The world is screwed.

OP
S

Attachments

• Capture4 - Copy.PNG
    Capture4 - Copy.PNG
    56.3 KB · Views: 744

ThunderSpank

Shoot!!!!! I get nearly 70% of my calories from #1 and 0% from #3...... I'm surprised I'm not dead.....

answersfound

The author obviously hasn't heard of 80/10/10 mcdougall

artist

What a desperate way to try to construct a diet. I can't blame people for confusion but you can't piecemeal construct a diet based on a set of contradictory assumptions about the human body... It smacks of anorexia to try to follow veganism and paleo at the same time. On the other hand, added sugar isn't particularly good for you especially in the context of how most people eat. I personally avoid getting more than 200-300 cals from added sugar because of the "empty calories" reason although I hate that term

Nicholas

"Paleo and natural food folks point out that vegetables have been part of our diet since before we were officially humans. " our pre-human diet?

michael94

Nicholas said:
post 110864 "Paleo and natural food folks point out that vegetables have been part of our diet since before we were officially humans. " our pre-human diet?

Introducing the next lucrative diet trend: The single cell organism diet. Eliminate the complications of modern life and go back to your real roots. Everything you need to know is available for purchase on our website. Why not get a coach to make the transition smoother for you? also available for purchase.

Last edited by a moderator:

FredSonoma

I think for the most part, the only people I know that seem vibrantly healthy are young males, sometimes up to 25 or 30 (and rarely a female) who eat almost whatever they want. Fast food, candy, soda... the kind of people that shrug about it and say "always had a fast metabolism." Other than that... I'm hoping there are a lot of healthy Peaters out there haha but I've never met a Peater in person.

Nicholas

FredSonoma said:
post 110866 I think for the most part, the only people I know that seem vibrantly healthy are young males, sometimes up to 25 or 30 (and rarely a female) who eat almost whatever they want. Fast food, candy, soda... the kind of people that shrug about it and say "always had a fast metabolism." Other than that... I'm hoping there are a lot of healthy Peaters out there haha but I've never met a Peater in person.

Has Ray Peat always been healthy? Do we know that he is healthy currently? Does Ray Peat have a story, a life that he has experienced and learned from? Peaters are everywhere. Peaters perceive, think, and act. Peaters see that as the only valid protocol. I hate to quote the man. Some people want pictures and others want testimonials - some proof that they've found the diet to end all diets. Some people hang on the excitement of a new article, or a new food recommendation like mushrooms so they can know how to be human.

schultz

"The only disagreement on sugar is whether it’s bad for you, or really bad for you."

I had to laugh at this sensationalism.

People need to change the way they think about things. Instead of thinking "lots of sugar is bad" maybe people should think "not getting enough micro nutrients is bad". Simply put, too much pure sugar displaces vitamins and minerals in the diet. If I have a lot of pure sugar in a day or week I make sure other foods make up for it. Usually I just eat more liver.

But I guess that's too complicated for most people...

D

Derek

I'm not a big fan of anti-sugar propaganda, or having to follow some "set in stone" rules for constructing a diet. However, it's probably pretty healthy formulating a diet based off the recommendations in the article.

White rice, potatoes, fruit, meat, seafood/shellfish, cooked vegetables. No sugar or trans fat! Not really a bad diet. And, of course adding sugar wouldn't break the bank, but this diet can still be done without it. I've eaten this way for a while.

Also, this tends to be very high carb even without any refined/simple sugars in the diet!

Agent207

For lots of people, giving up sugar in forms of industrial crap, and having some vegetables and getting some depleted vitamins/minerals balanced from them, it could be a step up on their health. When you analyze this kind of articles, written for the mainstream, you have to put it in context and think about typical nutrition habits of the average joe, where undoubtedly these recommendations surely wll guide them for good.

Other than that, our particular perspective is bit more advanced, with a more solid foundation and deeper understanding of nutrition looking for the OPTIMAL, not just the acceptable. Lots of peoples habits are far under the acceptable and don't have a clue about nutrition let alone body physiology.

Don't forget you can have SUPER good health minimizing sugars and eating starches and vegetables, and you can have the opposite living on "sugars" and avoiding vegetables. Everything relies on the context.

In my opinion, in nutrition and as a general rule, the "source" is above the "kind".

tara

schultz said:
post 110883 "The only disagreement on sugar is whether it’s bad for you, or really bad for you."

I laughed at this too. Recommending <10% of cals as added sugar, or even 5%, is not exactly slating it as poison.

I was talking to a family member who shares that view that everyone agrees sugar is bad. 'If they all agree, there must be something to it.' (She's a high whole grain starch eater.) I mentioned the WHO's max 10% of cals as added sugar guideline, since she was referring to public authorities. She was really surprised about how high that was.

10% of cals should be at least 60g for most adults, and at least twice that for some. I dare say I eat more than this quite often - better than going hungry, but probably not optimal. I imagine it would usually be better to get the rest of one's sugars (and other carbs) from food that has minerals etc too, so it wouldn't seem an obviously unreasonable guideline, unless one has particular trouble with other carb sources.

The trouble is, the world is not organised to supply the world's people with good food.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals