The “Problem Of Human Nature” Poll

LUH 3417

It seems that all of the problems of development and degeneration can be alleviated by the appropriate use of the energy-protective materials. When we realize that our human nature is problematic, we can begin to explore our best potentials.
---Ray Peat

Do you believe human nature is inherently problematic? If so, why? If not, why?

dfspcc20

I don't think there is a definitive "human nature" that can be separated from the environment.

Also, I think it's helpful to see a fuller context of that quote. Still, I'm not totally sure what Peat meant.

"Since then, I have been working on both practical and theoretical aspects of this view. I think only a new perspective on the nature of living matter will make it possible to properly take advantage of the multitude of practical and therapeutic effects of the various life-supporting substances--pregnenolone, progesterone, thyroid hormone, and coconut oil in particular.

"Marketing" of these as products, without understanding just what they do and why they do it, seems to be adding confusion, rather than understanding, as hundreds of people sell their misconceptions with their products. The very concept of "marketing" is at odds with the real nature of these materials, which has to do with the protection and expansion of our nature and potential. A distorted idea of human nature is sold when people are treated as "the market."

It seems that all of the problems of development and degeneration can be alleviated by the appropriate use of the energy-protective materials. When we realize that our human nature is problematic, we can begin to explore our best potentials."

nbznj

you kinda see it in this forum... our problem is our brain. We overthink. We think black or white. It works in hard sciences like physics or mathematics because we're doing incredible things. It doesn't work with just about everything else. People who live longer don't give a damn. They eat food they could get at the local farmer's market and chill.

We find something that seems to work and is backed up by some studies, we totally dismiss anything that is contradictory and go full on nutritionism. We find that eating a variety of food is too hard or we're too lazy to even try so we want the MAGIC PILL or the ONLY 2 FOODS I COULD THRIVE ON and other fallacies.

For many years, I have been seeing more symptoms relieved by stopping all the chemical supplements, than by using them
> Ray Peat

OP
LUH 3417

LUH 3417

you kinda see it in this forum... our problem is our brain. We overthink. We think black or white. It works in hard sciences like physics or mathematics because we're doing incredible things. It doesn't work with just about everything else. People who live longer don't give a damn. They eat food they could get at the local farmer's market and chill.

We find something that seems to work and is backed up by some studies, we totally dismiss anything that is contradictory and go full on nutritionism. We find that eating a variety of food is too hard or we're too lazy to even try so we want the MAGIC PILL or the ONLY 2 FOODS I COULD THRIVE ON and other fallacies.

> Ray Peat
yea i agree. our environment is problematic, and maybe this stems from a sense of inferiority, the sense of bedazzlement we experience in the face of insurmountable mountains and seemingly infinite oceans. either way i like that the term "human nature" includes nature, and maybe we will soon wake up to the inseparability of the two.

Peatful

It seems that all of the problems of development and degeneration can be alleviated by the appropriate use of the energy-protective materials. When we realize that our human nature is problematic, we can begin to explore our best potentials.
---Ray Peat

We are a coin with two opposing sides.

I believe we were made by Love in Gods image.
But our brokenness of (inherited) flesh and the world keeps us "problematic".

OP
LUH 3417

LUH 3417

We are a coin with two opposing sides.

I believe we were made by Love in Gods image.
But our brokenness of (inherited) flesh and the world keeps us "problematic".
god the original divider, night/day, man/woman, spirit/flesh. love is supposed to bring together, not divide.

OP
LUH 3417

LUH 3417

it is alarmingly strange to me that ray peat is especially interested in demystifying the world (you can see he was absorbed in this process from his 1960 thesis "william blake and the mysticisms of sense & non-sense"). on a forum where his health ideas are touted and exchanged via bits and pieces of personal experience, there seems to be an overwhelming tendency to want to steep humanity and our problematic relationship with nature into mysticism, over and over and over again.

Last edited:

Sucrates

---Ray Peat

By what standard could a human claim that human nature is problematic? I think most of those words would need to be concretely defined to make any sense of the statement, if it's intended to make any sense at all.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals