The Physiology Of Willpower: Linking Blood Glucose To Self-Control

OP
S
Do you think (looking at some spiritual meditators) that the amount is not an issue as much as the control of it?

Wilfrid

Such_Saturation said:
Do you think (looking at some spiritual meditators) that the amount is not an issue as much as the control of it?

May be if one's body endocrine system ( adrenal, liver, kidneys, thyroid ect....) is working perfectly and if exposure to stress is minimal ( as well as the avoidance of pyruvate deshydrogenase inhibiting substances), the endogenous control of glucose is probably more important than the ingested amount.
However, when someone is dealing with serious health conditions ( cancer, auto-immune diseases , diabetes, allergies, food intolerance ect....), which all, more or less, involves sugar metabolism dysfunction, the amount of exogenous glucose can be far more important than the control of it. Life is basically the correct use of glucose and oxygen.
Ray often mentionned Pierre-Adolphe Piorry, a french doctor, and his therapeutic use of sugar for diabetic people. P-A Piorry wrote a book ( " La médecine du bon sens " in 1868 ) in which he described his clinical practice of using up to 600 grams of sugar ( without any use, in 1868 to 1900, of any vitamins and/or minerals) to treat diabetic patients with great success. An english doctor, William Budd, also got the same results with the use of therapeutic amount of sugar. Serious metabolic disorder often involve cachexia and a generous supply of sugar could be extremely healing and therapeutic as to spare metabolic breakdown of proteins and adipose tissues.
However, Ray also often said that a healthy liver should be able to sustain at least 12-15h of glycogen ( cf Peatit's post on " breakfast " ) supply...and that he eat himself only 2 meals per day with just coffee and milk in between.
My guess is: if you improve your metabolism and hormonal system, the amount of ingested glucose would probably be less important than the control of it; if you are sick and/or suffering from hormonal imbalance, the reverse could probably change your life/health as long as you should probably consider, nowadays, all the s****y stuff that could interfere with the proper and effective use of glucose...... and this is a very, very tricky and perillous road to recovery.

OP
S
Yes, but I just don't see a Tibetan monk eating a real lot before engaging in his practice. It's peculiar.

Wilfrid

You're right.
Often, but not always, those spiritual meditators are sharing the same geographical, social and physical patterns.
One is altitude ( and S.W. Tromp in his book described it fairly well ) :the thyroid function can be improve up to 35% on high altitude.
Two is: proper use of respiration techniques.
Three is: frugality and, often, food quality.
Four is a ( but not for all unfortunately, as some are dealing with persecution ) stress-free environment.
Five is the absence of " medical care".
Six is ( not for all of them) the use of mammal's milk ( goat, cow ect....) and the choose of a vegetarian diet ( eggs, honey, vegetables ect...)
I think that all the above reasons could provide some useful insights.

OP
S
Gerald Pollack thinks that energy from exclusion zone water (for example, freshly melted water) might be behind the super-long fasts.

Wilfrid

That's interesting, I didn't know about that.
You will have to explain the whole mechanism to me because I don't have the slightest clue about it.....

OP
S
The layered structure of EZ water implies a certain amount of charge separation, and this is obvious when you think that applying a charge (such as a surface) will create these layers. I guess he figures that when you put that EZ water inside of you, you either use the charges from the breakdown of those layers or you save energy because you don't have to structure that water when it goes inside you.

Wilfrid

Such_Saturation said:
The layered structure of EZ water implies a certain amount of charge separation, and this is obvious when you think that applying a charge (such as a surface) will create these layers. I guess he figures that when you put that EZ water inside of you, you either use the charges from the breakdown of those layers or you save energy because you don't have to structure that water when it goes inside you.

Much like some kind of photosynthesis?
To get some kind of useful energy from light's photons loaded water?

OP
S
Wilfrid said:
Such_Saturation said:

Much like some kind of photosynthesis?
To get some kind of useful energy from light photons loaded water?

He does say that infrared light can induce the EZ state. Also it seems to push blood cells through our capillaries.

Wilfrid

Thanks again, Such_.
That's make sense. I guess I will have to read Pollack's work on water. :D
Do you think that's possible to create such kind of EZ water at home with the correct use of infrared light?
When Pollack spoke about infrared light, did he make reference to the same wavelenght that activate the cytochrome-C-oxidase pathway?

mt_dreams

Great discussion!
and thanks for the link s_s, I drink up Pollack info.

We need more than just Pollack promoting this stuff. Does anyone know of others in academia discussing ideologies similar to pollack?

for anyone who prefers to read info than listen to interviews, there's a summary of interview s_s posted.

http://selfhacked.com/2015/05/22/interv ... al-health/

sm1693

You guys are like the new version of the Tibetan monk: instead of speaking in parables of reality to teach lessons, you speak in terms of reality itself.

OP
S
Well I started noticing that reality gives us enough parables as it is :ss

OP
S
Yes, it probably occupies the water so it doesn't interact with itself much.

sm1693

I stated in a different thread that I believed that health effects from consuming the juice sucked from whole fruit is noticeably different from the pasteurized juice sitting on unrefrigerated store shelves. I couldn't explain why the health effect is different. I could only feel the difference after months of doing each method.

The scientific explanation may be that whole fruit contains EZ water and this type of water is destroyed in commercial juicing practices and/or pasteurization. Gerald Pollack mentions it in this interview:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=199&v=bvDoOlX9Fn0

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals