THE ROOT OF GRAY HAIR

pondering

The nettle leaf worked right away for me, but not conducting a clean experiment back then, I was cutting out my grain intake too, back then at some point. Even now I take it for a month, start to see results, get busy and forget. Still I don’t eat grains, iron, red meat and other high tryptophan foods so my success keeping grays at bay isn’t just nettle leaf now.
I see. It’s wonderful your strategies are working.

Very cool the nettle worked right away for you. I ordered a bottle and it's arriving today! I am eager to try it. Going to have to take it slow though. I'm unsure about the beta carotene, possible affects on hormones, as well as the histamine aspect. But did see it contains the cofactor minerals for the catalase enzyme.

Edit: I ordered this one off Amazon, which is the one I believe you referenced previously Nature's Way Nettle Leaf

Last edited:
OP
Rinse & rePeat
I see. It’s wonderful your strategies are working.

Very cool the nettle worked right away for you. I ordered a bottle and it's arriving today! I am eager to try it. Going to have to take it slow though. I'm unsure about the beta carotene, possible affects on hormones, as well as the histamine aspect. But did see it contains the cofactor minerals for the catalase enzyme.

Edit: I ordered this one off Amazon, which is the one I believe you referenced previously Nature's Way Nettle Leaf
Yes that is the one I buy @pondering. I just bought heirloom nettle plants yesterday to grow wild. A Greek restaurant owner I know loves sautéed nettles, and says he can only get them when he goes back to Greece. He says the people there eat them fresh liberally, and it grows wild everywhere. He said when he went back there on a recent trip the restaurant didn’t have any fresh nettles to sauté, which they purchase and usually have on hand. This Greek man expressed his disappointment to them, so somebody was sent out back of the restaurant property and found some wild along the fence and they prepared them for him. He said he was so happy, because they are delicious. Those Greek men have a lot testosterone there, with lots of hair and manly looks.

Fresh is always better, and I am happy to have found plants that have not been altered from what nature intended. Drying any herb or fruit makes them more concentrated, and while I was using the full recommended dosage of nettle leaf when I had serious histamine issues, I only take a half dose when I take anything dried nowadays. I believe in too much of a good thing.

Attachments

• F18FCB89-0FBE-4939-8125-97BCEAEFDF80.jpeg
    F18FCB89-0FBE-4939-8125-97BCEAEFDF80.jpeg
    502.7 KB · Views: 20
OP
Rinse & rePeat
You look beautiful! May I please ask you what exactly you are referring to by "nettle?" What is the molecule name? Is it stinging nettle or something else? What brand do you use?
Thank you Brooks! I was using this brand, pictured below, of stinging nettle leaf, not the root. I posted above that I just bought heirloom stinging nettle plants to sauté. Apparently cooking them disarms their stinging leaf edges. I posted a photo above of them.

Attachments

• 0D171060-B8BB-4F4B-8AEE-4CE8ADB5C8EB.jpeg
    0D171060-B8BB-4F4B-8AEE-4CE8ADB5C8EB.jpeg
    360.7 KB · Views: 14
  • ABC09F18-884B-44A7-92FF-C036BD2A4550.jpeg
    ABC09F18-884B-44A7-92FF-C036BD2A4550.jpeg
    350.9 KB · Views: 14

pondering

Yes that is the one I buy @pondering. I just bought heirloom nettle plants yesterday to grow wild. A Greek restaurant owner I know loves sautéed nettles, and says he can only get them when he goes back to Greece. He says the people there eat them fresh liberally, and it grows wild everywhere. He said when he went back there on a recent trip the restaurant didn’t have any fresh nettles to sauté, which they purchase and usually have on hand. This Greek man expressed his disappointment to them, so somebody was sent out back of the restaurant property and found some wild along the fence and they prepared them for him. He said he was so happy, because they are delicious. Those Greek men have a lot testosterone there, with lots of hair and manly looks.

Fresh is always better, and I am happy to have found plants that have not been altered from what nature intended. Drying any herb or fruit makes them more concentrated, and while I was using the full recommended dosage of nettle leaf when I had serious histamine issues, I only take a half dose when I take anything dried nowadays. I believe in too much of a good thing.
Interesting story regarding the Greek restaurant owner. And so glad you posted a picture! It helped me realize Stinging Nettle has been growing wild in a friend’s potted plants alongside the main plant. I accidentally stung myself once or twice, so started snipping off the baby nettle leaves for a time, thinking they were a nuisance. Thankfully the nettle is persistent and still growing. I suppose I could transfer them to their own pot and grow my own. I wonder how many different varieties of Stinging Nettle there are and whether some are better than others.

I hear you about too much of a good thing. Less is definitely more with supplements for me.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
Interesting story regarding the Greek restaurant owner. And so glad you posted a picture! It helped me realize Stinging Nettle has been growing wild in a friend’s potted plants alongside the main plant. I accidentally stung myself once or twice, so started snipping off the baby nettle leaves for a time, thinking they were a nuisance. Thankfully the nettle is persistent and still growing. I suppose I could transfer them to their own pot and grow my own. I wonder how many different varieties of Stinging Nettle there are and whether some are better than others.

I hear you about too much of a good thing. Less is definitely more with supplements for me.
That is interesting that stinging nettle found it’s way into your friend’s pot @pondering. I barely touched a leaf yesterday, watering it, and the pot tipped over, and a leaf touched the inside of my arm when I put it back upright. I felt a slight sting, and not knowing if the sting would intensify, I rubbed a little wet baking soda on the area and it went away after a bit of time. I was nervous even bringing the plants home, my friend who lived in England had told me her story getting stung. So I carefully put them in plastic produce bags. Here is a recipe on how to prepare them…

“Stinging nettles have been used for centuries as food, as a component in traditional medicine, and also as fiber for clothing. Tricky to handle because of their prickly leaves and capacity to cause urticaria rash, stinging nettles are actually a super flavorful green. When cooked properly, their spinach-like flavor is wonderful in soups, pesto sauces, beverages, and many dishes in which you'd otherwise use leafy greens. A brief exposure to high heat tames these prickly vines and transforms them into a flavorful dish of earthy and bright flavors. Serve these simple nettles all on their own, as a side for any protein of your liking, or to top pasta or pizzas for a hit of brilliant green.

Nettles need to be thoroughly cleaned and de-stung before eating. To do this, the easiest method is blanching them in boiling water and rinsing them afterward, squeezing out the water before sautéing them or adding them into soups or stews. By blanching the nettles, they get cleaned and broken down in one fell swoop. If you're foraging nettles yourself, first be absolutely sure what you're foraging are indeed nettles, and secondly don't pick any nettles that grow near busy roads or that have been sprayed with fertilizers or chemicals.

*1 pound stinging nettles
*2 tablespoons olive oil, or any other cooking fat
*Salt, to taste

1. Gather the ingredients

2. To clean the nettles you have 2 options. Wear gloves and swish them around in a large sink or basin filled with cool water. Lift the nettles out, leaving any grit behind, and drain them. Reserve.

3. Alternatively, bring a pot of salted water to a boil and blanch the nettles for 4 minutes. Cool them quickly in a bowl of ice water. Squeeze the nettles as dry as possible before sautéing them.

4. Once your nettles are cleaned or blanched, heat up a large pan over high heat—the wideness of the pan or skillet will help any liquid cook off quickly so the nettles sauté instead of steam. Add the oil or preferred cooking fat.

5. Add the nettles and cook, stirring frequently, until the greens are tender—about 2 minutes for blanched nettles and 5 to 8 for raw nettles. If sautéing raw nettles, make sure to keep the heat high so the liquid they throw off as they cook evaporates quickly.

6. Sprinkle the nettles with salt to taste and serve immediately.“

helpmyhair

This is a long thread. So could someone sum up the info. Sounds like the treatment of Stinging Nettle is the way to fix grey hair. Is that the case? Any Side effects? Could those trying stringing nettle share their results? Also is it good for hairloss?

Anyone using other remedies and finding success?

catan

Following...

How often is nettle consumed?

I found white hair.... I've always thought my regular intake of liver and oysters have warded them off, but perhaps stress is catching up. Also curious about whether nettle can help with thinning hair.

Happycat

This is a long thread. So could someone sum up the info. Sounds like the treatment of Stinging Nettle is the way to fix grey hair. Is that the case? Any Side effects? Could those trying stringing nettle share their results? Also is it good for hairloss?

I would also like to know how many people have tried the stinging nettle successfully for grey hair, if they would like to share.

Jennifer

Like with most things health related, I think it depends on the person. I’ve taken a lot of nettle, to the point of it turning my skin orange, and it has never affected my hair color. The only thing that has is thyroid supplementation in combination with copper-rich animal foods, I believe because I have a history of poor thyroid function as thyroid plays a role in copper metabolism and copper is needed for melanin production. It hasn’t been a quick process but below is one of my hairs after supplementing thyroid for at least a year. Hopefully, you can make out how the color transitions from white at the tip to red and then brown at the new growth:

20221217_080849.jpg

helpmyhair

I have read some anecdotal accounts of people restoring their natural hair colour using Nicotinamide, anyone have experience with it?

Old Irenaeus

Have you been doing anything in particular to reverse your greys?
The @Rinse & rePeat protocol. Stinging nettle, beef liver, oysters, taurine, watermelon. I also made a concoction of aspirin + vinegar + water + some pieces of copper. I put some oil on my hands like coconut oil or beef tallow and mix it with a few drops of said substance and rub it into the beard. On the other hand, I do things that go against the protocol like too much UV light, cigar smoke, too much iron and muscle meat.

helpmyhair

The @Rinse & rePeat protocol. Stinging nettle, beef liver, oysters, taurine, watermelon. I also made a concoction of aspirin + vinegar + water + some pieces of copper. I put some oil on my hands like coconut oil or beef tallow and mix it with a few drops of said substance and rub it into the beard. On the other hand, I do things that go against the protocol like too much UV light, cigar smoke, too much iron and muscle meat.
I've read anecdotal accounts of nettle making hair loss worse..so I am afraid to try. Would rather have grey hair than no hair.

what as helped the most you think?

AlaskaJono

This made me chuckle. It takes a long time to grow gray hair, as in years, like 50+ , so it takes a few minutes (hours?) to read about the reversal of it.... hehehehe.

AlaskaJono

@Rinse & rePeat
Thanks for the recipes... I used to eat nettles when I first moved to Alaska. Just the young tender greens in the Spring/early Summer. I did have a strong reaction to them when hiking in shorts, for me the rash lasts a good 24 hours or more, And it is sun sensitive. Hmmmmm. I bet it grows here Down Under.

Old Irenaeus

I've read anecdotal accounts of nettle making hair loss worse..so I am afraid to try. Would rather have grey hair than no hair.

what as helped the most you think?
The stinging nettle supplement that @Rinse & rePeat recommended was very effective. Seemed to impart a reddish color to my beard. After I used one bottle, I bought Solaray brand with about twice as much nettle per pill (900 mg), but my impression is that it's not as effective. I think regular consumption of beef liver is probably the other biggest factor.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals