Mufasa

Thanks,you didnt experience any of the benefitsyou listed when you swallowed raw beeswax on its own?did you experience an improvement in smell and vision?my color vision and smell were the best they ever have been the day after i ate the comb
Thanks,you didnt experience any of the benefitsyou listed when you swallowed raw beeswax on its own?did you experience an improvement in smell and vision?my color vision and smell were the best they ever have been the day after i ate the comb
I never really swallowed raw beeswax. At first I chewed it together with white chocolate, to “desaturate” it in my mouth basically, which allows it to melt and swallow it.

I did experience improvements in color vision both when chewed together with chocolate as well as melted together with other oils.

Nomane Euger

I never really swallowed raw beeswax. At first I chewed it together with white chocolate, to “desaturate” it in my mouth basically, which allows it to melt and swallow it.

I did experience improvements in color vision both when chewed together with chocolate as well as melted together with other oils.
do you have a guess on how it caused the color vision improvement?

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

do you have a guess on how it caused the color vision improvement?
Brighter colors and wider vision are often experienced with dopaminergic substances .

Inaut

So nano soma uses an ultrasonic (or sonic) device to make the nano emulsion?

Inaut

Aspirin and policosanols is an awesome stack...

Might be a good idea for clotting issues.

Last edited:

dukesbobby777

All this amazing talk yet it has no effects whatsoever from what I can ascertain with the pure bulk product that I’ve got. The product I’ve got is either trash or this supplement is just snake oil placebo.

Mufasa

All this amazing talk yet it has no effects whatsoever from what I can ascertain with the pure bulk product that I’ve got. The product I’ve got is either trash or this supplement is just snake oil placebo.

For me, 1g of beeswax works super anti inflammatory, I think I like it even better than progesterone or aspirin, but this could also be related to the very long chain fatty acids content of beeswax.

My father (68) has been applying a beeswax mixture on his hands, and some of his cancerous spots disappeared, and others have become softer.

Do you take the policosanol with a fatty meal? I can imagine less is absorbed if you dont mix it with fat.

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

For me, 1g of beeswax works super anti inflammatory, I think I like it even better than progesterone or aspirin, but this could also be related to the very long chain fatty acids content of beeswax.

My father (68) has been applying a beeswax mixture on his hands, and some of his cancerous spots disappeared, and others have become softer.

Do you take the policosanol with a fatty meal? I can imagine less is absorbed if you dont mix it with fat.
Your father has skin cancer? A friend of mine does , I might suggest that to him ..

Mufasa

Your father has skin cancer? A friend of mine does , I might suggest that to him ..
He had skin cancer, but that was removed, however, he had some hard spot on his skin, that the doctor said could become skin cancer. Those disappeared or became softer from a 10% beeswax mixture (40% coconut oul, 40% cocoa butter).

Inaut

Orange peel wax might be worth trying for various skin conditions and even hair loss..???

Mufasa

I have tried to compare tocovit and policasonol concentrate from sugar wax and beeswax in similar policosanol dosages, but my beeswax results are much more spectacular than using the other 2.

My guess is that the very-long-chain fatty acids (>=C22) are very pro metabolic. I ordered pracaxi oil:
1623304727715.png

And caouacu butter:

1623304840876.png

To see what the effects of those are.

miquelangeles

I have tried to compare tocovit and policasonol concentrate from sugar wax and beeswax in similar policosanol dosages, but my beeswax results are much more spectacular than using the other 2.

My guess is that the very-long-chain fatty acids (>=C22) are very pro metabolic. I ordered pracaxi oil:
View attachment 24149
And caouacu butter:

View attachment 24150

To see what the effects of those are.
What kind of beeswax are you taking?
Is it a purified supplement?
Have you tried chewing a honey comb until it dissolves in the mouth, would it give the same effects?

Mufasa

This is the product I use:
1623306894179.png

I melt it together in a 10% beeswax, 40% coconut oil, 40% cocoa butter mixture. I eat now around 20-30 grams of that a day.
Have you tried chewing a honey comb until it dissolves in the mouth, would it give the same effects?
Honeycomb doesn't dissolve in the mouth as beeswax has a melting point of 60 degrees. I have tried eating raw beeswax, but I couldn't swallow it. I can swallow raw honeycomb more easily, I'm not totally sure if it gave the same effect, as I used the mixture the same day I ate honeycomb.

miquelangeles

View attachment 24151

I melt it together in a 10% beeswax, 40% coconut oil, 40% cocoa butter mixture. I eat now around 20-30 grams of that a day.

Honeycomb doesn't dissolve in the mouth as beeswax has a melting point of 60 degrees. I have tried eating raw beeswax, but I couldn't swallow it. I can swallow raw honeycomb more easily, I'm not totally sure if it gave the same effect, as I used the mixture the same day I ate honeycomb.
Thanks. The cocoa butter I use is in pellets of the same shape and color.
I used to eat honeycomb often and felt benefits for throat and stomach but I wasn’t paying attention to other effects on sleep, mood, hormones etc. I’m going to give it another try, as well as purified beeswax.
The honeycomb usually turns into something like chewing gum, and after several hours of chewing it will dissolve and turn into a fine grain form that is eventually swallowed gradually.

miquelangeles

View attachment 24151

If you are into bee products, I recommend you try a high dose of fresh frozen bee pollen, left overnight in a solution of warm water with proteolytic enzymes (dissolve several capsules of bromelain/papain or other enzyme complex, ideally one which contains pectinase as well). The pollen grain is protected by a very tough layer that cannot be digested (some manufacturers mechanically break the cell wall to release nutrients but I believe it increases oxidation, and fresh pollen with enzymes is way more effective).
By hydrating the pollen you trick it into germinating, especially if you add a teaspoon of sugar and a capsule of boron supplement. The germination pores are the weakest part of the pollen grain, and they are made of cellulose and pectin, that’s why an enzyme complex with pectinase and cellulase is best.
If you leave it overnight, in the morning you can run it through a high speed blender and the nutrients will be released from the grains, then let it rest for 15 minutes and the empty shells will settle on the bottom just like the starch in the potato juice. Drink it with a straw without ingesting the shells, as those can be irritating to the intestine if consumed in excess.
It is very energizing and anti-fatigue. A great source of polyphenols and B vitamins, as well as free amino acids.

@miquelangeles

Do you know about how fermenting the bee pollen in water affects the digestibility? Pollen in water (without chlorine) in good proportions (about a few tablespoons of pollen per quart of water, in my experience) will ferment. Honey doesn't need to be added. Letting that ferment until the fermentation isn't noticeable anymore -- about a few days at ~70 F -- makes a tiny bit alcoholic tangy drink. It's opaque yellow, and some stuff settles to the bottom. I've drank that with the pollen sediment stuff mixed up in it, and digestion of it felt good and I generally felt very good after drinking it. It felt very healthy, one of the healthiest-feeling things I've eaten.

Here's some of where I learned about ways to improve the pollen's digestibility.

Pollen: Production, Nutrition, and Health: A Review by Stefan Bogdanov

On page 10 of the PDF:

"...there are many studies in humans with whole bee pollen (see next section) showing that a part of the bee pollen content is digested and is bioavailable. However, maceration of pollen for several hours in water or other liquids is recommended in order to improve digestibility...

...Also Remy Chauvin carried many of his rat nurtrition experiments after maceration of pollen with water for several hours and subsequent filtration, that means without the water insoluble pollen (see below). In the book on pollen by the Ukrainian pharmacist Tikhonov and his team, many active pollen preparations were also made from the water soluble supernatant after pollen maceration with water (see further down Ukrainian pollen preparations against different diseases [on page 22 of the PDF]). Thus is seems that many of the bioactive substances of pollen are easily released from the pollen.

After pollen has reached the human digestive tract the pollen grain begins to swell. Due to the uptake of water they increase in size and are enzymatically activated. The material contained in pollen wall break up and materials (enzymes and allergens) leak out. This leads to structures similar to the pollen tube.

The exines of the pollen corn cannot be decomposed in the gastrointestinal tract as very few animals and microorganisms are enzymatically capable of disintegrating the highly resistant sporopollenin which makes up the pollen grain wall. Thus, only the pollen content in the submicroscopic area of the pollen wall can be utilized as foodstuff."

The italics part sounds like your blender method.

On page 25 of the PDF:

"Pollen Intake

...For improving pollen digestibility place pollen in water overnight. Good chewing or milling of pollen before administering improves the digestibility too...

Cracked pollen and pollen extracts

...Cracking of pollen increases its digestibility. Bee pollen extraction improves the antioxidant activity. Best extraction is achieved with ethanol. Maceration with water increases the pollen digestibility, for several hours or overnight.

It was found that ethanol extracts of pepsin-digested pollen have a higher antioxidant effect than ethanol extracts of normal pollen; pepsin-digested pollen had the lowest antioxidant effect
."

You said bromelain, papain, and pectinase are good for breaking the cell wall. Where did you learn that? Why pectinase? Do you know if fermentation could be as good as pectinase?

Last edited:

miquelangeles

@863127

Glad to meet another pollen connoisseur :):

I am familiar with the PDF you linked.

I often hydrated it for 24 hrs forgetting about it, and yes it would ferment, especially during summer when temperatures were higher. It was tangy and pleasant, but I never tried longer fermentations on purpose. You probably experimented with bee bread as well, which is fermented pollen inoculated with enzymes and bacteria from bees saliva. Fresh pollen is naturally colonized by microbes and fungi in particular, which makes it so susceptible to fermentation. If you search the literature, there is some concern about mycotoxin contamination of fresh pollen supplements, as the fungi will start growing very fast. But I don't think the fermented drink is dangerous though. Maybe by adding a little bit of sugar (even if normally not necessary) it will shift the fermentation to more harmless yeasts.

Have you tried different mono-floral varieties? They all have different ratios of B vitamins and amino acids, and different polyphenols, and they feel different. Willow tree, hawthorn, plum tree, wild rose, chestnut tree, apple tree etc.

Also, I noticed that each method of extraction or administration will produce different effects. For example, if you ingest the pollen as it is, the effects will take longer to be noticeable, up to 24 hours, or a few days of repeated administrations. Because it has to swell, possibly germinate in the intestine if conditions allow, and get metabolized by the bacteria in the colon and here it will depend on the existing flora. There's even a debate on how the bees digest the pollen, and what species of bacteria are involved in degrading the exine, or whether it germinates in the bees gut.
Ingesting it as it is will act locally and reduce inflammation in the colon, the wild mountain rose pollen in particular, which is bright yellow.
On the other hand, if I use the enzymatic method and consume the liquid without the empty shells - the effect is immediate, a burst of energy.
There is an oily fraction as well, you will notice it raises at the top if you use a higher amount such as 80-100g.

There are studies using papain, bromelain and other proteolytic enzymes to disrupt the cell wall and create hydrolysates.
You can also find a lot of good information on google patents. A lot of the studies are actually made by the Chinese.
I haven't seen studies using pectinase or cellulase, but the germination pores are made of cellulose and pectin and I was able to find enzyme supplements containing both.
Pepsin is often added too, and I noticed stronger effects when I used an enzyme complex that had pepsin in it. Unfortunately it also contained a little bit of ox bile, which had a weird smell and I stopped using it. I didn't get a chance to buy pepsin separately.

I don't know if fermentation is as good as pectinase. Not sure if pectinase is actually necessary if you soak it properly and add some kind of proteolytic enzymes.
When fresh, the pollen itself contains a lot of enzymes too, so it might just be enough to soak it in water. I noticed the enzymes activity when mixing it with fresh milk - it would curdle. And I don't think it was due to any acidic property. It could also be that the enzymes are of fungal origin.

Edited to add: The spore forming bacteria from the bacillus genus are usually the ones able to enzymatically degrade the wall. So taking such probiotic along with fresh pollen could enhance its effects.

Last edited:

Inaut

Mixing orange peel wax with mct is a real winner. It absorbs much quicker and is great for the skin. Still waiting for Georgi to talk more about the wax.... Georgi...??

Mufasa

Mixing orange peel wax with mct is a real winner. It absorbs much quicker and is great for the skin. Still waiting for Georgi to talk more about the wax.... Georgi...??

Did you also try to ingest it?