The Most Androgenic Pepper EVER

firebreather

Well I got some. They are what I would call medium on the spice chart but I like hot stuff. Unfortunately I haven't noticed anything from consuming anywhere between 5 and 15 of these little things

Hairfedup

This is really interesting. I know grains of paradise are used extensively in certain West African cuisine(as they originate there). There are loads of sellers on Amazon...and most cities have African grocers. Where I'm at has hundreds. Lol. seem reputable...how come another user said its hard to get hold of?

Last edited:

Lokzo

Well I got some. They are what I would call medium on the spice chart but I like hot stuff. Unfortunately I haven't noticed anything from consuming anywhere between 5 and 15 of these little things
Give it a few days. I hope you sourced the legitimate type. Can you upload a photo here of the one's you have?

firebreather

Give it a few days. I hope you sourced the legitimate type. Can you upload a photo here of the one's you have?

When I get home tomorrow I will take a pic and upload. Did I understand you correctly that you only use 5 of the single peppers at a time? They are pretty small

Constatine

You don't need this specific pepper if its hard to find. All spicy peppers are androgenic both directly via the androgen receptor and via increasing testosterone. Effects of capsaicin on testis ghrelin expression in mice. - PubMed - NCBI, Capsaicin, a component of red peppers, induces expression of androgen receptor via PI3K and MAPK pathways in prostate LNCaP cells. - PubMed - NCBI. In the first study the rats testosterone rose to 947 ng/dl with a single rat reaching 1200 ng/dl. This is just capsaicin, the compound responsible for the hotness of peppers. So any hot pepper will do. If you have low blood pressure, go easy on the super spicy stuff as capsaicin lowers blood pressure quite a lot as well.

Edit: I assumed that the grains of paradise was an actual spicy pepper, my bad. Anyhow I'm keeping this up just to advertise the androgenic effects of spicy peppers.

Last edited:

vulture

You don't need this specific pepper if its hard to find. All spicy peppers are androgenic both directly via the androgen receptor and via increasing testosterone. Effects of capsaicin on testis ghrelin expression in mice. - PubMed - NCBI, Capsaicin, a component of red peppers, induces expression of androgen receptor via PI3K and MAPK pathways in prostate LNCaP cells. - PubMed - NCBI. In the first study the rats testosterone rose to 947 ng/dl with a single rat reaching 1200 ng/dl. This is just capsaicin, the compound responsible for the hotness of peppers. So any hot pepper will do. If you have low blood pressure, go easy on the super spicy stuff as capsaicin lowers blood pressure quite a lot as well.

Edit: I assumed that the grains of paradise was an actual spicy pepper, my bad. Anyhow I'm keeping this up just to advertise the androgenic effects of spicy peppers.
AFAIK capsaicin isn't pretty Peaty...I didn't know it was so androgenic

Elephanto

This is shown at 50uM. Many androgenic substances can have an anti-androgenic effect at unrealistically high doses (an essential mineral like Zinc for instance).
In mice given a bolus dose of 10 mg/kg capsaicin—far higher than humans could be expected to use—the peak serum concentration was about 3 µM

Last edited:

Teres

@Elephanto I appreciate the clarification. Not for the first time I'm being convinced that reading an abstract only can often be misleading.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
GorillaHead The elusive effects of salt on androgenic alopecia? Hair & Nails 3
GreekDemiGod Human studies showing androgenic benefits of SFA? Ask For Help or Advice 2
GorillaHead Metals And Androgenic Alopecia. More To It? Hair & Nails 3
Bandooli Beta Blocker - Androgenic Alopecia? Ask For Help or Advice 1
R Dandelion Root May Be Androgenic (Studies) Thyroid and Hormones 9
L Reduction Of "vicarious" Stress But Remaining Empathic. Is That Androgenic/healthy? Scientific Studies 3
B Androgenic Solutions For Urogenic/vaginal Atrophy Female Issues 9
A The Most Androgenic Herbs That I Have Found Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 48
Jake sullivan Estrogenic Facial Edema VS Androgenic Facial Appearence And Structure Testimonials 37
Repas du soir Are Black Men More Androgenic On Average Compared To Other Races? Male Issues 60
TheBeard Studies Say Minoxidil Is Anti-androgenic Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 8
E Brainwave Entrainment , Stimulate Androgenic Hormones Is It Really Working? Mind, Sleep, Stress 98
TheBeard Israeli Men Are Highly Androgenic Miscellaneous 132
C Androgenic Benefits Of Tobacco Alcohol, Tobacco, Drugs 32
TheBeard How Androgenic Is Exemestane? Male Issues 189
B Is Agomelatine Androgenic? Male Issues 4
Cameron Alcohol And Androgenic Characteristics Male Issues 11
Cameron Sorghum Syrup Androgenic? Diet 16
S A Weekly Dose Of Androgenic Steroids Affect Memory, Anxiety And Social Interaction In Rats Scientific Studies 32
Cameron Increasing Androgenic Hair Growth Experiments 16
vulture Does All Androgenic Drugs Increase Facial Hair Growth Speed? Pharmaceutical Drugs 18
E Chicken And Eggs Intake Associated With Anti-androgenic Phthalate Intake Scientific Studies 21
Lokzo Evidence For Androgenic Activity Of Tumeric And Curcumin Scientific Studies 2
TheBeard Is Berberine Androgenic? Thyroid and Hormones 23
F Suffering From Female Alopecia Androgenic Hair & Nails 7
haidut Progesterone Is Androgenic Scientific Studies 77
Hans Osteocalcin - Possibly Very Androgenic Scientific Studies 10
Sam Suska Strong Androgenic Results IdeaLabs 38
P Does Weight Lifting Have Effect On Anabolic Androgenic Ratio? Exercise 7
H Androgenic Maintenance Of The Rat Erectile Response Via A Non-nitric-oxide-dependent Pathway Scientific Studies 1
haidut Unsaturation = Estrogenic, Saturation = Androgenic Scientific Studies 23
haidut Androsterone - Androgenic Neurosteroid Required For Male Sexual Behavior Scientific Studies 13
haidut Niacinamide Is Androgenic And Increases Dht Effects/signaling Scientific Studies 37
haidut Anti-androgenic Drugs Increase Cortisol And Cause NAFLD Scientific Studies 3
Y Masturbation Downregulates Certain Androgenic Receptors [in The Brain] And Upregulates Certain Estro Articles & Scientific Studies 106
E Importance Of HNF4-alpha In Liver Health (and Possibly Androgenic Alopecia) Scientific Studies 1
Y Androgenic/anti-estrogen Herbs+spices And Scents? Health 34
haidut Caffeine Has Androgenic Effects On The Testes Scientific Studies 6
J Role of fats in Androgenic Steroid Production Macros & Micros 14
D Can Pepper Increase Anxiety/Stress Levels? Spices 3
General Orange Black Pepper Piper Nigrum Increases Serotonin Synthesis Scientific Studies 22
J Is it ever possible to 100% reverse a cavity? Oral Health 18
D Anyone Ever Make Tea From Cilantro? Effective? Toxins, Detoxification 2
D Anyone Ever Sue Their Landlord To Get Back Security Deposit? How'd It Go? Miscellaneous 8
hiconscience Black Seeds Raised My Temperature More Than Dessicated Thyroid Ever Has Metabolism 9
Drareg Operation Moonshot UK, Was It Ever About A Vaccine? Articles & Scientific Studies 0
Hgreen56 Has Anyone Ever Actually Heard Dr Peat Recommend A High Carb Diet? Diet 64
G Vitamin D Deficiency -anyone Ever Get Better? Miscellaneous Health Discussions 6
Digital Samurai Sweaty Palms Ever Since Starting NDT (salt, Preg Not Helping) Natural Dessicated Thyroid 9
Soren Can Redheads Ever Tan? Light 42