The Only Hormone Or Anti-Oxidant You Actually Need

Inaut

So I just used the nebulizer for 25minutes. Pulse is up and I’m very warm. Besides the uncomfortable feeling of a mild salt sting around my nostrils, it’s something I can easily incorporate while listening to a podcast and the effects seem to last far longer then bag breathing. I like using co2 gas but for simplicity and safety, nebulizing is the way to go for me. I still like bagging limbs though after work outs :)

vulture

So I just used the nebulizer for 25minutes. Pulse is up and I’m very warm. Besides the uncomfortable feeling of a mild salt sting around my nostrils, it’s something I can easily incorporate while listening to a podcast and the effects seem to last far longer then bag breathing. I like using co2 gas but for simplicity and safety, nebulizing is the way to go for me. I still like bagging limbs though after work outs :)
I would like to see updates and numbers if you can (pulse/temp) before and after

Light

I would like to see updates and numbers if you can (pulse/temp) before and after
And I'd like to add a request, if possible, to test SpO2 (oxygen saturation in the blood) - if you have an oximeter.
There are pretty cheap oximeters - like 10$. They're not the most accurate but they should give an idea of gasses in blood.
I haven't yet found a way to estimate blood CO2 levels from SpO2, but peat said he feels best at about 89%. For actual altitude acclimatization it is widely suggested to start with ~95% and slowly continue from there.

I have started on Acetazolamide a few weeks ago and after a year of different Peat-ish experiments this is the one thing that immediately had a positive result :
the constant brain fog and blurry vision got better - for the first time since I moved to this appartment about a year ago, I can see the brush strokes on the ceiling.
My SpO2 some days was 94% - that's as low as I got it so far with ~375mg/day, and now it's back up to 98%-99% so I think it's time to increase the dose.

I remember thinking the nebulizer was a great and easy to implement solution, but then chose not to do it,
and I can't for the life of me remember why I didn't go ahead and try it.
@Inaut - Can you describe in some detail how you use it, and add the other info too please?

tara

Only lasts for as long as you can hold your breath though.
If you do it often enough it might - apparently some people train themselves. McKeown's steps method for asthma seems to have worked well for some people.

tonto

You can pick one up at any welding supply or brewing supplies store.
The tanks aren’t cheap but the refills are.
Once you get tank you need a mask and some attachment to the tank. Are thanks all the same like an O2 tank one gets for COPD?

tara

Once you get tank you need a mask and some attachment to the tank. Are thanks all the same like an O2 tank one gets for COPD?
I've not used a mask, but if you are going to use one, I'd suggest you need:
- a precise regulator to control low flows of supplemental CO2added to regular air
- a well informed strategy for how to safely increase CO2 a little, and a plan for assessing effects so you don't overdo it. Read about safe levels. Hopefully you are clear on this, but just in case anyone else reading isn't, oxygen is about 20% of natural air; CO2 is ~0.03 - 0.04%. People can tolerate, and in some conditions benefit from, oxygen at higher concentrations. The limits for CO2 are much lower. (Someone posted that CO2 asphyxiation is a common way to kill chickens.)
- a handheld mask that will fall off to discontinue supply if you lose consciousness

whit

O2 tanks are different from CO2 but both are aluminum usually.
The CO2 tanks that are aluminum are preferred because it’s already a heavy gas.

Argon tanks are the same as CO2 however they are usually sold separately.
Argon is poison ☠️ however so don’t make that mistake.

Some shops are willing to swap a bottle of one kind for another.

whit

I still prefer the nebulizer method for raising CO2.
I do wash the area off afterwards, that seems to help negate the “sting” effect.