The perfect Peat food - French Bonne Maman biscuits - just flour,eggs and butter/coconut oil.

TheCodez

Say what you will about flour, but I've spent 2 decades searching for my personal optimal diet and now eat 1.5 cups of whole wheat flour daily. I can find no better performing carbohydrate.

Herbie

Say what you will about flour, but I've spent 2 decades searching for my personal optimal diet and now eat 1.5 cups of whole wheat flour daily. I can find no better performing carbohydrate.
Interesting experience, what else works for you?

TheCodez

Interesting experience, what else works for you?
Beef and / or beef tallow.
My daily dietary base consists of these little (pork free) sausage ball looking things that I make from 73% (fatty) beef, whole wheat flour, cheese, milk, gelatin, egg yolks, calcium, salt, baking soda, and potassium tartrate.
As long as I'm confessing my sins, I'll also note that I find an occasional bowl of lentils to be pretty benign and energetic.

Last edited:

DDRB

The taste is pleasant, and they are quality products.
But it's still processed and nutritionally deficient, you don't want to eat that all the time.

TheCodez

The taste is pleasant, and they are quality products.
But it's still processed and nutritionally deficient, you don't want to eat that all the time.
I grind my own wheat berries into flour. It's minimally processed and as far as flour goes it's definitely not nutritionally deficient.

mostlylurking

I think flour is OK if you can get it without glycosphate and gluten
If it's wheat, it's got gluten. If it's whole wheat, it's got PUFA and other plant toxins, plus fiber which will feed the gut bacteria and increase endotoxin. Ray Peat says that if you are high estrogen you are more likely to be gluten sensitive. As people age (both sexes) estrogen levels in the tissues increase.

Birdie

Not Peat food.

OP
johnwester130

johnwester130

gluten:

View: https://youtu.be/RgvJjE4w6qQ?t=3065

Also glyphosate unless it's organic flour.

If it's wheat, it's got gluten. If it's whole wheat, it's got PUFA and other plant toxins, plus fiber which will feed the gut bacteria and increase endotoxin. Ray Peat says that if you are high estrogen you are more likely to be gluten sensitive. As people age (both sexes) estrogen levels in the tissues increase.

The coconut oil stops the PUFA from entering the body and displaces and reduces the effect from endotoxin and plant toxins

mostlylurking

The coconut oil stops the PUFA from entering the body and displaces and reduces the effect from endotoxin and plant toxins
If you want to believe that and consume pufa and gluten, suit yourself. It's not something Ray Peat would recommend though and the title of your thread declares "The perfect Peat food". Peat probably would substitute organic powdered milk for the flour. That's what he uses in pancakes.

dukesbobby777

Not sure that's true. Coconut oil just dilutes PUFA in the bloodstream so the FFAs floating around in the blood aren't as PUFA concentrated. It doesn't stop PUFA being released from fat stores.