The Safest, Least Irritating PUFA Food?

Josh

I know this is completely an anti peat post and I’ve posted something similar before but just double checking here, after having skin issues since eating low low pufa I’m going to try adding it back in.. I don’t want to hear the dangers of it Or what ever I’ve been here for 3 years and I’ve seen enough and would never thought I’d ever be asking these questions! Being as scared of pufa as I have been the last 3 years.. I’ve spoke to a lot of people who’ve had the same experience with pufa restriction (check my dry skin cause thread), maybe in some of us we have more of a requirement for skin health..

Anyway, the ‘safest’ pufa source I am looking for what would you guys say is the least gut irritating etc?, I did ask about sunflower seeds but I’ve been told a good quality pufa oil would be better as the toxins are removed etc..

Is this true? If so what are things I should be looking for when buying high quality pufa oil (sunflower oil) for example.. cold pressed etc etc?? Or if anyone has any direct links to uk products.
Or should I stick to something like sunflower seeds?

redsun

I know this is completely an anti peat post and I’ve posted something similar before but just double checking here, after having skin issues since eating low low pufa I’m going to try adding it back in.. I don’t want to hear the dangers of it Or what ever I’ve been here for 3 years and I’ve seen enough and would never thought I’d ever be asking these questions! Being as scared of pufa as I have been the last 3 years.. I’ve spoke to a lot of people who’ve had the same experience with pufa restriction (check my dry skin cause thread), maybe in some of us we have more of a requirement for skin health..

Anyway, the ‘safest’ pufa source I am looking for what would you guys say is the least gut irritating etc?, I did ask about sunflower seeds but I’ve been told a good quality pufa oil would be better as the toxins are removed etc..

Is this true? If so what are things I should be looking for when buying high quality pufa oil (sunflower oil) for example.. cold pressed etc etc?? Or if anyone has any direct links to uk products.
Or should I stick to something like sunflower seeds?

Probably fatty fish. And better quality fish is obviously healthier.

OP
J

Josh

Can’t do eggs as they flare me up, (tried them anyway) also eat liver etc

PaRa

Did you try yolks only ? Egg whites are somehow allergenics/not well tolerated for many people

Jennifer

For me, the least irritating sources of PUFA are fruit (avocado and raw olives) and seafood.

postman

PUFAs themselvs are irritating to the stomach.

Your skin issues might be because of vitamin A overload, Ray Peat's food recommendations contain tons of vitamin A.

Anyways vegetable oils aren't exactly expensive, if you want a purified product buy the most light coloured (transparent) sunflower oil and consume that and see how you feel. Or, if you want a "balanced omega 3-6 ratio", get fish oil.