The role of electricity for hair

rei

Hair is a poor conductor of electricity, but it still conducts some. At 50-80 degrees C and high humidity it conducts well. This is what you would find in a sauna. But that is not what i would like to explore and brainstorm in this topic.

The earth has a clear weather electric field of 50 to 200 volts per meter height. This means a decently sized adult walking bare foot has about 300 volts potential difference between their feet and their hair, pushing electrons from the ground out through their hair. This is 3 times more voltage than your wall socket would provide in the US!

So it seems pretty obvious that there must be some clear biological effects from this current flowing through your body, Both the DC part and the AC component of the schumann resonance, and maybe this kind of "earthing" is what we have been designed for? Instead of the commonly seen earthing products you use while sitting at your desk or while sleeping.

Could one of the reasons we have preserved our hair on the scalp be it's effect acting like small antenna harvesting some effect of earth energy? What is the implication for hair loss here? What happens to the body if too much electrons are flowing through it? Isn't it oxidative damage like in mitochondria with blockade in ETC?

Eberhardt

This is really interesting. It might be related to grounding/earthing

Last edited:

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Hair is a poor conductor of electricity, but it still conducts some. At 50-80 degrees C and high humidity it conducts well. This is what you would find in a sauna. But that is not what i would like to explore and brainstorm in this topic.

The earth has a clear weather electric field of 50 to 200 volts per meter height. This means a decently sized adult walking bare foot has about 300 volts potential difference between their feet and their hair, pushing electrons from the ground out through their hair. This is 3 times more voltage than your wall socket would provide in the US!

So it seems pretty obvious that there must be some clear biological effects from this current flowing through your body, Both the DC part and the AC component of the schumann resonance, and maybe this kind of "earthing" is what we have been designed for? Instead of the commonly seen earthing products you use while sitting at your desk or while sleeping.

Could one of the reasons we have preserved our hair on the scalp be it's effect acting like small antenna harvesting some effect of earth energy? What is the implication for hair loss here? What happens to the body if too much electrons are flowing through it? Isn't it oxidative damage like in mitochondria with blockade in ETC?
Yes I read recently that cutting the hair cuts these antenna off. It takes 3 years of not cutting it for the antenna to regenerate.

Eberhardt

Yes I read recently that cutting the hair cuts these antenna off. It takes 3 years of not cutting it for the antenna to regenerate.
wow where did you read this?? and how would that supposedly work? hair grows at very variable speeds and the ends will just turn to shreds if you dont cut them at all for three years? I have been growing mine for 3 years this christmas and I had to cut of 15cm after two years as the ends were completly destroyed. I cant see how that would work

Summer

Regarding your last paragraph OP, would grounding be the answer?

OP
R

rei

What i described is grounding/earthing. This potential difference between head and toe is just a completely overlooked aspect of it.

With my last paragraph i was eyeing some idea how maybe balding is a protective process to stop or reduce the current flowing through you. Like diabetes could be seen as a process to bypass malfunctioning mitochondria so they don't drown you with ROS, maybe this current flowing through you has similar ROS forming effect as damaged mitochondria when it increases metabolism?

Or is balding the result of being disconnected from the ground, having no flow path for the produced electrons except exclusively to CO2 and ROS ?

Last edited:

Eberhardt

What i described is grounding/earthing. This potential difference between head and toe is just a completely overlooked aspect of it.

With my last paragraph i was eyeing some idea how maybe balding is a protective process to stop or reduce the current flowing through you. Like diabetes could be seen as a process to bypass malfunctioning mitochondria so they don't drown you with ROS, maybe this current flowing through you has similar ROS forming effect as damaged mitochondria when it increases metabolism?

Or is balding the result of being disconnected from the ground, having no flow path for the produced electrons except exclusively to CO2 and ROS ?
Very interesting question. I have seen some experiments showing that if you ground the top of a fur tree it dies... does this imply that grounding you head is unhealthy?? It might not though as the reasons the trees die might just be due to it disturbing the electrical potential needed for making sap rise in the trunk

Kykeon

i only know that merovingian kings were never allowed to cut their hair, samson in the bible loses his powers after his hair is cut, and my head is warmer in cold weather and cooler in hot weather with long hair.
I really dont want to cut it anymore.
Tesla also was very neurotic about not touching his hair.

I also dont understand why i would cut my hair, my body seems to like growing it on my head so why interfere.

Also the native american trappers were allowed to have long hair because they were worse trappers when their hair was cut short, but the source of this information is questionable.
Maybe the hair helps to sense the magnetic field. Very interesting topic.

Last edited:

or the dissheveled currents which accumulate on top of the head cause increased excitotoxicity and that would increase calcification if you can not protect yourself from it

Eberhardt

I think electricity has something to do with structured water, activity of bacteria and direction of the cilia
I think its the oposite way. I dont know if I belive that structured water is exactly what it is described to be as it does seem like it doesnt add up energetically (sorry dont have the links here) but it doesnt matter cause the phenomenon that is dubbed structured water obviously exists whatever the mechanisms behind it. I do think though it is the opposite way. that electricity causes these phenomenons. It is also claimed that grounding makes structured water along the membranes of the blood wessels due to the difference in potential and how it reacts with sulphur. That makes sense. It would also add up with the blood vessels having SOME similarity to the capplialries in trees thus being affected by grounding. I think- talking about structured water - the clearest indication that the proposed model is not correct is that the same phenomeon can be produced in liquid suphur that doesnt containg hydrogen and can thus not be caused by the hydrogens making hexagonal links.

tallglass13

Ray Peat said:
Thyroid makes the hair strong, a high metabolic rate can create a static field that helps it to stand up.

SOMO

Hair clearly has some other purpose besides aesthetics and keeping our scalp warm, so it's worth keeping.

God/Darwin doesn't create "extra" parts. This is where the insane belief that the appendix is not a necessary organ comes from.

Eberhardt

Hair clearly has some other purpose besides aesthetics and keeping our scalp warm, so it's worth keeping.

God/Darwin doesn't create "extra" parts. This is where the insane belief that the appendix is not a necessary organ comes from.
I think he does all the time. some parts fall out of use others dont. I think the question depends on the perspective though. The theory that the appendix might work as a storageplace for healthy bacteria during bacterial "cleansing" is intersting. We do though have lots of residues and weird solutions. Like men getting more stomach hernias due to the testicles having decended through the diaphragm as they still develop under the heart like in fish. Not saying I dont belive in both God and darwin but I cant really immedately agree with it. I do think we should have our appendix though so I am sort of actually agreeing with you. I think its just a more complicated thing. Like probably the propencity for sickle cell anemia is a side effect of higher immunity to malaria. Theoretically thus hair could be a side effect of something else but I dont belive so! Its worth mentioning that sexual selection also plays a potential part. Lush hair is an indicator of biological fitness. Now I must kill my own argument again here as well as the peacock which is the most well known example of this - there has now been research showing that the females dont care if the whole plumage are removed haha.

Makrosky

Very interesting thoughts.

Maybe the qigong practices are related to this?

Two other things that come to my mind :
Plato, the Greek Philosopher, had very thick/long eyebrows and he said these were like antennae for him.
In the Bible, when Samson´s hair is cutted, he loses his strength.

Jonnie

Ray Peat said:
Thyroid makes the hair strong, a high metabolic rate can create a static field that helps it to stand up.
Interesting. I've been getting T3/T4 and it's making my hair feel a bit rougher.

Definitely feel hair characteristics are influenced by electromagnetism. I remember it becoming really soft when I used to meditate.

Hair texture really seems to change throughout the day. At least for me and some of the people that I've asked about this.

Jack Earth

Could this be why homeless tend to keep their hair being outdoors all day?
You still believe in the posture theory? Or are you starting to lose hair again despite fixing posture?

OP
R

rei

This is a brainstorming thread about something rarely talked about. The hairloss angle is a speculation upon speculation.

And no, i never had hairloss. I still see practical evidence for fascial tension being the reason for hair loss, but might the fibrotic changes not only be due to postural damage, but it combined with hindered ability to withstand said tension because not enough or too many electrons are flowing through the body?

Last edited:

souperhuman

iu

In metals, all charge is distributed on the surface of the metal. In nonmetals, it is a different story but I think it might be at least partially true with hair. Hair has lots of surface area, which would be useful in capturing electrons (friction with the air, maybe directly from the cosmos?).
Also, the earth itself is a source of electrons. Something I have wondered is could these electrons be used in the electron transport chain? Usually the electrons being transported are derived from foods, but maybe that is not the whole story. Could earthing or hair be increasing the efficiency of metabolic processes by recycling electrons?
This tutorial seems to demonstrate that the plants do much better in grounded soil even though initially it was the "runt".
Hair is in direct proximity to the brain. The brain uses lots of energy, so maybe this is why we have hair on top of it. It needs hair in order to have enough energy to work.
Because of hair's ability to pick up charge, I think it is obvious at this point that hair is also a sensory organ that senses electric fields. And I can guarantee that the whiskers of various animals (cats, dogs, moles, ect) are not "feelers" that act by bumping into things XD but are probably used to sense the electric fields of other animals.