THE ROOT OF GRAY HAIR

mm33

Forum Supporter
I am happy to hear you enjoy my ramblings about whatever! I use this brand and follow the directions. Later after taking it for awhile I discovered nettle makes a good antihistamine too. It got me off Claratin.
Thanks so much! I take Alegra for allergies - i think i'm allergic to mold so would be great to have a natural solution.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
"Does nettle root increase testosterone?

INCREASES FREE TESTOSTERONE: Stinging Nettle Root Extract contains compounds that bind to sex hormone binding globulin (SHBG), leading to increased levels of free testosterone for improved sexual health, performance, and easier muscle building."

OP
Rinse & rePeat
"Nettle has historically been used to treat pain and sore muscles, especially related to arthritis. The Arthritis Foundation suggests that nettle tea may also reduce the inflammation and pain association with osteoarthritis."

OP
Rinse & rePeat
"Nettle has shown some promising effects on blood glucose levels. It may help the pancreas make or release more insulin, the hormone that lowers blood sugar.

In a 2013 studyTrusted Source, nettle leaf extract lowered blood glucose and A1C in a group of people with type 2 diabetes who were taking insulin as well as oral diabetes medications."

mm33

Forum Supporter
MSM is food for allergies too!
Thanks so much again for starting this thread!! I've heard/read about stinging nettle root for years but never thought of taking it but now think it would be good to take also for my wife who has RA. I do take msm most days as I've read about its benefits a couple of years ago but I still get allergies at certain times of year. I try not to take allegra often as I really don't take any drugs other than aspirin. Thanks again.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
Thanks so much again for starting this thread!! I've heard/read about stinging nettle root for years but never thought of taking it but now think it would be good to take also for my wife who has RA. I do take msm most days as I've read about its benefits a couple of years ago but I still get allergies at certain times of year. I try not to take allegra often as I really don't take any drugs other than aspirin. Thanks again.

I am anxious to hear if nettle helps your allergies. Please report back okay?

YamnayaMommy

The green can does not bloom and is more for easy dissolving. I usually put sugar and salt in it along with the boiling water to keep histamines from rising. About those marshmallows, they are starch free and are a good sweet snack on or to drop into hot coffee. I roll them in homemade starch free powdered sugar and other various toppings. I get a lot of
attention from children and adults bringing a plate of them to potlucks. I have had some adjusting to do getting this original recipe perfect, but here is my recipe for them!
Thank you for this revised recipe. It's a great idea. I am going to try to make a Halloween version of these for the parties next week.

YamnayaMommy

I love your sense of adventure with your food Yamnaya! I am the same way! I sneak braunschwaeger, which is 40% liver, into my families ground beef tacos, and they love it! I posted the brand of nettle i am using. Nettle is also high in vitamin K1 and I discovered this wonderful benefit....

"Nettle root or nettle leaves are often used to make prostate medication. Nettles contain compounds that act as natural estrogen blockers. Taking supplements can regulate production of the hormone."

Yes, we are kindred spirits in culinary experimentation!

When I was in my twenties, I lived in Italy for a few years and was exposed to a culture that was very supportive of home cooks who knew how to make everything from whole foods. Plus, Italians are fussy about food preparation in way that I now recognize as "peaty"--for example, ALWAYS peeling fruits and vegetables, serving well-cooked greens, snubbing chicken, removing the garlic germ from the clove and only using garlic to flavor the oil, etc.

Birdie

I didn't really have an issue with the egg whites, except that the can make me tired if I don't pair them with honey, and they at times could be bloating. I just took them out learning how high they are in tryptophan. I also know that the egg whites are very high in histamines which can create stress in the body.
When I tried eliminating egg whites, I was thwarted. My husband noticed and was horrified over the waste. So, he started using my egg whites in addition to his own. I had to give it up. I used to throw one or two down the drain, and then proceed. Now he has taken over the egg cooking. But there are other places, in recipes where one can eliminate a white here and there. :):

Last edited:

Birdie

I will add that I, too, went from getting gray back to being blonde. This happened only months into using Ray's ideas.

Jasjeet

i agree about reducing stress and would also add stop using shampoo....i stopped shampoo about a year ago (only wash with water), and not only is my hair in much much better condition, i now have hardly any grey hairs appearing

OP
Rinse & rePeat
When I tried eliminating egg whites, I was thwarted. My husband noticed and was horrified over the waste. So, he started using my egg whites in addition to his own. I had to give it up. I used to throw one or two down the drain, and then proceed. Now he has taken over the egg cooking. But there are other places, in recipes where one can eliminate a white here and there. :):

I made cupcakes for people with some of mine, but I still had too many to use so I recebtly found a home for my whites. One of my girlfriends uses more of the whites than yolks, and said she would use my whites. So i bought some ice cube trays to freeze them for her!

OP
Rinse & rePeat
i agree about reducing stress and would also add stop using shampoo....i stopped shampoo about a year ago (only wash with water), and not only is my hair in much much better condition, i now have hardly any grey hairs appearing

That is a fascinating piece! I wash mine every other day and it looks a lot better. I am gonna really have to consider that.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
Will do. I'll stop at the local health food store tomorrow afternoon and pick some up.

I sure hope ot helps your wife. Has your wife tried MSM? I had some arthritis in my 40's, just in 3 fingers, and MSM really squashed it. I caught it early on and that may have made a difference.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
"Hair graying and reversal are linked to stress levels

In light of these results, we next applied our HPP platform to examine the possibility that psychological stress is associated with hair graying/reversal in humans. Anecdotal case reports suggest that psychological stress and other behavioral factors accelerate the hair graying process31, a notion recently supported by preclinical evidence demonstrating that adrenergic signaling by norepinephrine signaling leads to melanocyte stem cell depletion in mice5. However, contrary to mice where this process is irreversible, our data demonstrates that human hair graying is, at least under some circumstances, reversible. This highlighted a fundamental difference between rodent and human HF biology, calling for a quantitative examination of this process in humans.

As evidence that environmental or behavioral factors influence human hair graying, epidemiological data suggests that smoking and greater perceived life stress is associated with premature graying32. Chronic psychosocial stress also precipitates telomere shortening, DNA methylation-based epigenetic age, as well as other biological age indicators in humans4,33, demonstrating that psychological factors can measurably influence human aging biology. To test the hypothesis that psychosocial or behavioral factors would also influence graying at the single-HF level, we leveraged the fact that HPPs reflect longitudinal records of growth over time (similar to tree rings), which can be aligned with assessments of life stress exposures over the past year. By converting units of hair length into time, perceived stress levels can be quantitatively mapped onto HPPs in both graying and transitional hairs."

OP
Rinse & rePeat
Here is my green can gelatin drink yamnayamommy! The sweet & salty taste is so good! You can add a chamomile tea bag to it or a mint sprig for more depth of flavor!

Attachments

• 20211022_123208.jpg
    20211022_123208.jpg
    406.9 KB · Views: 55

Birdie

Here is my green can gelatin drink yamnayamommy! The sweet & salty taste is so good! You can add a chamomile tea bag to it or a mint sprig for more depth of flavor!
Sadly not for me. I found the green can activates my IBS.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals