AJA

Uhh so when is a good time to take?
At night before bed?
I like to take it at bedtime. However, I usually have snack right before bed like nuts mixed in olive oil. I have yet to see anything solid in the literature regarding when is best.

AJA

Thanks.

I don't feel anything at all with the high blood pressure. No headache. No nothing. I have no health needs but health wants, definitely haha.

But I know this is just an adaptation by my body, and sooner or later, I will pay the price so I'm giving it my full attention and not waiting for the bridge to come to me.
In addition to what you are doing, I wonder if you would be a good candidate for Biofeedback to help with learning how to lower the blood pressure.
I treated high blood pressure professionally using Biofeedback in private practice (in another life ?) and saw good results in helping individuals learn to lower their blood pressure and get off medications. At that time, the research showed up to 80 efficacy and so often the insurance companies would cover the cost, at least here in the USA.
Best regards!

Last edited:

AJA

Ironically, the Q10 seems to lower the blood pressure and so I dialed it down to 100 mg at dinner and 10 mg of policosanol at bedtime. Will see how this goes over a long period of time. So far so good.

AJA

very interesting thread. The husband of someone I used to take art classes with was taking Policosanols. He was using something he would purchase in Miami and it was from Cuban Sugar Cane. No I dont know how they brought it to Miami from Cuba. He used it to lose weight and feel stronger; it seemed to work. I dont know anymore about it except that when I was a kid we could purchase sugar cane at the local small food store. It was very enjoyable and not sold around here these days.

PS. after I totally stopped eating any starch I was never (am never) constipated. Also, high doses of ascorbic acid will help most people with constipation if they take AA daily. Hope you feel better.
Agree with the Vitamin C. Also, I have found magnesium helpful.

Dr. B

Agree with the Vitamin C. Also, I have found magnesium helpful.
i think ill be going with the swansons policanosol capsules. i havent found any other brands without filler ingredients, do you have any capsule brands you recommend.
its a 20mg dosage, and I would be using one capsule every other day, alongside some b vitamins and maybe caffeine. im curious what these policasanol supplements are sourced from, it seems they have to be sourced from beets or wheat germ or sugar cane, which means theyre likely relatively safe, since thankfully, they havent figured out, or it isnt possible to source policosanols from mold or fungus like they do with citric acid.

Dr. B

GorillaHead

from amazon reviews

Top critical review​

All critical reviews

Jimbo

1.0 out of 5 starsBuyer Beware
Reviewed in the United States on September 23, 2019
The label used to say Healthy Cholesterol Metabolism. Now, probably due to FDA pressure, NOW added "when already in a healthy range". If you read the research on this product you will find that all the positive studies were done in Cuba by the manufacturer of the product. Independent studies have found absolutely no basis for the claims made. As for those who see changes in their Cholesterol levels after taking it, Cholesterol levels are always fluctuating. NOW changed it's label to reflect that there wasn't a shred of evidence to support the claims that it did anything to your cholesterol.

how true is this?

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

from amazon reviews

Top critical review​

All critical reviews

Jimbo

1.0 out of 5 starsBuyer Beware
Reviewed in the United States on September 23, 2019
The label used to say Healthy Cholesterol Metabolism. Now, probably due to FDA pressure, NOW added "when already in a healthy range". If you read the research on this product you will find that all the positive studies were done in Cuba by the manufacturer of the product. Independent studies have found absolutely no basis for the claims made. As for those who see changes in their Cholesterol levels after taking it, Cholesterol levels are always fluctuating. NOW changed it's label to reflect that there wasn't a shred of evidence to support the claims that it did anything to your cholesterol.

how true is this?
I think the cholesterol lowering is the least important part of this product.

GorillaHead

I think the cholesterol lowering is the least important part of this product.
okay good,, today was the first day I used it, i had some gas but very very minor, stool were decently formed, its possible it gave me more energy than usual. took 100mg from sugar cane

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

okay good,, today was the first day I used it, i had some gas but very very minor, stool were decently formed, its possible it gave me more energy than usual. took 100mg from sugar cane
100mg is a lot!

yerrag

In addition to what you are doing, I wonder if you would be a good candidate for Biofeedback to help with learning how to lower the blood pressure.
I treated high blood pressure professionally using Biofeedback in private practice (in another life ?) and saw good results in helping individuals learn to lower their blood pressure and get off medications. At that time, the research showed up to 80 efficacy and so often the insurance companies would cover the cost, at least here in the USA.
Best regards!
Thanks, and sorry for the late reply.

I believe many people can be helped by bio-feedback, but I am not one of them. My situation is grounded by chronic low-grade infection, and bio-feedback won't deal with bacteria effectively. Thank you though.

V

valdz

Yerrag, have you ever compared your BP machine to a manual cuff? Just curious if there would be a difference.

Dr. B

youre using the NOW brand?
i was going to get swansons 20mg
its pretty cheap, you can get 360 capsules of 20mg for like $20

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Nano Soma definitely makes me oily.

yerrag

Yerrag, have you ever compared your BP machine to a manual cuff? Just curious if there would be a difference.
yes have also asked other people to use my BP unit. My BP is that high but it's because everyone else takes medication and so people are used to lower BP readings.

Last edited:

DonLore

Guys! I figured out maybe the easiest way to get policosanols. Simply chew the beeswax with bee pollen, and it melts in seconds, instead of 30-90 minutes. Plus you get the benefits of beepollen and maybe some additional synergy

V

valdz

yes have also asked other people to use my BP unit. My BP is that high but it's because everyone else takes medication and so people are used to lower BP readings.
I see. B/c I've compared automatic bp machine with manual on people and there's always some difference in reading. The auto is not always accurate. Best way is manual cuff + stethoscope. Thanks.

mamakitty

I would recommend people with PFS to stay well clear of these. I posted a study showing it inhibited 5AR and my own experience is that taking 20 MG orally (the PureBulk product) gave me quite obvious symptoms of inhibition. Brain fog, headache, derealization and spaced out all day. Topically also increased nipple sensitivity.

First heard about these policosanols on the hair loss board and after trying them, was quite surprised that people here were so enthusiastic about it. Not for me.
What is PFS?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals