I tried this... at first it helped me sleep on the first night and usually I don't dream and it made me have more vivid dreams, however on the second day it has messed me up... started getting a terrible headache, then when sleeping woke up like 20x, feeling weird and dizzy... clearly an energy problem I guess, but bizarre... anyone have weird side effects like this? I'm not sure if it's bc it's a 5ar Inhibitor or something else related related low B vitamins or something. I took vitamin D before this weird episode started and I noticed right after taking vitmain D, I felt extremely tired, I wonder if this let vitamin d actually hit the cell..

Inaut

My question and response from Ray regarding policosanols/beeswax ingestion.

Q:What are your thoughts about ingesting 1-2 grams of beeswax a day for the long chain acids and policosanols? Do you know of a good solvent or extraction method to extract policosanols?

A: The melting point of beeswax is so high that it wouldn’t be absorbed. I tried some dissolved in butter and coconut oil, and found that it irritated my digestive system. It’s possible that a much smaller amount could be beneficial. Bran and cooked leaves are good sources of it.

yerrag

My question and response from Ray regarding policosanols/beeswax ingestion.

Q:What are your thoughts about ingesting 1-2 grams of beeswax a day for the long chain acids and policosanols? Do you know of a good solvent or extraction method to extract policosanols?

A: The melting point of beeswax is so high that it wouldn’t be absorbed. I tried some dissolved in butter and coconut oil, and found that it irritated my digestive system. It’s possible that a much smaller amount could be beneficial. Bran and cooked leaves are good sources of it.
I've been eating well-cooked leaves for at least 2 years now, because of Ray. But just for calcium and magnesium. In fact, that's all the vegetable I eat nowadays.

Knowing it has policosanols (as well as Vitamin E) is even better.

I made a small batch yesterday. I had cocoa butter, mct, beeswax, high gamma vitamin E, and cyclodextrin (dissolved in ethanol) mixed while heating. Had it on empty stomach. Because it's very oily and bland, it was tolerable but it could be better if I ate it with jelly in toasted bread (like peanut butter and jelly).

I didn't feel bad at all, but I had multiple loose bowel episodes and had to take a dump many times. But I'm not sure if it's because I was also taking 2 x400 mg magnesium acetate, and I had just increased it from a 1 x400mg dosage. Excess oral intake of magnesium can cause loose bowel movement.

Since I stopped magnesium intake yesterday, and will stay away from it today, I'll see how taking this goes. If it doesn't go well with me, I may just ditch the beeswax and the mct and the cocoa butter, and use the policosanol powder and mix it in ethanol with an ultrasonic jewelry cleaner (to act as a sonicator), and then take it together with my gamma-rich vitamin E. I still have to buy a jewelry cleaner though, which sets me back about $40.

yerrag

I made a small batch yesterday. I had cocoa butter, mct, beeswax, high gamma vitamin E, and cyclodextrin (dissolved in ethanol) mixed while heating. Had it on empty stomach. Because it's very oily and bland, it was tolerable but it could be better if I ate it with jelly in toasted bread (like peanut butter and jelly).
Gives me loose bowel. I had to take a dump every now and then. I don't feel any discomfort though. But this is not unusual, as the cocoa butter and the mct are antibacterial, and not all of it gets absorbed by the small intestines.. i think when it goes into the colon, it probably starts to kill some bacteria, and the LPS makes it hard for the gut walls to absorb the gut stew. This causes loose stools.

Am also concerned that the policosanols and the Vitamin E would not be fully absorbed, and this would be a waste.

So I've ordered an ultrasonic cleaner. Ethanol, policosanol will be put in a test tube. And the test tube will be put in the middle of the bath, secured so it stays steady, and I'll start the ultrasound. Once the policosanol is dissolved, I'll then add the cyclodextrin, and mix again with ultrasound. Once homogenized, I'll put in the vitamin E from the capsule, and mix again with ultrasound. Immediately after, I'll swallow the solution.

This way, the small quantity without the oils will allow for better absorption in the small intestine. At least that is my hope.

I'll have the ultrasound in a few days.

Inaut

I did a little experiment before bed yesterday. Opened a capsule of policosanols, dumped it into a shot glass, added a few drops of turpentine and then mixed it in water and drank. I can say this: I had morning wood well into waking this...

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

I did a little experiment before bed yesterday. Opened a capsule of policosanols, dumped it into a shot glass, added a few drops of turpentine and then mixed it in water and drank. I can say this: I had morning wood well into waking this...
Awesome !What's the point of this? How is this different from taking policosanol or turpentine isolated ?

Inaut

I think the turps help to absorb the policosanols better.

yerrag

Gives me loose bowel. I had to take a dump every now and then. I don't feel any discomfort though. But this is not unusual, as the cocoa butter and the mct are antibacterial, and not all of it gets absorbed by the small intestines.. i think when it goes into the colon, it probably starts to kill some bacteria, and the LPS makes it hard for the gut walls to absorb the gut stew. This causes loose stools.

Am also concerned that the policosanols and the Vitamin E would not be fully absorbed, and this would be a waste.

So I've ordered an ultrasonic cleaner. Ethanol, policosanol will be put in a test tube. And the test tube will be put in the middle of the bath, secured so it stays steady, and I'll start the ultrasound. Once the policosanol is dissolved, I'll then add the cyclodextrin, and mix again with ultrasound. Once homogenized, I'll put in the vitamin E from the capsule, and mix again with ultrasound. Immediately after, I'll swallow the solution.

This way, the small quantity without the oils will allow for better absorption in the small intestine. At least that is my hope.

I'll have the ultrasound in a few days.

Got the ultrasound cleaner today, and I figured out how to immerse a test tube in the bath using rubber bands to keep it secure. Mixed the policasonal and cyclodextrin in ethanol, and ran the bath for 5 minutes. Then I added my gamma-rich vitamin E to the mixture. And ran the bath for another 5 minutes. Got a homogenous mixtute and drank it. I didn't imagine it would be this easy.

I squeezed out the contents of the vitamin E caps so that the vitamin E can be mixed with the policosanols. With the cyclodextrins I hope I can make my macrophages remove the foam cells of oxidized LDL between the intima and the media of my blood vessels.

Will have to monitor my stats and see how this goes.

Inaut

Got the ultrasound cleaner today, and I figured out how to immerse a test tube in the bath using rubber bands to keep it secure. Mixed the policasonal and cyclodextrin in ethanol, and ran the bath for 5 minutes. Then I added my gamma-rich vitamin E to the mixture. And ran the bath for another 5 minutes. Got a homogenous mixtute and drank it. I didn't imagine it would be this easy.

I squeezed out the contents of the vitamin E caps so that the vitamin E can be mixed with the policosanols. With the cyclodextrins I hope I can make my macrophages remove the foam cells of oxidized LDL between the intima and the media of my blood vessels.

Will have to monitor my stats and see how this goes.
Great work @yerrag !

yerrag

Thanks!

1627699327240.png

Jam

MacGyerrag!

yerrag

MacGyerrag!
Yeah! I'm sure I learned a thing or two from him with this one lol

I was at first thinking if I needed a lab stand with a test tube holder attached to the stand with a right angle clamp. I have them somewhere, but I had to dig them out and my lazy bones did not feel like it. The unit is also small so the stretched rubber band works out well. I could stretch my palm out and it covers the length of the unit.

I still have to tinker with the formula. On it alone, my bp went down significantly, going down from a high of 226/143 and a low of 187/129 in two days prior to a high of 196/133 and a low of 186/118 just today. That it broke through a wall I've been struggling with is good enough for me. But I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I've had many, many hopes dashed before. I'll need a week of consistent values and hopefully more bp drops to validate this. But these are many new wrinkles here - the policosanols and the high-gamma vitamin E combining together to form "original vitamin E", and then the incorporation of a cyclodextrin.

Because I went the aggressive approach - incorporating all of these new wrinkles at the same time - I'm experiencing loose stools. Not diarrhea though. I may have to ratchet down my cyclodextrins as a start. We'll see.

Inaut

I bought some jaggery today. I like quite like it

@yerrag could you use a mason jar in the ultrasonic cleaner and make a bigger batch at 1 time?

yerrag

I bought some jaggery today. I like quite like it

@yerrag could you use a mason jar in the ultrasonic cleaner and make a bigger batch at 1 time?
You can do that.

I based my idea on a setup you described. Guy builds his own ultrasound cleaner, and the bath is made for use with a mason jar, but it's less feature-packed. For me personally, I rather have a small setup that can be bought feature-packed. I also prefer my mixture to be freshly made, as I have no idea how it would degrade over time, and given that vitamin E is also an antioxidant, I don't know how much oxidation happens. I'm already concerned that taking the vitamin E out of the capsule and mixing it would reduce its antioxidant effecacy, so I have to find a balance between the ingredients mixing thoroughly enough and the vitamin E becoming oxidized needlessly. But I'm operating from a standpoint of ignorance about vitamin E and its degradation, and my assumption that vitamin E may degrade quickly may not be true.

Here is the video, but there's a part two you can link to from it:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-WxiZlXHs8

yerrag

I'm learning a few things so I'm sharing as I go along what I discover -

I find that with enough time, and with following the proper sequence of adding ingredients, I am able to get a clear solution or colloidal suspension. Getting a clear solution is my cue to stop the ultrasound mixing. Instead of drinking straight from the test tube, I use a straw instead to sip the mixture, as I find that drinking from the test tube allow the mixture to be left on the sides of the test tube, where it will cool and show a white waxy film. Sipping from a straw while the mixture is warm (from the ultrasound vibration causing friction between the water molecules) is like drinking warm brandy because of the ethanol used. The ethanol powers any taste from the other ingredients.

Last night I used 15 minutes, but today I increased the time to 30 minutes, which is the max for the unit. I don't know why last night I was able to get a homogenous mixture in 15, but today 15 min wasn't enough.

The order I used for putting in the substances - 2-hp-beta cyclodextrin, then policosanol, then high gamma vitamin E (2 capsules' contents), then ethanol as a solvent and to wash off substances clinging to the sides of the test tube. If I put ethanol in before the vitamin E, the mixture will stay cloudy even after the ultransonic bath. Seems like the cyclodextrin mixing in with the vitamin E first works better.

My initial impressions: lower bp, higher perfusion index, lower spO2. My breath rate is unaffected at 14-15, but my urine pH is acidic at 5.5-5.8, and my saliva pH is at 6.2 - which is somewhat more acidic than normal. I'm not sure what's going on, but I'm hoping that with cyclodextrin and original vitamin E, macrophages are eating away foam cells that contain oxidized LDL as well as some bacteria clinging to the foam cells. And if not, the action is easing the load on neutrophils as it phagocytizes the released bacteria effectively.

I'm also amazed that the frequency of my urination has lessened, and the strength of my urination somehow became more of a trickle maybe because there's less urine filling up the bladder. I used to fill a 200 ml cup but now it's not even half-full. Also, my urine is still dark yellow even after I stopped taking b-vitamins for 2 straight days. Certainly, my urinary pattern has changed. Most of all, the urine bubbles seem to be more dense telling me something else is being excreted.

This is similar to when I took proteolytic enzymes, but the difference I think is that instead of fibrin being lysed from the fibrous cap of the intima, it is the foam cells in the necrotic core that are sandwiched in between the intima and media of the blood vessels. If this were the case, it is a good thing because I don't want to first lyse the fibrous cap, as when the fibrous cap breaks, the necrotic core would ooze out and cause blocking, partial or fully, of the blood vessel.

I think that 2 years ago, when I took proteolytic enzymes to lyse my plaque, I lysed the fibrous cap, and this allowed some foam cells of the necrotic core to be released into the blood stream. Since I wasn't very aggressive in my dosage of proteolytic enzymes, not enough foam cells were released to cause major vessel blockage. But there was slight damage as later on I would get an ECG report that said I had a history of myocardial infarction. I am sure it was due to my intake of proteolytic enzymes as before my intake of proteolytic enzymes, I had taken an ECG and there was no indication of having a myocardial infarction.

Furthermore, after my intake of proteolytic enzymes, my blood pressure increased unexpectedly, and I also saw an increase in my RDW. The increase in RDW is likely from the foam cells getting to my capillaries and further narrowing the passage of red blood cells going through the capillaries. This would cause rbc's to become elongated as they are being squeezed through the capillaries. This would make RDW go higher.

Anyway, this is a bit off from the policosanol main thread but still peripheral and related to it. The policosanol being put together with the high gamma vitamin E to make original vitamin E may be a critical component that needs to be incorporated back into vitamin E formulations. Haidut's Tocovit has the policosanols, which is nice, but it doesn't have enough of the gamma isomer which is needed as an electrophile to spur the removal of oxidized LDL. Adding the cyclodextrin further enables macrophages to use the vitamin E to eat up the foam cells.

In a week, I'll report back with new readings.

yerrag

Oh, I am flatulent now though there is no fragrance to it. I wasn't farting before. Not sure if it's the policosanols or the cyclodextrin but I think it's the policosanols. Maybe the policosanols being bacteria-friendly?

yerrag

Oh, I am flatulent now though there is no fragrance to it. I wasn't farting before. Not sure if it's the policosanols or the cyclodextrin but I think it's the policosanols. Maybe the policosanols being bacteria-friendly?
I meant bacteria unfriendly.

On my 7th day of taking policosanols with hi-gamma vitamin E and cyclodextrins, I notice that my hair got very oily, just a day after I shampooed without a conditioner. My face is also very oily.

It was this way in my teens, when I had too much hair I hated it then as it very unruly, and I also had plenty of zits. Will have to see if I start popping zits again, or grow a nice mat of hair.

At the very least, this is getting my sebaceous glands more active.

Last edited:

yerrag

Related to my intake of "original vitamin E" with cyclodextrins, I am also seeing my urine stay consistently at a dark yellow or amber color, despite not taking any b-vitamins for 7 days running. Normally, when I stop taking b-vitamins, of which b2 contributes to the yellow coloration, my urine would turn colorless to slight yellow.

It is still possible that policosanol or cyclodextrin or high gamma vitamin E is directly causing it, but I don't think it's likely.

Interesting, to say the least. What if plaque contains riboflavin that is just being released as the plaque is lysed?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals