The only pufa rich food I eat are eggs now

jnklheimer

I eat two whole supermarket eggs a day. I am wondering if I should switch the eggs out for awhile for some lean protein like tuna or chicken breast for to see if reducing the PUFA even further makes my health better.

Forsythia

I eat two whole supermarket eggs a day. I am wondering if I should switch the eggs out for awhile for some lean protein like tuna or chicken breast for to see if reducing the PUFA even further makes my health better.

Peat eats eggs even though they are high in PUFA. Perhaps cut back to 1 egg a day.

In the US, there is a widespread meat cult, that insists meat should be stored for two weeks before it's sold; it's convenient for the corporations that want everything to have an indefinitely long shelf-life, but it's bad for the public health. 150 years ago, when refrigeration was rare, the 'high' flavor of meat was considered to be good, and people who were used to eating the half rotten stuff shaped the meat culture, and people looked for a 'scientific' rationale for keeping meat in storage until it lost its fresh taste. The rationale is that it becomes tender, as the enzymes cause the meat to digest itself. That process starts after the glucose and glycogen in the muscle have been depleted, and the collagen and other proteins begin to be degraded. Besides losing the amino acid balance of fresh meat, the products include the cancer-promoting polyamines. Liver contains far more of the self-digesting enzymes than muscles do, and its glycogen is depleted in just a few hours. This is why liver in the US tastes so terrible. Since liver and eggs contain many of the same essential nutrients in high concentration, and eggs don't digest themselves, that's why I eat a few eggs in the US, despite their known high content of PUFA. When I can avoid the PUFA, I do; and in Mexico, liver and other meats aren't stored, except maybe in the supermarkets that serve foreigners." -Ray Peat

conrad0602

Peat eats eggs even though they are high in PUFA. Perhaps cut back to 1 egg a day.

In the US, there is a widespread meat cult, that insists meat should be stored for two weeks before it's sold; it's convenient for the corporations that want everything to have an indefinitely long shelf-life, but it's bad for the public health. 150 years ago, when refrigeration was rare, the 'high' flavor of meat was considered to be good, and people who were used to eating the half rotten stuff shaped the meat culture, and people looked for a 'scientific' rationale for keeping meat in storage until it lost its fresh taste. The rationale is that it becomes tender, as the enzymes cause the meat to digest itself. That process starts after the glucose and glycogen in the muscle have been depleted, and the collagen and other proteins begin to be degraded. Besides losing the amino acid balance of fresh meat, the products include the cancer-promoting polyamines. Liver contains far more of the self-digesting enzymes than muscles do, and its glycogen is depleted in just a few hours. This is why liver in the US tastes so terrible. Since liver and eggs contain many of the same essential nutrients in high concentration, and eggs don't digest themselves, that's why I eat a few eggs in the US, despite their known high content of PUFA. When I can avoid the PUFA, I do; and in Mexico, liver and other meats aren't stored, except maybe in the supermarkets that serve foreigners." -Ray Peat
Solid info, thanks for this ?

baccheion

2 cups orange juice, 4 cups 1% milk, 1 large egg, and some salt. 1 meal. Repeat as needed. Maybe 4x/day. Liver or oysters 1x/week.

Many waste the egg shell membrane. It is collagenous. Glucosamine, chondroitin, and hyaluronic acid. May need to be boiled/cleaned and crushed up.

Forsythia

Solid info, thanks for this ?
Ever since reports of meat products being magnetized I haven't eaten any (and I don't even know if this is a problem in Canada, but the reports turned me off meat for now). I find that as long as I eat lots of dairy/drink lots of milk and eat 1 egg a day (which means I'm getting 80-100 grams of protein a day), I feel no desire for meat.

Birdie

Ray has said that when in the US he eats just two a day. In Mexico he could eat more since they were local eggs. He doesn't recommend chicken or tuna as regular parts of the diet. Chicken is high tryptophan and high pufa isn't it?

清貴杉山

Ray has said that when in the US he eats just two a day. In Mexico he could eat more since they were local eggs. He doesn't recommend chicken or tuna as regular parts of the diet. Chicken is high tryptophan and high pufa isn't it?
Chicken breast is a good source of lean protein,low fat thus low pufa,i would pair with some gelatin source and calcium source

清貴杉山

Here where i live the eggs are local,sometimes i crave a hell lot of eggs and sometimes dont,when i crave them i can eat between 5 to 7 in 1 day,cooked in coconut oil mostly,i dont concern about pufas on eggs,the huge amount of nutrition and cholesterol outweights the "pufa" on them

lampofred

Eating the shell might counteract the PUFA.

Forsythia

Here's a Peat quote cautioning about eating too much chicken:

"Milk and cheese are the best foods for getting enough calcium, and they will help to keep your protein intake up; an active person needs at least 100 grams daily for efficiency. ...80 grams of protein daily is probably enough for a medium sized person who isn't very active. I have known people whose thyroid function improved noticeably when they increased their protein from 20 grams to 40 grams daily. (A quart of milk has 32 grams of protein, an egg about 6 grams.) If you depend on chicken for your major protein, it will contribute to suppressing your thyroid and progesterone. Increased salt helps to increase your metabolic rate. Low thyroid makes you lose salt too easily, and temporarily just eating more salt helps to make up for low thyroid-adrenals-progesterone." -Ray Peat

清貴杉山

"Milk and cheese are the best foods for getting enough calcium, and they will help to keep your protein intake up; an active person needs at least 100 grams daily for efficiency. ...80 grams of protein daily is probably enough for a medium sized person who isn't very active. I have known people whose thyroid function improved noticeably when they increased their protein from 20 grams to 40 grams daily. (A quart of milk has 32 grams of protein, an egg about 6 grams.) If you depend on chicken for your major protein, it will contribute to suppressing your thyroid and progesterone. Increased salt helps to increase your metabolic rate. Low thyroid makes you lose salt too easily, and temporarily just eating more salt helps to make up for low thyroid-adrenals-progesterone." -Ray Peat
i cant afford doing 1 quart of milk a day,pasteurized milk is trash,i only drink raw milk,and its a bit pricy,i dont overdo chicken tbh,i just rotate my meats to not get bored,beef,pork,chicken,sometimes white fish

清貴杉山

and honestly that quote of peat sounds really unfeasible in terms of diet,no one can drink that much milk to reach 100grams of protein,cheese is high fat too,you dont want to overdo it too much,as i said,pairing lean meats,with gelatin to balance the tryptophan and some calcium source sounds more feasible to me

Forsythia

and honestly that quote of peat sounds really unfeasible in terms of diet,no one can drink that much milk to reach 100grams of protein,cheese is high fat too,you dont want to overdo it too much,as i said,pairing lean meats,with gelatin to balance the tryptophan and some calcium source sounds more feasible to me
I don't find it unfeasible. I use 1% milk, 0% dry curd cottage cheese, 0% greek yogurt, regular fat cheese (I try to limit this to 1 serving a day), eggs, lots of fruit and some veggies. And I will eat meat/chicken if I desire it. I eat about 20 - 25% fat and get up to 100 grams of protein a day.

In the above quote, Peat doesn't say to eat no chicken, just not to use it as "your major protein".

清貴杉山

I don't find it unfeasible. I use 1% milk, 0% dry curd cottage cheese, 0% greek yogurt, regular fat cheese (I try to limit this to 1 serving a day), eggs, lots of fruit and some veggies. And I will eat meat/chicken if I desire it. I eat about 20 - 25% fat and get up to 100 grams of protein a day.

In the above quote, Peat doesn't say to eat no chicken, just not to use it as "your major protein".
depends a lot the place you live tbh,i cant find 0% dry curd cottage(or any cottage anyways),either 0% greek yogurt,i would have way more dairy for my protein if i could,but i dont.

Forsythia

i cant afford doing 1 quart of milk a day,pasteurized milk is trash,i only drink raw milk,and its a bit pricy,i dont overdo chicken tbh,i just rotate my meats to not get bored,beef,pork,chicken,sometimes white fish

Pasteurized milk is trash?! Not according to me it isn't and not according to Peat. He says to use whatever kind of milk digests best for the individual. He has no problem with pasteurization. I have never tried raw milk only raw milk cheeses (raw milk is not legal to sell in Canada).

Here's a Peat quote:

"Raw milk to pasteurized milk to ultra pasteurized to canned milk and each time it loses a little value but I use pasteurized milk almost always".

清貴杉山

Pasteurized milk is trash?! Not according to me it isn't and not according to Peat. He says to use whatever kind of milk digests best for the individual. He has no problem with pasteurization. I have never tried raw milk only raw milk cheeses (raw milk is not legal to sell in Canada).

Here's a Peat quote:

"Raw milk to pasteurized milk to ultra pasteurized to canned milk and each time it loses a little value but I use pasteurized milk almost always".
i get horrible gases and acne from pasteurized milk,raw milk did the opposite in my digestion and skin health

Forsythia

depends a lot the place you live tbh,i cant find 0% dry curd cottage(or any cottage anyways),either 0% greek yogurt,i would have way more dairy for my protein if i could,but i dont.
Everyone has to find what's best for them. Remember, the OP was asking what to eat to reduce his PUFA intake. My replies were based on that.

amd

Consider the added vitamins in low/zero fat milk, a major source of milk intolerance.

清貴杉山

Consider the added vitamins in low/zero fat milk, a major source of milk intolerance.
yes im aware of that,here i just could get 2 brands without any additives but they are gone,cant find it anywhere,probably the allergic reaction is mostly for the synthethic crap