The Perils Of Tupperware - Best Alternative?

jaywills

In our estrogenic environment, the last thing we need is to be fueling the our estrogenic burden by eating out of plastic Tupperware.

What is safest product on the market that reduces exposure to BPA and other harmful plastics?

tara

I have found glass containers with plastic lids. I've had a couple break over the last 5 years, but they are reasonably strong, and I use them all the time for lunches, leftovers, etc. They can be frozen and microwaved and washed in the dishwasher.

mas

I rarely use the microwave oven, but if I do I never use any plastic container. Instead I use a ceramic bowl.

Cheese and other items from the supermarket are wrapped in cling wrap and I replace them with wax paper.

I also have glass containers and will be using them instead of the plastic when possible. If I do place something in a large tupperware container, I wrap the item in wax paper so as to not have direct contact with the plastic.

yoshiesque

you said:
yoshiesque said:
There is a podcast out by Chris Kresser showing exactly how bad BPA Free plastics are, now that BPA is not recommended. They use other cheaper plastics that are worse than BPA. I have linked the podcast below

http://chriskresser.com/what-the-plastics-industry-doesnt-want-you-to-know/

The best thing to do is go glass or stainless steel.

Chris Kresser is hardly a reliable source for anything... the guy is a retired acupuncturist.

You need to actually read the transcript of the podcast, before saying anything. He backs his stuff up with very reliable sources AND logically the statement makes sense. BPA Free does NOT imply that the other plastics used are safe.

I have to disagree with your views on CK. He may be an acupuncturist but he is very focused on integrative medicine. In fact none of his recommendations has anything to do with acupuncture or chinese medicine.

Also if you do your research you will find it is in line with quite a lot of peat recommendations. If RP did not exist, I would be following CK. He is constantly on the outlook for honest treatments. He is a firm believer on implementing whatever works, while doing the least arm.

While I agree RP is the top source for knowledge, you can still gain knowledge from others.

DaveFoster

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals