Inaut

Ran across this interesting podcast interviewing Richard Presser, where he talks about policosanol and various things like regulating the vitamin D receptor, etc. I have no claims or opinions on this, I just thought it would be an FYI for those interested in policosanol, in fact, I haven't even gone through the whole thing. Apparently, he has a product as well, that he talks about.
I liked the story about the sugar cane being thrown into a lake in India which resulted in a very clean lake. More folklore/anecdotal but I think there's something to it. I'm really looking forward to testing out policosanols, just waiting on the order. I'm on a kick with lanolin atm which also contains very long fatty acids. Something going on here..

Dave Clark

Hi. New here but curious what kind of scale you use? or which one you can recommend. I have been putting my supps into gelatin capsule but there are some that I could really use a scale for accuracy. I've been sorta in a search for a good scale. Thanks.
I have this scale, and it has been working good with no issues for the past couple of years. Nootropic Depot sells quality stuff.

V

valdz

I have this scale, and it has been working good with no issues for the past couple of years. Nootropic Depot sells quality stuff.
Thanks! & thanks for the prompt response.

Inaut

Not trying to be too graphic but for the first time since I was a teenager.... I had morning wood all night and even after waking up this morning it remained. I’m in my early 30s so it was a good experience to have. Not sure if it’s directly related to taking 20mg before bed or if my metabolism is just getting better overall but something is working for me now :)

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

Not trying to be too graphic but for the first time since I was a teenager.... I had morning wood all night and even after waking up this morning it remained. I’m in my early 30s so it was a good experience to have. Not sure if it’s directly related to taking 20mg before bed or if my metabolism is just getting better overall but something is working for me now :)
I had the same experience last year when I started it . Georgi recently talked about that having morning wood is a good measure for T and DHT in males .

Grapelander

Octacosanol restores stress-affected sleep in mice by alleviating stress

Results showed that octacosanol did not change rapid eye movement (REM) or non-REM (NREM) sleep compared to vehicle in normal mice. However, in cage change experiment, octacosanol induces significant increase in NREM sleep at doses of 100 and 200 mg/kg (75.7 ± 14.9 and 82.7 ± 9.3 min/5 h) compared to vehicle (21.2 ± 5.1 min/5 h), and decreased sleep latency. Octacosanol induced sleep by increasing number of sleep episodes and decreasing wake episode duration. Plasma corticosterone levels were significantly reduced after octacosanol (200 mg/kg) administration, suggesting a decrease in stress level. Octacosanol-induced changes in sleep-wake parameters in stressed-mice were comparable to the values in normal mice. Together, these data clearly showed that, though octacosanol does not alter normal sleep, it clearly alleviates stress and restore stress-affected sleep.

Grapelander

Octacosanol Attenuates Disrupted Hepatic Reactive Oxygen Species Metabolism Associated with Acute Liver Injury Progression in Rats Intoxicated with Carbon Tetrachloride

Octacosanol (50 or 100 mg/kg) administered to untreated rats decreased the hepatic lipid peroxide (LPO) concentration and increased the hepatic glutathione (GSH) concentration. These results indicate that octacosanol attenuates disrupted hepatic reactive oxygen species metabolism associated with acute liver injury progression in CCl4-intoxicated rats.
...rats treated with octacosanol are more resistant to lipid peroxidation induced by Fe2+/ADP/NADPH or carbon tetrachloride (CCl4)/NADPH than liver microsomes from untreated rats.

Dave Clark

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IG8WVUTl5E4

the first 12 minutes are tough to listen to FYI...

Interesting stuff. I am a curious person, and even though my mind is telling me this product is bunk, I can't help but wonder if it can do some of the things purported. I would try it just for the heck of it, but I can't wrap my head around the price tag. If anyone has used it, leave some feedback.

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

Interesting stuff. I am a curious person, and even though my mind is telling me this product is bunk, I can't help but wonder if it can do some of the things purported. I would try it just for the heck of it, but I can't wrap my head around the price tag. If anyone has used it, leave some feedback.
I haven't watched the video, but let me guess its some micronized nano version of it ,which has 5 times the price tag ?
What do they claim it can do ?

Inaut

I haven't watched the video, but let me guess its some micronized nano version of it ,which has 5 times the price tag ?
What do they claim it can do ?
It’s the secret to detoxification, cellular repair, longevity and renewal essentially. Fixes vitamin d receptor. Helps the body regenerate vitamin c etc. Pretty much the same that’s been said in previous interviews... I’ll still with the regular policosanol though. Doing me just fine.

Mufasa

Im taking now around 1 gram of beeswax (mixed with cocao butter/coconut oil in a 10% beeswax mixture) a day, but Im thinking of increasing the dosage.

1 gram of (yellow) beeswax not only contains 5.2 mg of policosanol, it also contains very rare long-chain fatty acids:

lignoceric acid (C24) 10 mg
cerotic acid (C26) 44mg
montanic acid (C28) 26mg
melissic acid (C30) 20mg

Inaut

Im taking now around 1 gram of beeswax (mixed with cocao butter/coconut oil in a 10% beeswax mixture) a day, but Im thinking of increasing the dosage.

1 gram of (yellow) beeswax not only contains 5.2 mg of policosanol, it also contains very rare long-chain fatty acids:

cerotic acid (C26) 44mg
montanic acid (C28) 26mg
melissic acid (C30) 20mg
Notice anything in particular?

Mufasa

Notice anything in particular?

Higher morning temperature (still not optimal, around 36.5 now)
Higher maximum temperature during day (sometimes even reaching 37.5 now without warm shower).
Better able to “perceive” the world.
Less red eyes.
Less inflammation around lungs.

Overall, I think it feels like Im more “untouchable”. I guess which comes from less low grade inflammation in the skin (sensitive skin). I do notice that is much harder to burn the skin from hot water. I also noticed this effect from tocovit.

Saturated fats, and very long chain saturated fats/ policosanol in particular, are probably one of the only “anti-oxidants” that dont lower oxidative phosphorylation in any way.

Last edited:

Nomane Euger

Higher morning temperature (still not optimal, around 36.5 now)
Higher maximum temperature during day (sometimes even reaching 37.5 now without warm shower).
Better able to “perceive” the world.
Less red eyes.
Less inflammation around lungs.

Overall, I think it feels like Im more “untouchable”. I guess which comes less low grade inflammation, sensitvity from the skin. Saturated fats, and very long chain saturated fats/ policosanol in particular, are probably one of the only “anti-oxidants” that dont lower oxidative phosphorylation in any way.
does the quantity you ate contain a substantial amount of policosanols?,i once ate like 500 grammes of honey comb,i felt like i took some psychedlics substances

Mufasa

does the quantity you ate contain a substantial amount of policosanols?,i once ate like 500 grammes of honey comb,i felt like i took some psychedlics substances

See this table:

1622201410083.png

So 1 gram of beeswax (1/4 tsp) has around 5mg of policosanol. It also contains 100mg of fatty acids which are all very long chain saturated fatty acids:

cerotic acid (C26) 44mg
montanic acid (C28) 26mg
melissic acid (C30) 20mg

Those may have similar effects as policosanol on preventing lipid peroxidation.

I mix pure (yellow looking) beeswax with other fats to lower the melting point. Pure beeswax has a melting point of 60 degree celcius, so it wont melt when warming it up in your mouth. I think it probably wont digest that well when not mixing it with other fats. At least when I chew pure beeswax, my body gives me clear signs that this is something to chew on, not to actually swallow.

So I melt 40% cocoa butter, 40% coconut oil, 10% beeswax together and take a teaspoon of that 3 times a day. 3 teaspoon has 15 gram of fat, 1.5g of beeswax, 8mg of policosanol and 150mg of very long chain saturated fatty acids.

Nomane Euger

See this table:

View attachment 23833

So 1 gram of beeswax (1/4 tsp) has around 5mg of policosanol. It also contains 100mg of fatty acids which are all very long chain saturated fatty acids:

cerotic acid (C26) 44mg
montanic acid (C28) 26mg
melissic acid (C30) 20mg

Those may have similar effects as policosanol on preventing lipid peroxidation.

I mix pure (yellow looking) beeswax with other fats to lower the melting point. Pure beeswax has a melting point of 60 degree celcius, so it wont melt when warming it up in your mouth. I think it probably wont digest that well when not mixing it with other fats. At least when I chew pure beeswax, my body gives me clear signs that this is something to chew on, not to actually swallow.

So I melt 40% cocoa butter, 40% coconut oil, 10% beeswax together and take a teaspoon of that 3 times a day. 3 teaspoon has 15 gram of fat, 1.5g of beeswax, 8mg of policosanol and 150mg of very long chain saturated fatty acids.
Thanks,you didnt experience any of the benefitsyou listed when you swallowed raw beeswax on its own?did you experience an improvement in smell and vision?my color vision and smell were the best they ever have been the day after i ate the comb