The New Way Of Speeding Up Transit Time For Amazing Bowel Health

BearWithMe

Complete absorption of nutrients through the small intestine takes about 5 hours. If that food is still in your gut after that it feeds bacteria which then creates more bacterial byproducts which can make your health worse. If your transit time is 24 hours, that completely digested and absorbed food is still in your gut for 19 hours. That extra time doesn't further enhance nutrient absorption. It needs to get out. Chronic diarrhea is an issue if your small intestine transit time is less than 5 hours or so.
This is really interesting, do you have any source on this?

I always thought that starving / undereating people gets constipation because their bodies are desperatelly trying to absorb the most of the food they eat.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
This is really interesting, do you have any source on this?

I always thought that starving / undereating people gets constipation because their bodies are desperatelly trying to absorb the most of the food they eat.
The average small intestine transit time is about 6-8 hours (with large meals and about 1-2 hours with liquid meals) whereas the colonic transit time is about 7 hours. Things like physical exercise and so on speed it up (R, R).

TucsonJJ

@Brandon Trean

re: methylene blue

No comment aside from the fact that I've used 3 drops (approx. 3mg) in tea or juice or whatever when I felt a sickness coming on, e.g. small fever, sore throat, etc., and it seemed to resolve all symptoms overnight. Placebo? Maybe. However, it seems to have very powerful anti-microbial and possibly even anti-viral properties, just based on my personal experience. About a week ago I felt quite sick and out of it. Upon taking 3 drops of Kordon methylene blue mixed into some herbal tea (hibiscus Honest Tea from the gas station), it seemed to have completely resolved when I woke up.

I had a sore, scratchy throat, felt feverish and also had the psychological effects of being sick: dissociated, just "out of it," not feeling like myself, etc. Again, completely resolved by morning.

Die-off is probably possible. However, I consider methylene blue as a medicine everyone should have in their cabinet these days. I still use Lugol's solution, but I've switched to methylene blue. I do mix them sometimes if I'm suspecting mild food poisoning, stomach bug, or something else of the sort, and it seems to work miracles. I know a lot of people are fans of colloidal silver; I've never tried it personally. But I wonder if that would fit in next to methylene blue/Lugol's as a potential anti-microbial anti-viral agent.

I was taking MB consistently for a while. I was mixing it into my energy drinks. Since then I've stopped that, and only dose MB away from caffeine, as I read somewhere that combining caffeine and MB can lead to heart arrhythmia. So I simply dose it away from caffeine if I'm going to take it at all. These days I've been taking it exclusively for dealing with oncoming sicknesses. I can't say for sure what taking 1mg a day did for me, as it didn't have any really obvious or striking effects.

However, it's potential as an anti-microbial anti-viral is appealing. For now I've reserved it for use as a medicine and I'd advise the same, at the very least.

Also welcome aboard after snooping so long! Good to have you on the team here. Welcome :)
I am a fan of GOOD colloidal silver... some is crap, some even can be dangerous, especially home made. Do not take with iodine though. Silver Wings is the best brand. expensive, but tsp doses... lasts a long time. I would cycle it with MB or CDS, no need to take together and they may not dance well together.

Jib

I am a fan of GOOD colloidal silver... some is crap, some even can be dangerous, especially home made. Do not take with iodine though. Silver Wings is the best brand. expensive, but tsp doses... lasts a long time. I would cycle it with MB or CDS, no need to take together and they may not dance well together.

Nice. Thanks for this. Was just thinking about colloidal silver today after a bout with Lyme.

Haven't tried CDS but have used sodium chlorite solution in water. One drop in 16oz, sometimes several times a day, sometimes with all my water for the day.

Will look into that Silver Wings colloidal silver for sure 🪽

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals