The Only Hormone Or Anti-Oxidant You Actually Need

Constatine

Do you think that the red light from the incandescent bulb is enough to increase CO2 substantially or as much as the red light device?
It would not be as powerful as the red light device but that just means you need to use it a little longer. If your spending a good amount of time under the light you should be fine. I'm terms of general health benefits though natural sunlight is better than both (not sure about co2 though).

Waynish

Qigong is probably the most active way of balancing co2 metabolism in any tissue. I say this without references other than experience :)

shepherdgirl

I figure CO2 is CO2 whether we make it ourselves or buy it in a tank - and beneficial if we are needing it.
But rebreathing from a bag means some of the O2 has already been sucked out of the air compared with adding a little CO2 to fresh air. So there might be situation where the latter would be more useful, and sustainable for longer.

Why can't we rig up a diy bag breather with an adjustable valve to fresh air? For example, the valve could be sewn into the bottom of the bag. It could be a series of vents that snap open. Or if it were a paper bag you could just cut a hole in it to vent it. So if you inhaled from this vented bag you would get a mix of fresh air and bag air - you could adjust the amount of fresh air you would breathe in with your bag air, and you could bag breathe longer with adequate oxygen.

sladerunner69

I have a feeling if your thyroid is on track and you are consuming enough sugar, bag breathing is likely redundant.

Dan W

Why can't we rig up a diy bag breather with an adjustable valve to fresh air? For example, the valve could be sewn into the bottom of the bag. It could be a series of vents that snap open. Or if it were a paper bag you could just cut a hole in it to vent it. So if you inhaled from this vented bag you would get a mix of fresh air and bag air - you could adjust the amount of fresh air you would breathe in with your bag air, and you could bag breathe longer with adequate oxygen.
It's weird: I've had the same theory, but have never been able to make something that hits the sweet spot between not accumulating too much CO2 over time versus not retaining enough to have any noticeable effect. A long length of tubing measured to be a fraction of my lung capacity worked ok, but was too difficult to clean (with the retained moisture never evaporating).

I finally gave up and got a CO2 tank (plus a 1L soda bottle "rebreather" when I don't want to be tethered to a tank).

I have a feeling if your thyroid is on track and you are consuming enough sugar, bag breathing is likely redundant.
I think you might be right: I've at least felt less desire to do CO2 as my carb intake has gone up. Maybe that's just me getting bored of it though, hard to say.

shepherdgirl

@Dan Wich - I also have a device i made for holding and rebreathing co2 that has a long tube. I stopped using it a long time ago, convinced that Buteyko exercises would work better. (I am a victim of the 'no pain no gain' mentality!) When you mentioned that the tube you were using was not easy to clean, I remembered that I have a long skinny brush that would be great to clean tube devices like these.
This thread has made me realize that rebreathers that provide some oxygen may be more helpful than the exercises I was trying, and it has also inspired me to dust off my rebreather and try it again.

Brother John

As I was editing above, while you were posting, I think we are in complete agreement here. The substance of claims, for me, should be individually verifiable, especially because it is very unlikely you can control for variables in data samples; there are simply too many known, and unknown variables.

I'm working to try to make a kind of open source program for everyone, that will allow you to replicate (or not) the results I've achieved.

The way I've come to understand what Peat means by consciousness and regeneration is to search in toxinless.com for the words 'consciousness' and 'regeneration'. And I'm not claiming I do understand it the same way you might. I only know what it feels like for me to come back from near dead, and to be reborn and just as vital and young now as I have ever been, even in childhood.

I really believe we can all do this, all be reborn this way, no matter how sick or old we may seem to be. I'm working to share how I, at least, have done it (but there may be others here who have done it too, milklove, such_saturation, pboy, perhaps in their own way), so that we all may try and discover for ourselves in our own way.

I have to go with Vision's way of writing. It is OK to let him know you don't like his style... but so what? He makes some points in an over the top style, "feel reborn" but hey He wrote the sentence I think to convey something very positive. He is not brainwashing you with sales tactics! He is enthusiastic in his feelings on Co2 and that's cool with me. He does not write in a "monotone" he expresses! Hats off, go for it and be sure to post what Co2 does besides making you feel reborn!
Thanks,
brother john

whit

I like VOS style of writing too but I think he was banned.

pboy

co2 seems to be huge I think obviously nutrients and overall calories...good ratios and balance matter but I think living factors matter too...like if you can 'breath' in your life which obviously means having some control, non surpression, then the more enthusiastic the better...I wonder sometimes if any culture throughout history..probably variable person to person or season but that actually have a very good abundant adequate diet...seems there was potential in a lot of places but probably people that were/are healthier also breath better. Definitely I notice when in situations or around people not totally comfortable in, breathing is different than when in open nature...but whether this changes c02 lactic ratio might depend on other factors..cause dunno, its a weird thing you'd think lactic acid would be related to a feeling of 'anger' or being acidically hot in temperament but then also completely going passive sometimes, especially in bad situation, seems wrong or bad also...I guess you don't wanna get mad or whatever but also don't passively ignore or just let happen bad things...this is related to breath? could be. Sometimes adrenaline if I guess, don't know if you say it 'has to happen' but when or if it seems like somehow its triggering is somewhat justified..i du nno if theres a better way but breath can seem to increase with adrenaline and yet you'd base don Peat's writing think its somehow impairing metabolism, it could be that its knocking out serotonin or something

Inaut

Just wanted to bring this up again. I used a nebulizer with BS this morning for about 30min. Breathing is a lot slower. I’m going to keep doing this for a while as I think VoS was on to something

vulture

Just wanted to bring this up again. I used a nebulizer with BS this morning for about 30min. Breathing is a lot slower. I’m going to keep doing this for a while as I think VoS was on to something
Great. I guess you meant Sodium Bicarbonate

Light

You can pick one up at any welding supply or brewing supplies store.
The tanks aren’t cheap but the refills are.
CO2 for welding is mixed with other gasses, usually Argon, and can be very dangerous to inhale.
There's CO2 for food - like for making whipped cream, or for making sparkling water,
but either way look at the composition of gasses in the bottle and make sure it doesn't contain any unwanted gasses or impurities.

boris

@Light
I'm pretty sure for whipped cream you use N2O aka nitrous or laughing gas and not CO2. Don't breathe that in :D.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals