Nomane Euger

I never noticed anything I could attribute specifically to policosanols as I’m feeling pretty good these days and take a couple of supplements but beeswax has more effect on my bowel movements for sure.
i ate a whole 200 to 500 grammes honey comb yesterday,it was a fight to swallow the wax but it fixed a 2 months longue bloating that i had,that i generally only fix with very high quality veal/lamb liver

Inaut

I read somewhere that 10grams was the most one should typically eat. Something about turning intestines if too large... Anyways very interesting @normane Euger. I land somewhere near 2grams a day and see nothing but benefits from that amount :)

Dave Clark

Instead of trying to source beeswax, why not just use jaggery as a sugar source. Was talked about extensively in the Nano Soma info.

Inaut

Instead of trying to source beeswax, why not just use jaggery as a sugar source. Was talked about extensively in the Nano Soma info.
What turned me off was the iron in it. May be exaggerated though. I would mind adding jaggery to my food.

Nomane Euger

I read somewhere that 10grams was the most one should typically eat. Something about turning intestines if too large... Anyways very interesting @normane Euger. I land somewhere near 2grams a day and see nothing but benefits from that amount :)
it is nomane not normane.i also noticed that in certains situations where i would experience frustration,and have bad feelings,sadness,resentment,since i ate the bees wax instead i would rage so hard,but none of the bads feelings i listed precendtly,no acceptation and submission at all

Dave Clark

What turned me off was the iron in it. May be exaggerated though. I would mind adding jaggery to my food.
Yeah, it initially concerned me, then when I researched how much iron is in healthy food, such as kale, meat, etc., it doesn't seem out of the ordinary. Unless, you were eating tons of it. I use sugar in my coffee, and coffee is supposed to block the absorption of iron, so I am not that concerned.
My question is: I currently use coconut sugar, and I am wondering, is that the same thing as jaggery powder? Wondering, since I saw that jaggery can be made from palm sugar. I would like to know the definition of what makes sugar a jaggery. I might already be eating jaggery and don't know it.

miquelangeles

For the last 15+ years I've been in contact with many researchers in the apitherapy field and I've been consuming bee products regularly. There is also a government funded institute in my country dedicated to research into apitherapy that dates back to the 1930's.

After reading the policosanol threads here, I asked a few people in this field about therapeutic uses of beeswax. They said that its use is usually limited to topical preparations, and they advised against ingesting it because it can accumulate in the intestine, especially if one has enlarged diverticula. However, the 1-2 grams you are averaging is likely safe.

They were however less knowledgeable of the policosanols in beeswax and their possible therapeutic effects. Their focus of research is on the common products - propolis, royal jelly, bee venom, pollen. But there seems to be quite a bit of research published, especially on a standardized product called D-002 (Beeswax Alcohols) later renamed to Abexol. It was shown to be very gastroprotective as well as benefiting joint health and reducing lipid peroxidation. It is also a dual COX/5-LOX inhibitor with higher affinity for 5-LOX.

Have you read about any methods to extract the policosanols from beeswax without requiring special lab equipment? Would they be soluble in alcohol for example?

Inaut

I was googling this the other night. Apparently it's not soluble in alcohol but somewhat soluble in vegetable oil? i also read about turpentine being useful for extraction but i don't know...I'd love something easy..

miquelangeles

I was googling this the other night. Apparently it's not soluble in alcohol but somewhat soluble in vegetable oil? i also read about turpentine being useful for extraction but i don't know...I'd love something easy..

Found some discussions on ResearchGate and they mention Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, DMSO, chloroform, but these are toxic or irritants.

I think the vegetable oil is the easiest and safest way. The person I asked told me this:

"If you want to <<melt>> the beeswax in your mouth, chew it with oleaginous seeds or bee pollen. I am waiting for your feedback :)"

I haven't followed up with him because I don't have any wax available at the moment.

But there might be something to this, since he asked for my feedback and expected it to be positive. In the past he advised me to chew raw propolis with oleaginous seeds or nuts to release more fat solubles and other bioactive compounds.

Mufasa

For the last 15+ years I've been in contact with many researchers in the apitherapy field and I've been consuming bee products regularly. There is also a government funded institute in my country dedicated to research into apitherapy that dates back to the 1930's.

After reading the policosanol threads here, I asked a few people in this field about therapeutic uses of beeswax. They said that its use is usually limited to topical preparations, and they advised against ingesting it because it can accumulate in the intestine, especially if one has enlarged diverticula. However, the 1-2 grams you are averaging is likely safe.

They were however less knowledgeable of the policosanols in beeswax and their possible therapeutic effects. Their focus of research is on the common products - propolis, royal jelly, bee venom, pollen. But there seems to be quite a bit of research published, especially on a standardized product called D-002 (Beeswax Alcohols) later renamed to Abexol. It was shown to be very gastroprotective as well as benefiting joint health and reducing lipid peroxidation. It is also a dual COX/5-LOX inhibitor with higher affinity for 5-LOX.

Have you read about any methods to extract the policosanols from beeswax without requiring special lab equipment? Would they be soluble in alcohol for example?
So probably Abexol contains just policosanols portion from beeswax then?

About the risks of beeswax, good to know that it can accumulate in the intestine, but would that not only apply if you take raw beeswax? I can hardly imagine that this would happen if you dissolve it in another oil such as coconut oil, cocoa butter, olive oil etc. so that it melts at body temperature.

Inaut

@Mufasa I've sent that question to Ray and asked Timpone to ask Ray on the next show. I'll post his response once I receive it.

yerrag

I melt it together in a 10% beeswax, 40% coconut oil, 40% cocoa butter mixture. I eat now around 20-30 grams of that a day.
I was wondering why no one asked what the rest - 10% - was. Either I missed something that was posted, or there was an ingredient missing. Does it matter if I just assumed 45% coconut oil and 45% cocoa butter?

I'm gonna follow your method, and add vitamin E to it. The original Vitamin E has policosanols in it, and this would give me Original Vitamin E I hope.

I already bought policosanols from PureBulk, but getting it mixed in solution with Vitamin E would be difficult, and incorporating beeswax for its policosanol is the answer to it.

Jam

I've been eating a tablespoon or two of honeycomb daily for the past few months, I just spread it, wax and all, on a small slice of sourdough with some butter, digests like a charm. A bit expensive though...

yerrag