- Feb 26, 2018
The second study also shows that it increased blood testosterone about 400% .Been piqued by how amazing Aframomum melegueta (Grains of Paradise) is for men.
I've known about this for quite a while, and have used it (the grains) on and off for many years now. I usually have about 5 grains, simply chew them (For sub-lingual, stronger Nootropic effects). It definitely ramps up the libido, blood flow and subjectively makes me feel strong and confident.
1. Inhibits PDE-5 and ACHE (Comparative Effects of Alkaloid Extracts from Aframomum melegueta (Alligator Pepper) and Aframomum danielli (Bastered Melegueta) on Enzymes Relevan... - PubMed - NCBI).
2. Results also showed that levels of cholesterol in testis, α-glucosidase in epididymis and fructose in seminal vesicle increased by 93.34%, 83.44% and 62.78%, respectively, after 55 days of A. melegueta treatment. From these findings, it was concluded that the aqueous extract of A. melegueta increased the secretions of epididymis and seminal vesicle, which are accessory sex organs.
It was not noted how large the sample size of test subject rats were, but the test groups (not the control group) received 27.39, 54.77, and 82.16 mg/kg body weight of the extract for 7 days.
The researchers found a significant increase in testosterone levels for all test groups, compared to the control group. (Effects of the aqueous extract of dry seeds of Aframomum melegueta on some parameters of the reproductive function of mature male rats. - PubMed - NCBI)
3. A. melegueta and P. guineense significantly increased penile erection index, and the frequencies of intromission and ejaculation. These plant extracts were found to enhance the orientation of males towards females by increasing mounting and ano-genital investigatory behaviour. Results of this study showed that A. melegueta and P. guineense modified the sexual behaviour of male rats by increasing sexual arousal. (Effects of Aframomum melegueta and Piper guineense on sexual behaviour of male rats. - PubMed - NCBI)
4. After GP extract ingestion, the EE of the BAT-positive group increased within 2 h to a significantly greater (P<0·01) level than that of the BAT-negative group. Placebo ingestion produced no significant change in EE. These results suggest that oral ingestion of GP extract increases whole-body EE through the activation of BAT in human subjects. (Grains of paradise (Aframomum melegueta) extract activates brown adipose tissue and increases whole-body energy expenditure in men. - PubMed - NCBI)
5. Momoe Iwami, Fatma A. Mahmoud, et al. Extract of grains of paradise and its active principle 6-paradol trigger thermogenesis of brown adipose tissue in rats [J]. Autonomic Neuroscience: Basic and Clinical 161 (2011) 63–67
6. Treatment with the aqueous or methanolic extract of A. melegueta significantly decreased the ejaculatory latency (p < .05) and post‐ejaculatory interval (p < .01) after 14 days. In spinal rats, mechanical or pharmacological stimulations triggered fictive ejaculation. In animals orally pre‐treated with A. melegueta extracts, the pro‐ejaculatory effect of dopamine was more expressed. Present findings show that A. melegueta possesses pro‐ejaculatory effects. (Error - Cookies Turned Off)
I could easily find more amazing research on these seeds, if you would like more, I will link more studies below.
That's insane. And the dosage is not even high at all. It comes down to a HED of 1,5g of dried seed extract (that's what they used in the study). Plus this was after only 8 days!
And the higher dose was actually slightly less effective. Which you can see in the figure below. So about 1,5 g or even less might be optional for testosterone increase.