THE ROOT OF GRAY HAIR

OP
Rinse & rePeat
Months of shortcuts, eating pizza, quesadillas and croissants has the gray hair coming in again! Time to crack down on myself and go grain free, eat my liver and take my nettle! I will repost my results in a few months :)

Attachments

• 2FC05028-C08C-496B-884A-D288F688B8F5.jpeg
    2FC05028-C08C-496B-884A-D288F688B8F5.jpeg
    827.9 KB · Views: 100
OP
Rinse & rePeat
“In white hair, the amount of tryptophan is higher than in hair of any other color. Although serotonin and tryptophan are very important during rapid growth, their presence in senile tissues is probably closely associated with the processes of decline. The hair loss that occurs in hypothyroidism, postpartum syndrome, and with the use of drugs such as St. John's wort (which can also cause the “serotonin syndrome”) could be another effect of excess serotonin.” -Ray Peat

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“From fighting dandruff to aiding hair growth: 4 glorious things oranges can do your mane!

HELPS FIGHT DANDRUFF

Winter means the return of the dreaded dandruff, but orange can be your go-to solution to beat this issue. Its vitamin C content and strong cleansing properties can help fight stubborn dandruff, relieving you from an itchy scalp. Either, add fresh juice or add the powdered peel to your regular hair oil, and massage it well.”

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“•Mandarin oranges are rich sources of vitamins E and B12. This facilitates proper and healthy growth of hair.

• Slow greying of hair: Oranges are rich in vitamin B12 that makes greying of hair slow down.”

CastorTroy

I've read somewhere that a possible trick to hair melanin production turning back is catalase lotion followed up by uvb light exposure. Anyone tried it?

DeadCatBounce

Chiming in to share my experience reversing a wave of grays. Started having some white hairs on the beard, head and several weird looking ones in the nose coming out very very quickly.

After comments from my SO that I am getting gray suddenly and fast, decided to try Taurine ~3-4 grams per day, Nutritional Yeast 60-70gr ED for B vitamins and young beef Liver EOD about 250gr each time.

In just four/five weeks everything is reversing and there are 50% less whites on the head and almost none on beard. Surprised how quickly it is happening. I am just 34yo though and seems I increased my metabolism too much without the proper micronutriens and deficiencies developed. For some reason I decided to stop the liver for several months which I believe was balancing my 2liters of raw milk per day diet that lacks copper.

Wanted to check my theory about copper and Taurine in a combo before trying the Nettle and it seems to be working. Will continue until 100% black hairs. Next wave of grays will try the Nettle and see how it goes.

NommyWommy

Chiming in to share my experience reversing a wave of grays. Started having some white hairs on the beard, head and several weird looking ones in the nose coming out very very quickly.

After comments from my SO that I am getting gray suddenly and fast, decided to try Taurine ~3-4 grams per day, Nutritional Yeast 60-70gr ED for B vitamins and young beef Liver EOD about 250gr each time.

In just four/five weeks everything is reversing and there are 50% less whites on the head and almost none on beard. Surprised how quickly it is happening. I am just 34yo though and seems I increased my metabolism too much without the proper micronutriens and deficiencies developed. For some reason I decided to stop the liver for several months which I believe was balancing my 2liters of raw milk per day diet that lacks copper.

Wanted to check my theory about copper and Taurine in a combo before trying the Nettle and it seems to be working. Will continue until 100% black hairs. Next wave of grays will try the Nettle and see how it goes.
What is the reasoning for taurine?

DeadCatBounce

What is the reasoning for taurine?

Been researching my mothers ANCA positive vasculitis for quite some time and Taurine seems useful. Pharma companies are currenly developing myeloperoxidase inhibitors to treat autoimmune diseases that have high MPO as the main driver of tissue damage. MPO causes chlorine like substances, OH radicals as well as h2o2 which is involved in grey hair according to some research papers. Taurine seems to act as an antioxidant and stops the damage from the h2o2. It is a natural MPO inhibitor though pfizer and astrazenica don't want people to know that so they can sell them some patented chems in a few years from now. So having a lot of it decided to try it alongside lots of copper and B vits.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
Though I haven’t been taking nettle I did start eating my liver about 6 weeks ago and ditched all the wheat and started eating chocolate heavily in the mornings and it has been paying off! I plucked a gray hair and the root end (on the right side) is growing in softer and with no gray! You can really see how thick and gray it got in the middle where I was heavy on grains and red meat.

Attachments

• 09CBD5BD-47D6-4175-9E75-798ED1DB93AA.png
    09CBD5BD-47D6-4175-9E75-798ED1DB93AA.png
    866.7 KB · Views: 57
  • 0C1FF576-91EC-4565-A0EC-C1B7D4C66541.jpeg
    0C1FF576-91EC-4565-A0EC-C1B7D4C66541.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 59
Last edited:

mrdannyg3

I’m 33 and half grey, special gift handed to me from my father it seems. So I’m a tough case. Let’s see what nettle, liver, and a low tryptophan/meat diet might do. I’ll also add in pansterone (which has DHEA). Will report back

OP
Rinse & rePeat
I’m 33 and half grey, special gift handed to me from my father it seems. So I’m a tough case. Let’s see what nettle, liver, and a low tryptophan/meat diet might do. I’ll also add in pansterone (which has DHEA). Will report back
Thanks for joining the experiment. We will be interested to see how things work for you!

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“Hummus
This delicious Mediterranean dip is a powerhouse for your hair health and can support delaying premature graying.

Chickpeas are incredibly high in folate or vitamin B-9, which is important because a deficiency in B-9 has been associated with early graying. This is because B-9 is important for the production of methionine, an amino acid that's essential for hair color. Folate also helps with the production of DNA and RNA.

Another beneficial ingredient in hummus is tahini, which is an excellent source of copper, containing nearly 30% of your recommended daily value in just one tablespoon. Copper plays a number of crucial roles when it comes to your hair health. It helps your body metabolize iron, supports energy production and supports melanin production. Having enough copper in your diet can ensure that these important processes are preserved as you age.”

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“White or gray hair due to aging (old age) cannot turn black again naturally. In contrast, white hair appears due to bleaching, stress, food, pollution, vitamin deficiency, and other physical influence can turn black again if properly taken care of.”

Birdie

Though I haven’t been taking nettle I did start eating my liver about 6 weeks ago and ditched all the wheat and started eating chocolate heavily in the mornings and it has been paying off! I plucked a gray hair and the root end (on the right side) is growing in softer and with no gray! You can really see how thick and gray it got in the middle where I was heavy on grains and red meat.
I eat chocolate, 2 or 3 squares every morning. I was probably including chocolate back when my hair turned back from gray to blonde. Also liver, oj, Peat stuff. I was surprised when this happened. I had been using this blonde rinse for gray heads, supposed to last 4 shampoos. Then, I realized it wasn't needed anymore and my hair stayed blonde.

Silly but when I visited my sister who used the same rinse I think, I just couldn't tell her I wasn't using it anymore. She was always discovering a new way to eat and I didn't want to get into it. But, she likes Peat now!!

OP
Rinse & rePeat
I eat chocolate, 2 or 3 squares every morning. I was probably including chocolate back when my hair turned back from gray to blonde. Also liver, oj, Peat stuff. I was surprised when this happened. I had been using this blonde rinse for gray heads, supposed to last 4 shampoos. Then, I realized it wasn't needed anymore and my hair stayed blonde.

Silly but when I visited my sister who used the same rinse I think, I just couldn't tell her I wasn't using it anymore. She was always discovering a new way to eat and I didn't want to get into it. But, she likes Peat now!!
What is the rinse?!

Birdie

What is the rinse?!
I saved two bottles! From Sally's it's Color Brilliance semi-permanent hair color.. Neutral Blonde. Probably got it in 2010. Stopped using it 2012. 3 bottles..One says Golden Blonde. There's no date on them.

Birdie

My gray coming in looked something like yours in that photo above where you are blonde with the gray starting.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
My gray coming in looked something like yours in that photo above where you are blonde with the gray starting.
I was shocked when I saw mine coming back. It isn’t noticeable unless a bright light hits it. Probably stress contributed to it finding it’s way back too.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals