The Other Virus: Learned Helplessness

Grapelander

The Other Virus: Learned Helplessness
Why would any American allow the government to deny him a final goodbye to the person who raised him?
Why would anyone allow grandma to die untouched in a hospital room without fighting back?
In the post-vaccination era, why don’t people remove their masks? Learned helplessness, employed as a control tool.

Learned helplessness is well documented. It takes place when an individual believes he continuously faces a negative, uncontrollable situation and stops trying to improve his circumstances, even when he has the ability to do so. Discovering the loss of control elicits a passive reaction to a harmful situation. Psychologists call this a maladaptive response, characterized by avoidance of challenges and the collapse of problem-solving when obstacles arise. You give up trying to fight back.

Learned helplessness has three main features:
a passive response to trauma,
disbelief that trauma can be controlled,
and stress.

OP
Grapelander

Grapelander

the wetiko virus

This is interesting - thanks. Reminds me of Reich's "Emotional Plague".

johnwester130

this article is actually a little better

cjm

this article is actually a little better

Reich's prescription for the emotional plague was "intellectual detachment" until symptoms resolved -- he treated it like a disease:

"The acute attack of the plague is such a familiar phenomenon to me and to my circle of co-workers that we accept it as a matter of course and deal with it objectively. It is extremely important for students of orgone therapy to learn to perceive acute attacks of the plague in themselves before such attacks go too far, to know how to keep such attacks from getting the best of them, to prevent them from spreading into the social environment and causing damage there, and, by means of intellectual detachment, to wait until they pass. In this way, we succeed in keeping harmful effects in our cooperative work at a minimum. Sometimes such an attack cannot be dealt with and the afflicted person causes a certain amount of harm or even resigns. We take such misfortunes in the same way one would take the acute physical ailment or demise of a beloved colleague." link

...which Paul Levy is doing with wetiko:

"Before finding the name wetiko, I had been tracking this seeming entity and realized it was a self-perpetuating aberration of the human ego, so I called it “Malignant Egophrenia” (a.k.a., “ME disease”). The essence of ME disease is to mistakenly identify with a fictitious identity, a false version or imposter of ourselves, through which we become an impersonator of our true self (this is why wetiko is referred to as “the counterfeiting spirit” in The Apocryphal texts of The Bible). If we fall under the thrall of wetiko/ME disease, we unconsciously use the creative genius of our own mind to imprison ourselves into a limited, constricted identity in which we think—and compulsively recreate and endlessly reinforce the illusion—that we exist as a “separate self” that is alien to the rest of the universe. We then grasp onto this false identity, defending it at all costs, and yet, this “self” that we are protecting doesn’t even exist in the way we’ve been imagining it does. In essence, we are then investing—and wasting—our life-force in contracting against and obstructing our own light due to something that has no actual existence except in our imagination. This is simultaneously the cause and the effect of wetiko psychosis.

In this “self”-created and endlessly self-perpetuating process—which is both an expression of and results in not knowing who we truly are—we then try to find answers to our self-created problems that are the result of our disoriented viewpoint by looking outside of ourselves. This takes us away from both the source and solution of the problem, which is within ourselves. When this plays out not only within the individual, but collectively as a species, the whole thing becomes madness on an industrial scale, as we see evidenced all around us in the world today. The whole benighted project(ion) is not just sponsored by wetiko, it is the revelation of wetiko for those who have eyes to see."

Reich:

"The effects of the emotional plague can be seen in the human organism as well as in the life of society. Every so often, the emotional plague develops into an epidemic just like any other contagious disease, such as the bubonic plague or cholera. Epidemic outbreaks of the emotional plague become manifest in widespread and violent breakthroughs of sadism and criminality, on a small and large scale. One such epidemic outbreak was the Catholic Inquisition of the Middle Ages; the international fascism of the twenty century is another"

Last edited:

cjm

"The tragedy is that the virus operates in the shadows of our consciousness. We infect ourselves and others unknowingly. As Forbes writes, we’re conditioned by the disease through “authoritarian family structures,” “male dominance,” “subjugating women” and “extremely negative attitudes towards sex” – and on an ideological level, through “notions of racial and cultural superiority.”

Once stuck in this box, we mindlessly perpetuate the disease in our day-to-day interactions, by feeding off and into each other’s blind spots and pain points. As we project what we fear internally onto others or external events, we validate our fear while suppressing where it comes from. We believe danger to be outside of us, so we try to protect ourselves from it and, thereby, often act in ways that perpetuate the very danger we try to protect ourselves from. Jung describes this mechanism as “shadow projection.”

To the extent we’re unconsciously driven by fear, we become susceptible to manipulation. When millions of people project their unconscious shadows onto others, they conjure up the very danger everyone is trying to escape from. Wilhelm Reich made these dynamics explicit during the rise of Hitler (see his 1933 book, The Mass Psychology of Fascism) and they’re the premise of all totalitarian regimes to this day."

cjm

Great article, I like the bolded line in particular:

"The only other solution that armored humans had to deal with the problem of human destructiveness was to pull energy up from the body into the head and rely on the objective, not subjective, aspects of human life. This led to the age of enlightenment and the liberal thinkers in 18h century England. On the one hand, liberalism was a rational attempt to deal with the Catholic Church’s mystical view of the world and on the other, it was a hopelessly desperate attempt to deal with and control impulses from people’s secondary destructive layer (the emotional plague) by pulling energy from muscular armor into the brain. With liberalism, brain (ocular) armor intensified through the development of defensive intellectualism at the expense of muscular armor. One form of ocular armor (mysticism) was replaced by another equally destructive form (defensive intellectualism). From a characterological perspective, conservative thinking was replaced by liberal thinking."

cjm

Koch would prescribe quinones for a virus:

The SURVIVAL FACTOR In NEOPLASTIC AND VIRAL DISEASES

Koch was convinced animal protein was the main source of toxic amines but as I'm holding Ray's beer, he tells me it's the tryptophan, stupid!

"amines specifically, interfered with respiration, while quinones, with a high affinity for electrons, making them electron acceptors, activated respiration. The toxic effects of tryptophan derivatives, indoles, and other amines related to the behavior of their electrons.... (Serotonin wasn’t known at the time Koch was doing his basic research.) Koch believed that similar electronic functions were responsible for the effects of viruses."

Regina

The Cult of Darkness

Watch the embedded film too!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals