THE ROOT OF GRAY HAIR

OP
Rinse & rePeat
Sadly not for me. I found the green can activates my IBS.

I did not do well on it either until someone on this forum recently told me that it has to be fully dissolved in hot water. I added the sugar and salt for extra good measure and it has been going much better the last couple of weeks.

Birdie

I did not do well on it either until someone on this forum recently told me that it has to be fully dissolved in hot water. I added the sugar and salt for extra good measure and it has been going much better the last couple of weeks.
Oh, I tried everything before I discovered it isn't good for some people with sensitive stomachs or IBS. Just wanted to warn anybody that might go through what I did.

Birdie

;)

OP
Rinse & rePeat
I think Ray has mentioned problems with MSM though.

He mentioned that MSM is precarious because there is no way to know if it has heavy metals or impurities, like vitamin C. For me it is a better route than taking Claratin because, after two years of taking it, I started having heart pain, which I discovered is on the company's list of health risks. I make sure I take my MSM, which is only occasionally, with milk in case there is any heavy metals.

mm33

Forum Supporter
I sure hope ot helps your wife. Has your wife tried MSM? I had some arthritis in my 40's, just in 3 fingers, and MSM really squashed it. I caught it early on and that may have made a difference.
Yes. i gave it to her about a year ago. Her RA has gotten a lot better but when we/she travels she tends not to take her supplements and then it'll flair up.
Unfortunately i couldn't get to the store today so hopefully tomorrow I can get the nettle root. I'm anxious to start using it.

YamnayaMommy

When I tried eliminating egg whites, I was thwarted. My husband noticed and was horrified over the waste. So, he started using my egg whites in addition to his own. I had to give it up. I used to throw one or two down the drain, and then proceed. Now he has taken over the egg cooking. But there are other places, in recipes where one can eliminate a white here and there. :):
That’s hilarious. I can totally see my husband doing that *if he knew.*

Interestingly, one of my sons cannot eat the whites—they make him gag!—but eats yolks fine.

I feel totally justified in discarding the whites when making Mayo. I get my kids to eat smoked oysters by adding them into tuna salad with Mayo made with yolks, olive oil, coconut oil, and vinegar, and sugar. It’s very good and I don’t see the problem with white tuna meat, especially for growing children.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
That’s hilarious. I can totally see my husband doing that *if he knew.*

Interestingly, one of my sons cannot eat the whites—they make him gag!—but eats yolks fine.

I feel totally justified in discarding the whites when making Mayo. I get my kids to eat smoked oysters by adding them into tuna salad with Mayo made with yolks, olive oil, coconut oil, and vinegar, and sugar. It’s very good and I don’t see the problem with white tuna meat, especially for growing children.

Wow! I am imressed with your oyster sneak and mayo making abilities! I have had very little luck making mayo. I think I am too impatient to wait for the egg to come to room temperature and I add the oil too quickly. I had luck one time when I used the whole egg, but not with just the yolk. Do you use the hardened or liquid coconut oil. I used liquid with no luck, but haven't tried the hardened oil.. Do you use a wire whisk, blender or an hand emulsion blender? I have tried all three.

OP
Rinse & rePeat

YamnayaMommy

Wow! I am imressed with your oyster sneak and mayo making abilities! I have had very little luck making mayo. I think I am too impatient to wait for the egg to come to room temperature and I add the oil too quickly. I had luck one time when I used the whole egg, but not with just the yolk. Do you use the hardened or liquid coconut oil. I used liquid with no luck, but haven't tried the hardened oil.. Do you use a wire whisk, blender or an hand emulsion blender? I have tried all three.
I don't wait for the egg to come to room temperature. I put 2-3 yolks in a glass bowl, and whisk (wire whisk, and I've even done it with a FORK) in gradually olive oil and then warmed (liquid) coconut oil, then salt, vinegar, etc. I have used, for the acid, lemon juice and balsamic vinegar. But I always have a jug of distilled white vinegar on hand and usually use that. I've also made spicy mayo by adding tabasco.

I go for emulsification rather than the "pudding" consistency of store-bought mayo. It's usually more liquid than I would like, but it doesn't matter once you've mixed it into the tuna and oysters. I WOULD like to figure out how to make an mayo, or aioli, with the right consistency. But I have not managed it yet.

This is always a HUGE hit with the kids. Today at lunch I made a largish batch with three cans of tuna, one tin of oysters, and mayo made with three yolks and a third of a cup of oil, and there were no leftovers.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
I managed a garlic aioli with a whisk a couple of months ago, but I don't think mine would have went well with tuna, plus my arm was so dang tired. I need to figure out how to lighten it up so it tastes more like white mayo. I think I will take a couple of your ideas like more egg yolks and the warmed solid coconut oil and skip on the olive oil.

Attachments

• 20210715_193302.jpg
    20210715_193302.jpg
    426.7 KB · Views: 28
  • 20210715_190256.jpg
    20210715_190256.jpg
    425.2 KB · Views: 27

Kvothe

JAAD Case Rep. 2018 Jun; 4(5): 486–488.
Repigmentation and new growth of hairs after antieinterleukin-17 therapywith secukinumab for psoriasis
Franco Rongioletti, MD,∗ Cristina Mugheddu, MD, and Severino Murgia, MD

1635030604054.png

74one

JAAD Case Rep. 2018 Jun; 4(5): 486–488.
Repigmentation and new growth of hairs after antieinterleukin-17 therapywith secukinumab for psoriasis
Franco Rongioletti, MD,∗ Cristina Mugheddu, MD, and Severino Murgia, MD

View attachment 29363
It looks like medical fraud to me, obviously dark hair man differ not only by hair color he is actually 20 years younger including muscle mass, skull bones thickness and yet they talking only about hair darkening and completely ignoring all other changes. This was published 3 years ago, if that was real case they would repeat that study like thousand times, are there similar publications?

OP
Rinse & rePeat
"Copper is the crucial element for producing the color in hair and skin, for maintaining the elasticity of skin and blood vessels, for protecting against certain types of free radical, and especially for allowing us to use oxygen properly for the production of biological energy. It is also necessary for the normal functioning of certain nerve cells (substantia nigra) whose degeneration is involved in Parkinson's disease. The shape and texture of hair, as well as its color, can change in a copper deficiency. Too much iron can block our absorption of copper, and too little copper makes us store too much iron. With aging, our tissues lose copper as they store excess iron. Because of those changes, we need more vitamin E as we age." -Ray Peat

"Use shrimp and oysters, etc., to prevent the copper deficiency which leads to excess storage of iron." -Ray Peat

DirtySkeeze

"Copper is the crucial element for producing the color in hair and skin, for maintaining the elasticity of skin and blood vessels, for protecting against certain types of free radical, and especially for allowing us to use oxygen properly for the production of biological energy. It is also necessary for the normal functioning of certain nerve cells (substantia nigra) whose degeneration is involved in Parkinson's disease. The shape and texture of hair, as well as its color, can change in a copper deficiency. Too much iron can block our absorption of copper, and too little copper makes us store too much iron. With aging, our tissues lose copper as they store excess iron. Because of those changes, we need more vitamin E as we age." -Ray Peat

"Use shrimp and oysters, etc., to prevent the copper deficiency which leads to excess storage of iron." -Ray Peat
Someone was saying vitamin c blocks copper absorption. Is this true?

OP
Rinse & rePeat
Someone was saying vitamin c blocks copper absorption. Is this true?

It seems only supplimenting vitamin C, ascorbic acid, depletes copper, maganese, zinc and some calcium. RP has always said supplimenting vitamin C is not recommended because of impurities, but it looks like there are more reasons to avoid supplimenting it.

Kvothe

It looks like medical fraud to me, obviously dark hair man differ not only by hair color he is actually 20 years younger including muscle mass, skull bones thickness and yet they talking only about hair darkening and completely ignoring all other changes. This was published 3 years ago, if that was real case they would repeat that study like thousand times, are there similar publications?

The paper mentions that the flare of plaque psoriasis lead to significant weight loss in the patient, and that he regained the weight at the same time his hair and skin improved. Similarly striking results are decribed in other papers with other drugs or diseases. Recently, I read an old case study from an issue of the BMJ from 1954. A 46 year old woman with undiagnosed cellias disease regained almost all her original color when put on a gluten-free diet. I can't see any grounds for suspecting medical fraud.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
The paper mentions that the flare of plaque psoriasis lead to significant weight loss in the patient, and that he regained the weight at the same time his hair and skin improved. Similarly striking results are decribed in other papers with other drugs or diseases. Recently, I read an old case study from an issue of the BMJ from 1954. A 46 year old woman with undiagnosed cellias disease regained almost all her original color when put on a gluten-free diet. I can't see any grounds for suspecting medical fraud.

Aha! That is what I think helped my hair color to reverse, when I gave up grains 7 years ago AND upped my nettle.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals