vitamin D3, K2, A, magnesium, thiamin, niacinamide), keeping the liver clean with whole eggs (choline) and plenty of coffee. Eating enough calories is very important and the power of calories should not be underestimated, especially if you are on a starch-free diet. I find it too hard to get in sufficient calories that way, so I heavily rely on basmati rice as a source of calories. I don't like drinking a ton of sugary liquid a day, which seems to interfere with digestion and electrolytes and so on. But maybe just upping calories to 3-4'000 calories seem to fix a lot of things in my experience, especially after a stressful period.
Is some of that quoted from Ray?
Also ground beef, milk and dairy protein should also cover choline?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals