Whit

m_arch

Thank you for the reply m_arch.
Have you tried this procedure?
If so what was your experience?
Any info would be appreciated.
Cheers,
Whit
You mean inhaling the baking soda or drinking it? Didn't find much benefit from inhaling. .. but drinking it makes me have a bowel movement. I think the truth is that you need to get the metabolism working for long term effects cos thats going 24 7. Baking soda is only one thing that helps

Stevie

I had a go of nebulising sodium bicarbonate, just for a week. I found it very relaxing. After inhaling for half an hour I felt like nodding off, which is remarkable considering how noisy the nebuliser unit is.
Definitely something I'd like to do again.

paymanz

If youbtake the baking soda with empty stomach I think most of it absorbed as bicarbonate into blood stream. So maybe nebulizer is not needed, unless you want a topical effect in your lungs...

-------

And I think about co2 gas breathing from a tank vs rebreathing it from a bag...

Logically there doesn't seem to be different, co2 that you made yourself vs co2 from a tank!

The only difference I can think about is the nitrogen gas that is in normal atmosphere, which is 78% of its volume.

paymanz

Also I would like to know exact mechanism by which bicarbonate ingestion can increase co2 levels in body, in one post haidut suggested that it by neutralizing lactic acid can improve cell's metabolism may increase co2.

tara

Logically there doesn't seem to be different, co2 that you made yourself vs co2 from a tank!

The only difference I can think about is the nitrogen gas that is in normal atmosphere, which is 78% of its volume.
I figure CO2 is CO2 whether we make it ourselves or buy it in a tank - and beneficial if we are needing it.
But rebreathing from a bag means some of the O2 has already been sucked out of the air compared with adding a little CO2 to fresh air. So there might be situation where the latter would be more useful, and sustainable for longer.

Last edited:

whit

I had a go of nebulising sodium bicarbonate, just for a week. I found it very relaxing. After inhaling for half an hour I felt like nodding off, which is remarkable considering how noisy the nebuliser unit is.
Definitely something I'd like to do again.
Funny it gives me calm energy in small doses. Before a workout is great.

I use this a couple times a week.

Ron J

If youbtake the baking soda with empty stomach I think most of it absorbed as bicarbonate into blood stream. So maybe nebulizer is not needed, unless you want a topical effect in your lungs...

-------

If true, then I might start taking it first thing in the morning. Are you sure it's true?

paymanz

The nebulizer is interesting as blossom mentioned they use it in hospitals, a quick search came with pubmed results showing good effects of baking soda in nebulizer for patients with respiratory problems.

Last edited:

Stevie

Ingesting sodium bicarbonate on a regular basis can 'disturb' my digestive system. Plopping a cupful into a hot bath made my skin itch for a week (I know, too much too soon) (foot baths only from now on). Inhaling it was just so 'pleasant'.
It could be that using a nebuliser with water has the same effect, I didn't think to try it. I'd very much like to try CART therapy (capnometer assisted respiration therapy). And whilst doing so, try the SB inhalation too and compare the end tidal CO2 readings.
As I have neither a capnometer or nebuliser, it's foot baths for me, for now.

paymanz

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals