Attachments

• 20220227_125747.jpg
    20220227_125747.jpg
    458.9 KB · Views: 23
  • 20220227_125803.jpg
    20220227_125803.jpg
    297.1 KB · Views: 23

L_C

I have created this thread because I get asked a lot about nettle, and how it restored my natural hair color. I have told of my good results, here and there on this forum, but now I want to talk about other factors that may have played a part in my results.

My first hearing about nettle having this magical ability was in my kitchen, overhearing my cousin talking about it. Someone accused him of dying his graying hair black, which he denied, and said nettle had reversed his gray. He said he read about a Chinese man going from totally gray to having naturally black hair again taking nettle. I looked it up and it was true, so I started taking nettle and it worked!

I have had a few advantages that may have given me a headstart. Number one I have never dyed my hair in all of my 58 years. I imagine reviving dead follicles is a bit tougher. First of all our hair has a short life and then it falls out and regenerates new hair. Those new hairs are the ones that have a better chance of growing in again with color. So don't lose hope young graying people! After I had taken the nettle for awhile, I could pull out a gray hair and see inches of new growth with color. Everyone I showed was amazed! The really thick stiff ones did not respond so I just pulled them out as I saw them disrupting my view in the mirror.

Secondly I am a pretty "happy go lucky" person so stress is not graying me in the least. I have seen a person go gray in a couple of years just going through the stress of a divorce. So turn on that happy music for your hair's sake!

Thirdly I am relatively grain free and not heavy on red meat, both of which Ray Peat says accelerates aging. I eat my copper via beef liver, which is also known to restore natural hair color, and get lots of other anti-aging nutrients eating shellfish. Now with that being said, my cousin who restored his natural hair color has always been overweight, eating an ordinary Western diet and his gray reversed in his middle 30's. Considering that, your mileage my vary.

Below are some of the reasons I have read that causes premature graying. I have attached a couple of pics of my hair at 58 years old. The side pic was from last year and the other was from March of this year. I will work on getting a more recent pic.

*Stress

*Anti-nutrients from grains, high iron foods like red meat and fortified cereals

* Dying & bleaching hair

* Protein & other nutritional deficiencies

*Thyroid & other disorders.

*Smoking

*Medications

What is your diet on a daily basis? I find myself struggling to get enough calories if I eat completely Peaty. I already don't eat diary (allergic to it), wheat, grains, obviously Pufa...hence, I feel like it's not enough food left since eating meat on a daily basis is out of question because of iron. Just wondering what your diet looks like. Thank you.

Vins7

Holy cow Ray Peat tells the most interesting stories! The one in this clip about hair growth is a shocker!

View: https://youtu.be/HVajBYaayew

What is your diet on a daily basis? I find myself struggling to get enough calories if I eat completely Peaty. I already don't eat diary (allergic to it), wheat, grains, obviously Pufa...hence, I feel like it's not enough food left since eating meat on a daily basis is out of question because of iron. Just wondering what your diet looks like. Thank you.
I have the same problem.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
Nowadays it is liver tostado about three times a week, nonfat and 2% milk, fresh squeezed orange juice or apple & purple carrot juice, sometimes pineapple juice or fresh mango when they are in season, eggs, cheese, 3 to 4 gelatin/milk/maple syrup coffees, corn & soy free chicken wings, custard and ice cream, artichoke hearts or sometimes bamboo shoots, raw honey, sprouted brown rice cereal, sometimes crab or shrimp and sometimes a high butter content croissant. In the cold weather I make bone broths and have more soups. The gelatin coffees alone give me 10 grams of protein each and I drink about 3 of them before I ever eat food.

L_C

Nowadays it is liver tostado about three times a week, nonfat and 2% milk, fresh squeezed orange juice or apple & purple carrot juice, sometimes pineapple juice or fresh mango when they are in season, eggs, cheese, 3 to 4 gelatin/milk/maple syrup coffees, corn & soy free chicken wings, custard and ice cream, artichoke hearts or sometimes bamboo shoots, raw honey, sprouted brown rice cereal, sometimes crab or shrimp and sometimes a high butter content croissant. In the cold weather I make bone broths and have more soups. The gelatin coffees alone give me 10 grams of protein each and I drink about 3 of them before I ever eat food.
Thank you for your reply. What brand of gelatin do you use?

OP
Rinse & rePeat
Thank you for your reply. What brand of gelatin do you use?
I have been using Great Lakes, but have heard it has heavy metals, which I haven't noticed personally, and I usually do with heavy metals in seafood and in other places. I may switch brands, but not sure since this one lands so well for me.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
Jennifer posted this list of herbs in my "Medicinal Herbs I Love" thread and innit is nettle!

"I’ve taken over a hundred varieties of herbs since my teens and especially like Dr. Robert Morse’s Cellular Botanicals—to this day, I credit his Heal All formula for saving my little man’s teeth—but now only take ones that I enjoy the taste of as I feel this is the best guide for which herbs my body wants, and these are the ones I’m currently enjoying daily:

Black tea—greatly improves my mood and digestion, and causes vivid, pleasant dreams that are romantic in nature

Chamomile—relaxes my nervous system and puts me right to sleep (passionflower does the same, but isn’t tasty IMO)

Honeybush—relieves indigestion and respiratory issues, and relaxes my nervous system without making me sleepy

Peppermint—soothes an upset stomach and clears my sinuses if I’ve had something that irritated my intestines

Nettle—strengthens my hair, nails and teeth and alleviates allergy-related symptoms such as hives and shortness of breath"

OP
Rinse & rePeat
In this clip Ray Peat says he has seen DHEA reverses gray hair pretty quickly. He also recommends shellfish to help reverse gray hair too, because of it's high copper and low iron content. I suppose that would mean people who eat a high red meat diet would gray quicker, than say Pescatarians.

View: https://youtu.be/Izvz0jkzuwE

aniciete

I have been using Great Lakes, but have heard it has heavy metals, which I haven't noticed personally, and I usually do with heavy metals in seafood and in other places. I may switch brands, but not sure since this one lands so well for me.
Have you ever noticed a histamine reaction from the Great Lakes green can? I’ve been thinking of adding in 1-2tbsp into my diet but I’m kinda skeptical due to histamine.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
Have you ever noticed a histamine reaction from the Great Lakes green can? I’ve been thinking of adding in 1-2tbsp into my diet but I’m kinda skeptical due to histamine.
Not at all, but I am puting one scoop in a cup of coffee which is a natural antihistamine, with sugar, which is another natural antihistamine.

Vins7

What are the symptoms of histamine reaction?

OP
Rinse & rePeat
"Acute telogen effluvium is a non-scaring hair loss, usually occurs 3 months after the stressful event that causes hair shedding, and lasts up to 6 months. It can be associated with post COVID-19 infection."

OP
Rinse & rePeat

Thyroid disease is a common cause of eyebrow hair loss. Your thyroid gland produces hormones that regulate metabolism.​

When this gland produces too much or too little of a hormone, your body falls out of balance, disrupting a number of normal processes. This includes hair growth.​

Hypothyroidism can also cause fatigue, weight gain, and brain fog, while people with hyperthyroidismoften have heart palpitations, bulging eyes, and weight loss.”​

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals