The Retinol Skin Paradox

GorillaHead

There seems to be some large varying degrees of effects from retinoids that are anecdotal and even clinically documented.

There are at least a few publications for example that showed retinoids completely eliminated seborrheic dermatitis in some individuals. Even annecdotal evidence to confirm this.

There is also documented evidence and annecdotal evidence of retinoids causing seborrheic dermatitis.

There is a lot of evidence documented and anecdotal evidence that shows retinoids cause hairloss, permanent in many cases and then there is even one documented study showing topical retinoids regrew hair.

Whats going on here? Even my own experience that i talk about below in my post shows to paradoxical effects on the same person!

Does this have to do with thyroid ? Apparently retinol and or beta carotene can inhibit thyroid function but I have sen studies that show better thyroid function means better conversion.

If you are taking retinol is it necessary your sugar intake is high? Perhaps thats why we see paradoxes?

My experience
For a week I ran a quick retinol experiment and I would like to get peoples thoughts on whats going on.

For one week I applied adaplene on my nose and after a week my nasal skin is hydrated and smooth and much better. For a few days I was peeling but thats over.

Now just a day ago I took 10000 iu of retinyl acetate and the rest of my skin became super dry.

How are these things all different.

Does this have to do with the thyroid?

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals