The Progest-E & Raw Honey High

OP
Rinse & rePeat
I like the fact that you included this part of Ray's quote for added context. Euphoria has really been maligned, almost as if there's a problem with us humans being too happy!

When in reality euphoria can be had with a healthy metabolism - especially if anti-stress hormones are added into the mix.

One's baseline mental state can be consistently, surprisingly high.

Progesterone is very sedative for me too. Helped ditch alcohol dependency.

Thank you Occamzrazer! When I read this particular quote of his it gave me reassurance that the inside of myself is doing as good as the outside. I had used Progest-E in my first year of "Peating' and felt nothing, which I see so many people say. This time around, using it in a better state, 4+ "Peaty" years later, I can really feel it, because I am just not the PUFA laden person I was back then. It made me realize that just because you think it is doing something doesn't mean it isn't.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
Here is Ray's before & after pic with pregnenolone.

Attachments

• ray-preg.jpg
    ray-preg.jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 117
Last edited:
OP
Rinse & rePeat
Face-lift? Now I'm curious!! Is it noticeably anti-aging? I wondered about rubbing it on my boobs to try and bring them back to life haha!

It literally was one drop so I'm not sure how I could lower my amount but I'll try after ovulation next month. Thank you!!

Glad to hear the wooziness is a good thing. It's quite unnerving.
You're funny! I think we are gonna need more than a few drops for that lift effect Calvert! Can you imagine that buzz?!! I posted a before and after pic of Ray Peat's before and after pic using pregnenolone. I don't know how much he used or how long to get his results, but they are impressive. I don't have sagging or wrinkles so my facelift effect is from a combination of things, aka shrimp, liver, coke, niacinimide & Progest-E. I have only been using Progest-E for a month, as well as the niacinimide, so they haven't been life changing yet, but certainly perks me up when I haven't been too "Peaty" the night before :)

Last edited:

Vileplume

I like the fact that you included this part of Ray's quote for added context. Euphoria has really been maligned, almost as if there's a problem with us humans being too happy!

When in reality euphoria can be had with a healthy metabolism - especially if anti-stress hormones are added into the mix.

One's baseline mental state can be consistently, surprisingly high.

Progesterone is very sedative for me too. Helped ditch alcohol dependency.
Yes, if you go long enough without euphoria, you forget it exists and your idea of contentment reaches a lower baseline. Before you know it, you’ve gone months without really laughing or feeling true joy, but you don’t realize it. You can go years like this, even dying without knowing you’ve been unknowingly unhappy for decades.

It’s a privilege to know how happy we can be.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
Yes, if you go long enough without euphoria, you forget it exists and your idea of contentment reaches a lower baseline. Before you know it, you’ve gone months without really laughing or feeling true joy, but you don’t realize it. You can go years like this, even dying without knowing you’ve been unknowingly unhappy for decades.

It’s a privilege to know how happy we can be.
I have experienced that before! When you find it hard to laugh, you know you've got a problem!

calvert79

I didn't get alerts on the updates to the thread, sorry.

I read somewhere that you were supposed to apply progesterone 'down there' because there was something bad (I forget what it was) about applying it on your body above your uterus? But I'm sure I read elsewhere on the forum about a mtf person applying it on breasts and noticing improvements - can you tell I want my prebaby boobs back? :D

I do know that it's supposed to be post ovulation so I'm waiting until then and I'll give it another try.

The peptide info is interesting, thanks for sharing that Rick. And the vitamin C. I've used peptides topically and vitamin c internally. Any vitamin c products I've applied topically have really broken my skin out.

@rinse&repeat you look amazing! thanks for the info re the amount. It's hard to gauge with it being an oil and being so gloopy.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
I didn't get alerts on the updates to the thread, sorry.

I read somewhere that you were supposed to apply progesterone 'down there' because there was something bad (I forget what it was) about applying it on your body above your uterus? But I'm sure I read elsewhere on the forum about a mtf person applying it on breasts and noticing improvements - can you tell I want my prebaby boobs back? :D

I do know that it's supposed to be post ovulation so I'm waiting until then and I'll give it another try.

The peptide info is interesting, thanks for sharing that Rick. And the vitamin C. I've used peptides topically and vitamin c internally. Any vitamin c products I've applied topically have really broken my skin out.

@rinse&repeat you look amazing! thanks for the info re the amount. It's hard to gauge with it being an oil and being so gloopy.
Thanks Calvert79 for the compliment! Let us know how things go when you get a little more familiar with it!

tanya48

It's recommended for relief of hot flashes but it seemed to do the opposite for me. I tried it for the first time last night and I kept throwing off the blankets all night long. I'm 72 and post menopausal. Unless it was something else causing heat in my body. Will have to try it again today and see how I feel.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
It's recommended for relief of hot flashes but it seemed to do the opposite for me. I tried it for the first time last night and I kept throwing off the blankets all night long. I'm 72 and post menopausal. Unless it was something else causing heat in my body. Will have to try it again today and see how I feel.
I used it on my little dog and she panted the whole day! We really do have to be sparing with it. I got hot with it too, but I was using a whole popcorn kernel worth. I think where you put it might matter too. My husband puts it on his wrist at bedtime a swears by it for sleep. Calvert79 (higher in this thread) says she read something about not puting it above your uterus? Maybe try a smaller amount on your wrist or leg?

tanya48

I used it on my little dog and she panted the whole day! We really do have to be sparing with it. I got hot with it too, but I was using a whole popcorn kernel worth. I think where you put it might matter too. My husband puts it on his wrist at bedtime a swears by it for sleep. Calvert79 (higher in this thread) says she read something about not puting it above your uterus? Maybe try a smaller amount on your wrist or leg?
Wow, interesting. I think I used two drops. The bottle came with no instructions whatsoever. I wonder if it can be applied directly on skin issues. I have a spot on my leg that just won't heal no matter what I put on it.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
Wow, interesting. I think I used two drops. The bottle came with no instructions whatsoever. I wonder if it can be applied directly on skin issues. I have a spot on my leg that just won't heal no matter what I put on it.
Oh gosh Tanya48 that was A LOT! I would be leary of puting it on the spot on your leg. Check out my post on REMOVING SKIN GROWTHS WITH COCONUT MCT OIL. I have before and after pics attached. Maybe even send me a pic there of your spot to see if it is similar to ones I have removed. I have removed many before I ever thought to take a pic.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
"The production of euphoria has been mentioned as a side effect, but I think euphoria is simply an indication of a good physiological state. (The history of official medical attitudes toward euphoria is a subject that deserves more attention.) Very large doses that are given in vitamin E solution, allowing complete absorption, can reach the level that is sometimes achieved late in pregnancy, producing both euphoria and a degree of anesthesis. To avoid unexpected anesthesia, the correct dose should be determined by taking about 10 mg. at a time allowing it to spread into the membranes of the mouth, and repeating the dose after 10 minutes until the symptoms are controlled." Ray Peat

Boy what an experience I had this morning! I had shorted myself on sleep, and found myself wide awake at 5:00. I laid there too awake to even try to go back to sleep. So an hour later I decided to take a spoonful of raw honey, which has always served me well for my sleep, and threw in a little Progest-E for good measure.

I had been reluctant to use Progest-E, not wanting to throw a possible wrench in my good health, but decided to take the plunge and bought the Progest-E a couple of weeks earlier. I noticed, on several occasions, a dazed calm feeling it has given, and suspected it is why I have been getting sleepy earlier at night than usual lately too. So I thought it would be a good thing to try to get me that couple extra hours this morning.

I took my honey, slathered the Progest-E on my lips and layed back down. Within minutes I went into a deep relaxed state. So deep that my mouth dropped open and I was slow to close it. I was very conscious, much like when Nyquil first kicks in. It was a wonderful feeling, but my mouth not staying closed, and now a snoring gasp coming out of it too was a bit worrisome! I don't sleep noisily and this sound was startling me awake. This happened a couple of times until I moved my position onto my back to keep mouth from dropping open anymore. Whew! I can see how this stuff could solve some problems!

I enjoyed my little trip to nowhere, but after awhile I felt a strange motorlike sensation in my back, a sort of machine perfectly timmed fast twitch deep inside that I could hear deep within myself, but not with my ears, a sort of quick thump, thump thump. I wasn't sure it was even a muscle. I cannot describe it much better, but if I were guessing, I would surmise my body was releasing something or gearing up for something. It was so odd. I certainly think I either took too much Progest-E or pairing it with the raw honey turned into a powerful combination. Feeling very anesthetized, I can see how this combo could be a lifesaver for insomniacs as well a stress reliever, taking it during the day for those who are overly stressed. I will definetly take Ray Peat's instruction next time, and be more sparing and work my way up, or take out the honey. It was an incredibly powerful drug like feeling, and I am still groggy from it at noon, in a very cool, laid back sort of way. As "they" say, "That was some good stuff!"
Does anyone know if it is true about it being better to keep projesterone below the uterus as I have recently read on this forum? Or if it is good or bad to put it on the thyroid?

Rick K

Does anyone know if it is true about it being better to keep projesterone below the uterus as I have recently read on this forum? Or if it is good or bad to put it on the thyroid?
Hormones are systemic. Location of application is irrelevant.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals