The New Way Of Speeding Up Transit Time For Amazing Bowel Health

pro marker

i feel better when i poop more, but doesnt a faster transit time also mean less nutrition is absorbed by the food? surely my body cant get the same amount of nutrients from my food when I poop once a day versus every other day

cjm

i feel better when i poop more, but doesnt a faster transit time also mean less nutrition is absorbed by the food? surely my body cant get the same amount of nutrients from my food when I poop once a day versus every other day

Interesting thought, I'd like to see a study that examines this.

Feeling better is the ultimate metric. You can't argue with it, as long as you can distinguish between the euphoric hyper stress state and the calm ready energetic state.

If more nutrients are absorbed because of more transit time, you're surely getting a concomitant dose of endotoxin, or maybe just experiencing more irritation.

If they're well formed stools, I might not worry about nutrient absorption per se, especially if you're feeling calm, ready, light, buoyant, etc.

Every time I eat fast food, I poop immediately afterwards. I still want to absorb whatever nutrients I can but I don't want to spend any more time with the junk than I have to.

Elize

Rather than using supplements I do vagus nerve stimulation of the stomach. It works like a charm for me.

sweetpeat

Rather than using supplements I do vagus nerve stimulation of the stomach. It works like a charm for me.
I'm interested in this. Can you describe what you do, or provide a link with more info?

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Interesting article.

@Hans

Have you ever heard of squalamine? My doctor won't prescribe neomycin so I've been looking for other ways to dismantle the methanogenic microbes. I came across squalamine. So far, I think it's only being used to treat constipation attributed to Parkinson's disease but I'm looking for more info on it.

We herein review the state of knowledge regarding the in vitro and in vivo susceptibility of archaea to antimicrobial agents, including some new molecules. Indeed, some archaea colonizing the human microbiota have been implicated in diseases such as periodontopathy. Archaea are characterized by their broad‐spectrum resistance to antimicrobial agents. In particular, their cell wall lacks peptidoglycan, making them resistant to antimicrobial agents interfering with peptidoglycan biosynthesis. Archaea are, however, susceptible to the protein synthesis inhibitor fusidic acid and imidazole derivatives. Also, squalamine, an antimicrobial agent acting on the cell wall, proved effective against human methanogenic archaea. In vitro susceptibility data could be used to design protocols for the decontamination of complex microbiota and the selective isolation of archaea in anaerobic culture.
I have not, so thanks for sharing. Are you using it?

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
@Hans: Appreciate your very helpful work on improving GI health. I now suspect slow intestinal transit may play a big role in my health problems, and I look forward to trying some of your recommendations.

In your article, I did not see any mention of coffee or caffeine. Coffee has worked for me in the past; not sure how much it's helping now.
Thanks for reading! I haven't mentioned coffee because it's not really a laxative, but it does certainly make s**t happen, lol. It has cholinergic effects in the gut.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Complete absorption of nutrients through the small intestine takes about 5 hours. If that food is still in your gut after that it feeds bacteria which then creates more bacterial byproducts which can make your health worse. If your transit time is 24 hours, that completely digested and absorbed food is still in your gut for 19 hours. That extra time doesn't further enhance nutrient absorption. It needs to get out. Chronic diarrhea is an issue if your small intestine transit time is less than 5 hours or so.

dukesbobby777

At the moment I am living with my parents which means I am eating a lot more gluten and bowel health probably worse than ever (due to lack of control over what I am eating), but a pinch of cascara each day is keeping me regular. Sometimes going up to twice per day. Without it I would be very constipated with the gluten intake.

But some good ideas on this thread for me to try in the future.

Simatta

can you tell us how/what you are doing? Thank you
I second this. I am curious what device, how long, when you use it, where you use it, and how long after do you notice results? As well what you noticed when you first began? I was using Bestqool infrared and red light therapy on my gut a few days in a row for about 10-20 min approximately 6 inches away from my gut and got some significant die-off symptoms (depression, lethargy, intense fatigue, smelly bowel movements, killed motivation, etc.). It took me about 5 days to realize it was the red/infrared light. It implies what I've long known that I have an imbalance within the force as it were. And so I laid off it.

I have recovered a lot of my carbohydrate metabolism studying Ray, Danny, Georgi and all you fine cats experimenting with different things. I think some of these technologies offer a lot of power and to the point that at times it's almost difficult to believe they are this potent. I am getting closer and closer to addressing the root cause on my end for my gut issue. A carnivore approach saved my life and I knew carbs needed to come back in but my diet is still very limited. I reversed a dairy allergy (can consume cheese, ice cream when made legit (Straus), butter) this all made a big difference. Added in eggshell calcium by Redd, and explored urine therapy which made a massive difference in blood sugar metabolism within just a week or so. I went from being able to consume only 10-25 grams of fructose or simple sugars all the way to 125-200+ on a daily basis. Used to get dry mouth, fatigue, faint-feeling, (insulin-resistance symptoms, pre-diabetes). Then that all shifted largely when I used urine therapy (first few days reminded me of when I detoxed mercury with stiff joints, then suddenly felt better). I went from eating 2-4 pounds of red meat to just about 1 pound a day. I'd like to move on to milk, but haven't figured the lactose issue yet (familiar with Danny's approach but haven't tried that antibiotic yet).

Didn't intend for this to be a more dynamic response but just curious what device, because I can tell if I could address the gut motility (dysbiosis/likely fungal issue in the ileocecal area) then I would be one step closer. I am ultimately wanting to address my sleep, cause I wake up at 3am like clockwork. And I am confident it's more dysbiosis (cortisol elevation, endotoxin burden, histamine). I find charcoal to help a little bit. I cannot eat veggies or any fiber but certain chocolate effectively. But since reversing a 30+ year dairy allergy using liposomal colostrum (Sovereign Labs, took 5 months on that product to reverse the dairy allergy) a lot of things changed. I now can do honey (after 1 gram of azithromycin), simple sugar with no obvious downside that I can see which is exciting. I would like to implement bamboo shoots, raw carrot salad, cooked white button mushrooms but my gut won't have it still.

Anyone who reads this who has additional suggestions? I recently started exploring Methylene Blue topically (Georgi's product Oxidal) and damn that stuff is awesome. And am hesitant to explore it orally due to my intense die-off reactions. I have the ICES Micro-Pulse device but haven't seen a lot from it yet.

Micro-Pulse PEMF ICES DigiCeutical OEM, Wholesale, Research, Design

This is my first post on here after snooping around for over 2 years ^_^.

Cheers Comrades,
Brandon

Last edited:

Jib

I've been going a few times a day for some months now. Milk kefir also helped me tremendously. I use real kefir grains. I don't think the source matters, and it's good to get some while you still can. No reason to think they're going anywhere, but keep in mind they can't be created in a lab. Only cultured from pre-existing grains, and God knows where they originally came from. Very fascinating.

My go-to use is a smoothie: 1 quart of kefir with 2 bananas, a scoop of whey protein isolate, and two scoops of collagen hydrolysate. Additional creatine, beta alanine, taurine, glycine and sodium ascorbate are also regulars I use. I also use a digestive enzyme or two (currently Digest Gold, Trienza, or MRM Digest All), which really seems to help any potential bloat that might come from the whey isolate. I realize this is not "Peaty" but the protein really helps me meet my requirements. Severe ADD and I often forget to eat, or end up eating nowhere near enough protein to feel good or function well. The powder helps me fill in the gaps tremendously.

Most days I'll have an entire quart of kefir. Sometimes no kefir at all, and sometimes as much as a half gallon of kefir in a day. Always homemade with real grains. I ferment in a half-gallon glass jar, and also do secondary fermentation in the refrigerator in a gallon glass jug. I very rarely drink fresh kefir. Most of the time I pour out kefir that's been chilling overnight, then refill the big jug with fresh kefir, that will also age for 24 hours. Rinse and repeat. Additional fermentation rate might be low at fridge temps, but I've heard it can increase probiotic content, as well as K2 content, and also reduce some of the tartness/sourness of fresh kefir (which in my experience, it absolutely does).

You can also strain it to make kefir cream cheese. The acidic, probiotic rich whey makes a great facial toner and acne treatment. I use it a couple times every day and it's working wonders.

I have a Lillipad Squatting Platform (adjustable height model, the one I recommend) from New Zealand. I cannot stress how much this has helped me. On the very rare occasion I'm slightly constipated (almost never), I swear it helps me get through that. It's harder to pass than normal when that happens, but if I were seated? No way. High risk of strain and I bet I would not even be able to pass it. Full squat position allows for more complete elimination and I'm convinced it helps the gut environment overall. More complete elimination, less strain on the pelvic floor muscles, far less chance of hemorrhoids, and even been shown to make hemorrhoids go into remission over time because of reduced strain ---

--- it's just an all around benefit.

I'm also into whole fruit a lot more lately. Have sharply cut down on my juice consumption to almost zero, instead opting for whole fruit. Most of the time this is apples, just because it's what I'm craving, and some amount of fresh blueberries and bananas. Granny Smith apples seem to be especially good for SCFA production and gut health. My preference however is usually the sweeter red varieties, e.g. Honey Crisp, Snap Dragon, Fuji, etc. If I have a craving for apples I'll usually eat 3 to 5 in a sitting and I seem to tolerate them extremely well and they leave me feeling refreshed.

Pectin in apples might play a role in increased gut health. Kefir alone seems to have helped a lot but whole, fresh apples may be helping a lot as well. I don't eat them every single day, but at least 3 to 4 days a week, and usually 3 to 5 when I do eat them. I remember seeing some study on Granny Smith apples and SCFA production/gut health which is very interesting but they don't feel very pleasant for me to eat compared to the sweeter ones, as I mentioned before.

Daily exercise seems to help a lot to, to keep things moving. That also increases my appetite, and more quality food/probiotics (kefir, fresh fruit) will obviously help create bulk and move things along as well.

Great info as always! Love your articles!

Jib

@Brandon Trean

re: methylene blue

No comment aside from the fact that I've used 3 drops (approx. 3mg) in tea or juice or whatever when I felt a sickness coming on, e.g. small fever, sore throat, etc., and it seemed to resolve all symptoms overnight. Placebo? Maybe. However, it seems to have very powerful anti-microbial and possibly even anti-viral properties, just based on my personal experience. About a week ago I felt quite sick and out of it. Upon taking 3 drops of Kordon methylene blue mixed into some herbal tea (hibiscus Honest Tea from the gas station), it seemed to have completely resolved when I woke up.

I had a sore, scratchy throat, felt feverish and also had the psychological effects of being sick: dissociated, just "out of it," not feeling like myself, etc. Again, completely resolved by morning.

Die-off is probably possible. However, I consider methylene blue as a medicine everyone should have in their cabinet these days. I still use Lugol's solution, but I've switched to methylene blue. I do mix them sometimes if I'm suspecting mild food poisoning, stomach bug, or something else of the sort, and it seems to work miracles. I know a lot of people are fans of colloidal silver; I've never tried it personally. But I wonder if that would fit in next to methylene blue/Lugol's as a potential anti-microbial anti-viral agent.

I was taking MB consistently for a while. I was mixing it into my energy drinks. Since then I've stopped that, and only dose MB away from caffeine, as I read somewhere that combining caffeine and MB can lead to heart arrhythmia. So I simply dose it away from caffeine if I'm going to take it at all. These days I've been taking it exclusively for dealing with oncoming sicknesses. I can't say for sure what taking 1mg a day did for me, as it didn't have any really obvious or striking effects.

However, it's potential as an anti-microbial anti-viral is appealing. For now I've reserved it for use as a medicine and I'd advise the same, at the very least.

Also welcome aboard after snooping so long! Good to have you on the team here. Welcome :)

Zpol

I have not, so thanks for sharing. Are you using it?

No I haven't yet. I haven't been able to determine if there are any safety issues. There was a member here ('goodandevil') on the forum who was going to test it for unsafe chemical properties at a lab he had access to but he left the forum before doing so. He had used it successfully for constipation for a short while.

Simatta

Thanks for the response, ironically I have it on my list of experiments to add a tiny percentage of a drop into Honest Tea (one of the drinks I drink regularly). So this post comes serendipitously. Thanks for the kind welcome! I agree that it would seem like a powerful anti-infective and anti-inflammatory agent as Haidut has illustrated many times over. Looking forward to participating more throughout the forum.

Cheers,

@Brandon Trean

re: methylene blue

No comment aside from the fact that I've used 3 drops (approx. 3mg) in tea or juice or whatever when I felt a sickness coming on, e.g. small fever, sore throat, etc., and it seemed to resolve all symptoms overnight. Placebo? Maybe. However, it seems to have very powerful anti-microbial and possibly even anti-viral properties, just based on my personal experience. About a week ago I felt quite sick and out of it. Upon taking 3 drops of Kordon methylene blue mixed into some herbal tea (hibiscus Honest Tea from the gas station), it seemed to have completely resolved when I woke up.

I had a sore, scratchy throat, felt feverish and also had the psychological effects of being sick: dissociated, just "out of it," not feeling like myself, etc. Again, completely resolved by morning.

Die-off is probably possible. However, I consider methylene blue as a medicine everyone should have in their cabinet these days. I still use Lugol's solution, but I've switched to methylene blue. I do mix them sometimes if I'm suspecting mild food poisoning, stomach bug, or something else of the sort, and it seems to work miracles. I know a lot of people are fans of colloidal silver; I've never tried it personally. But I wonder if that would fit in next to methylene blue/Lugol's as a potential anti-microbial anti-viral agent.

I was taking MB consistently for a while. I was mixing it into my energy drinks. Since then I've stopped that, and only dose MB away from caffeine, as I read somewhere that combining caffeine and MB can lead to heart arrhythmia. So I simply dose it away from caffeine if I'm going to take it at all. These days I've been taking it exclusively for dealing with oncoming sicknesses. I can't say for sure what taking 1mg a day did for me, as it didn't have any really obvious or striking effects.

However, it's potential as an anti-microbial anti-viral is appealing. For now I've reserved it for use as a medicine and I'd advise the same, at the very least.

Also welcome aboard after snooping so long! Good to have you on the team here. Welcome :)

Inaut

Anything bitter will trigger the vagus nerve and stimulate peristalsis. Still would like to hear what @Elize does though

Is it normal for endotoxin symptoms to get worse initially (due to increased frequency of bowel movements) when one speeds up intestinal transit?

StephanF

Forum Supporter

Seriously? I have bowel movements 3-4 times a day! All are soft. I am 65 and I consider myself in good health. I am also taking 3 caps of magnesium glycinate per day (Swanson Vitamins brand). Magnesium is known for its laxative effect.

pro marker

Seriously? I have bowel movements 3-4 times a day! All are soft. I am 65 and I consider myself in good health. I am also taking 3 caps of magnesium glycinate per day (Swanson Vitamins brand). Magnesium is known for its laxative effect.
its not at all unusual to go every other day. ive had periods where i went 4 times a day and i didnt not like that. 1-2 times a day feels the best for me. i think that is a very important signal to listen to.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals