The Safest But Effective Dose Of BCAA?

Astolfo

I will start taking BCAA daily as I have some serious problems. What's the safest and effective dose for chronic usage? I also won't take L-tyrosine or something (i don't have money) so it must be low enough to not make me starve from dopamine and cause a damage. Thanks for all replies :help

I also have one more minor question. I saw from a study that it oversensitizes some neurons and may cause ALS in some cases, is it true or bogus?

GutFeeling

Why bcaa? If you tell the issue and your location then maybe someone will be able to find something cheap and effective...

Meats in general have alot of bcaa, sometimes cheaper than the supplement itself, and usually with good ratios of other aminos.

GutFeeling

Because it works.

Meat does the opposite, ruins my day usually after I eat a small portion, thanks for suggestion anyways.

I just need some answer to the question im asking. What's the minimum, optimally effective and safe dosage for BCAA that could be taken chronically?
Hmmm... :eh:
Bodybuilders have been using huge amounts of bcaa forever without problems...

Depleting Serotonin With BCAA
I Forgot that bcaa reduce the toxic aminos mentioned by Ray...

I think something around 2 to 5 grams would be great. Zinc and B vits in general should balance the dopamine...
Haidut:
"19mg/kg:12mg/kg:12mg/kg (leucine:isoleucine:valine) AND adding tyrosine at the dosage of 14mg/kg. To me this amounts to about taking 3500mg of BCAA and 1500mg tyrosine."
Phenylalanine works better than tyrosine...

Used piping rock vit D in he past and lab test proved that it is legit. If you are concerned about the effect on dopamine I highly suggest using a multivitamin or some amino from this site since they have a reasonable price ... Dopamine is the holy grail after all...

AinmAnseo

Forum Supporter
Astolfo,
Did you ever get more information on how much BCAA one should take in a day?
I think somewhere I saw that haidut talked about 5 g BCAA 3x a day, but it was not clear.
I have the same issue as you - if I eat too much red meat, I feel terrible.
For me the cutoff is about 3 oz in one meal - more than that, and I feel horrible.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals