The Ray Peat Mostly Liquid Diet?

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Peatarian, I was making a joke about the smiley.

This forum was created for anyone that wants to use it.

nwo2012

Charlie said:
nwo2012 said:
:tinfoilhat

I love this smiley! The black hellicopter and all.

It was installed for the woo woo guys and gals, you know who you are. :rolling :bluewave :whistle :thumbup

Yes we know. It's great to be awake, I feel sorry for the sleepers. Please make a new smiley of a sheep/person (sheeple) for the rest of the forum. :lol:

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
nwo2012 said:
Charlie said:
nwo2012 said:
:tinfoilhat

I love this smiley! The black hellicopter and all.

It was installed for the woo woo guys and gals, you know who you are. :rolling :bluewave :whistle :thumbup

Yes we know. It's great to be awake, I feel sorry for the sleepers. Please make a new smiley of a sheep/person (sheeple) for the rest of the forum. :lol:

:lol: I will look around and see if I can find one.

Peatarian, how do you think I know about bunkers, tinfoil hats, and black helicopters? ;)

Oh well, back to my bunker.

OP
N

narouz

But if to be sheep is a bad thing,
what then are we?

Wolves? :eek:
Is there a smiley of
a wolf eating a coconut? :shock:
Somehow doesn't seem very Peatian. :roll:

I'm not in to organized religion,
but we may have to look to biblical parables:
"Be ye therefore wise as serpents and simple as doves."

Is there a smiley of some kind of combined serpent/dove...?

(Blake might approve, and therefore Peat....)

Ray-Z

narouz said:

I'm terrible at genetic engineering, so when I combined a serpent and a dove, I got...

...the ferocious feathered serpent, Quetzalcoatl!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quetzalcoatl

OP
N

narouz

Ray-Z said:
narouz said:

I'm terrible at genetic engineering, so when I combined a serpent and a dove, I got...

...the ferocious feathered serpent, Quetzalcoatl!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quetzalcoatl

Alright!
But where will we find a Quetzalcoat smiley!? :D

nwo2012

Id prefer a sheep with zzzzzzzzz coming off it as a smiley for such people.

As I said in another thread (vant find it, why Im posting here)about buying organic cheese to avoid GM rennet or true Parmigiano Reggiano (animal rennet), I asked the question via the PeatPhone:

RP
I think it's important to avoid GMO foods, and especially the horrible microbial enzymes that are showing up everywhere, including cheese.

OP
N

narouz

nwo2012 said:
Id prefer a sheep with zzzzzzzzz coming off it as a smiley for such people.

As I said in another thread (vant find it, why Im posting here)about buying organic cheese to avoid GM rennet or true Parmigiano Reggiano (animal rennet), I asked the question via the PeatPhone:

RP
I think it's important to avoid GMO foods, and especially the horrible microbial enzymes that are showing up everywhere, including cheese.

nwo2012--

the Feathered Serpent smiley is the positive option:
the Sheep has a bad connotation in your scheme--mindless followers;
the Quetzalcoatl would be the positive side of the same coin--Us Wise Peat Anti-authoritarians. :)

On the "horrible microbial enzymes":
I wish you'd start a new thread for this.
Until that quote I'd only heard Peat express mild suspicion about those enzymes.
He said he had heard some reports about people reacting badly to them
(though not "badly" in the sense of death or major sickness or something--
more like allergies or stomach irritation).
So your quote makes it sound more serious--something to definitely avoid.

The "healthfood" store where I get a lot of my cheese
sells a lot of the cheese with it (the microbial enzymes).
The cheese person told me the makers do it for a couple of reasons:
-to save money, and
-to get the "stamp of approval" from the vegetarian customers. :(

She also said, interestingly, that the major source of the microbial enzymes
was milk thistle, which has been used as an alternative coagulant since antiquity.
Personally, I'd like to check her story out more carefully.

Did you mean to say, nwo2012, that the new-fangled enzymes are also GMO...?

pete

“Recently I saw an advertisement for one of the big additive companies that says that sixty some percent of the cheeses now made in the world use their culture, and their cultures are basically from bacteria and fungus, and their cheap substitutes for the naturally grown bacterial and fungal cultures ... and traditionally they are made with bovine digestive enzymes.” - RP

I think it's important to avoid GMO foods
http://www.raypeatforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=623&p=3317

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
The past couple weeks I noticed that I have been putting on weight. Basically just eating too darn much. So, tonight I was like, OK, back to the Peat basics. And what would that be?

Ray Peat said:
"A daily diet that includes two quarts of milk and a quart of orange juice provides enough fructose and other sugars for general resistance to stress, but larger amounts of fruit juice, honey, or other sugars can protect against increased stress, and can reverse some of the established degenerative conditions."

So I went over to cronometer and checked it out, wow, that covers a lot of my calories, my sugars, my protein, etc. After adding in an egg or two, a little meat for lunch, a small amount of shellfish or fish for dinner, along with my chocolate and coffee and gelatin. Boom, thats it. Only thing I am lacking is a little maganese and some B3 and K.

So yeh Narouz, you are right. This is the Ray Peat mostly liquid diet. And I like it!!!!

Birdie

I guess I keep denying it is a mostly liquid diet.

I do drink a lot on it.

My breakfast is not liquid, but I have 2 cups of tea before, and coffee with of after. I have oj with it.
Then, more oj later on. More milk. For a while cokes. Not at the moment.

I have lost another pound. It was 2 that I'd lost, but then I ate a lot, so the 2 was short lived. I still have about 5 to go but my goal is only 2 more. I now weigh less than when I began peating which was about a year ago.

I just ate some H-D. But I avoided the tortilla chips that my husband ate. I'm not really in the state of health where I should be eating them. I figure the young and healthy can tolerate them more than I.

But that, "Basically just eating too darn much." is so easy to do, Charlie.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Totally forgot about the coke!

Yeh, it is easy to do, Birdie. Especially when everything tastes so darn good!

Tonight was my last splurge night. Chowed down on a bunch of Haagen Dazs. Feeling all full and fat now. :lol: And tomorrow its back to serious Peat business. Liquid, liquid, and more liquid! :cheers Which is fine with me because I am a single bachelor and it makes things easy.

I was thinking tonight. You know, if you told someone they could turn their life around by drinking 8 cups of milk, and 4 cups of OJ a day, along with a little bit of extra stuff along with it. They would think you were nuts. Me, I think its great!

Happy Peating!!

OP
N

narouz

Charlie said:
I was thinking tonight. You know, if you told someone they could turn their life around by drinking 8 cups of milk, and 4 cups of OJ a day, along with a little bit of extra stuff along with it. They would think you were nuts. Me, I think its great!
Happy Peating!!

Of course, I resonate with this post. :)

Birdie

narouz said:
Charlie said:
Happy Peating!!

Of course, I resonate with this post. :)
I toast you with orange juice.

Birdie

OJ since I have caught my dh's cold. Pre-Peat, I'd be loading up on ascorbic acid. It's been a couple of years since I had a cold. I hate it. Ears and jaw hurt.

Aren't colds for other people?

nwo2012

Charlie said:
The past couple weeks I noticed that I have been putting on weight. Basically just eating too darn much. So, tonight I was like, OK, back to the Peat basics. And what would that be?

Ray Peat said:
"A daily diet that includes two quarts of milk and a quart of orange juice provides enough fructose and other sugars for general resistance to stress, but larger amounts of fruit juice, honey, or other sugars can protect against increased stress, and can reverse some of the established degenerative conditions."

So I went over to cronometer and checked it out, wow, that covers a lot of my calories, my sugars, my protein, etc. After adding in an egg or two, a little meat for lunch, a small amount of shellfish or fish for dinner, along with my chocolate and coffee and gelatin. Boom, thats it. Only thing I am lacking is a little maganese and some B3 and K.

So yeh Narouz, you are right. This is the Ray Peat mostly liquid diet. And I like it!!!!

Manganese from cacao liquor (unsweetened baker's chocolate). K from liver. All good. Yes I too am gaining a little round the middle (abs barely visible). I too have started to revert to more liquid, slowly slowly. Dropped all Masa and potatoes too for now. I still think one year further in and it will be easier to stay leaner. Well, I hope so. Also Ive started in 200mg daily of DNP. Sweating like crazy too, Oz summer approaching!

Birdie

A great subject.

Yes, nwo, I quit gaining when I stopped the nightime ice cream and starches. And went to 1% milk. I regret that it has vitamin suspensioners in it. It's not perfect. It sure is true that in the milk section of this diet, one works for one and another for another.

Charlie, I don't count calories. Only, about once every month or so, I check my food/nutrients with FatSecret. I sign in to my weight chart every 2 weeks and that's it. I'm one who goes nuts if counting calories. There, again, what works for one doesn't for another.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
I definitely do not count calories every day. Just like you I sign in every once in while and try to get a picture of whats going on. I got it now so wont sign in for a couple months again probably.

Loving my mostly liquid diet!