The Many Benefits Of Drinking Coffee

I am a coffee fan, as long as it is used properly. Without sugar and food, it use to make me feel terrible, and I quit drinking it for a year one time. I didn’t start drinking coffee until I was 32 and I was ill all of the time, before I drank it. When I first started drinking it, it was with cream and sugar, the pre-made flavored ones, and I quickly list all of my pregnancy weight and then some, weight I couldn’t get off after my first child four years earlier. It was only when I took the sugar out, believing sugar was bad, that coffee backfired on me.

Ginali

Forum Supporter
I am a coffee fan, as long as it is used properly. Without sugar and food, it use to make me feel terrible, and I quit drinking it for a year one time. I didn’t start drinking coffee until I was 32 and I was ill all of the time, before I drank it. When I first started drinking it, it was with cream and sugar, the pre-made flavored ones, and I quickly list all of my pregnancy weight and then some, weight I couldn’t get off after my first child four years earlier. It was only when I took the sugar out, believing sugar was bad, that coffee backfired on me.
This is amazing, truly unbelievable! I agree that coffee without sugar (or honey) would taste awful. Unfortunately, I'm not lucky enough to use cream or milk, as any milk products combined with caffeine cause acne on my face. This has been a reaction I've had all my life. It's incredible that you lost weight – thanks for sharing that!

This is amazing, truly unbelievable! I agree that coffee without sugar (or honey) would taste awful. Unfortunately, I'm not lucky enough to use cream or milk, as any milk products combined with caffeine cause acne on my face. This has been a reaction I've had all my life. It's incredible that you lost weight – thanks for sharing that!
Have you tried grass fed cream or milk. The hormones in conventional milk would cause acne as well as the corn and grains fed to cows in organic. I had skin problems into my forties, and now wonder if my non-grass fed hormone laden heavy dairy consumption was the culprit.

Ginali

Forum Supporter
Unfortunately, yes. I even tried goat's milk from eco-obsessed farmers - a couple who primarily grow everything naturally and organically for themselves. However, the same effect occurred. I also tried raw, full-fat organic milk freshly obtained from a cow (grass fed), but experienced the same reaction with both coffee and matcha. I suspect it might be related to hormones, either due to vaccines or dewormers in animals. My daughter starts exhibiting similar symptoms after eating milk with chocolate. It could be hormones in us, hormones in the animals, or vaccines. Or something alike? I'm not certain. Even when everything is organic, farmers are still required to use dewormers and various vaccines on their animals to comply with veterinary laws.

Unfortunately, yes. I even tried goat's milk from eco-obsessed farmers - a couple who primarily grow everything naturally and organically for themselves. However, the same effect occurred. I also tried raw, full-fat organic milk freshly obtained from a cow (grass fed), but experienced the same reaction with both coffee and matcha. I suspect it might be related to hormones, either due to vaccines or dewormers in animals. My daughter starts exhibiting similar symptoms after eating milk with chocolate. It could be hormones in us, hormones in the animals, or vaccines. Or something alike? I'm not certain. Even when everything is organic, farmers are still required to use dewormers and various vaccines on their animals to comply with veterinary laws.
I couldn’t tolerate eggs well until I bought corn and soy free ones. I had grass-fed “pasteurized” milk recently, when my raw milk was not available for over a week. I can’t say it gave me a reaction, but I couldn’t drink it past a swallow of it. Have you tried fat free grass fed milk? That seems to be better for me than full-fat pasteurized. I wonder if the vaccinations are more in the fats in the milk.

Ginali

Forum Supporter
I will definitely try fat-free milk. For several days now, I've been drinking 1-2 cups of organic coffee daily, and it makes me feel great. I especially love it with honey. Have you seen the recent article on "The Defender"? "Drug Linked to Cancer"
"The antibiotic carbadox, which is added to pig feed to prevent infections and fatten up the animals, is banned in the European Union, Canada, China, Brazil, Australia and the U.K. due to cancer concerns. Now, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration is finally considering withdrawing approval of the drug". I'm from Europe, but if this drug is available in the USA, it could potentially be used in any country. We also don't know how many other similar drugs are still used without restrictions. Reading such information sometimes makes me think that our discussions here and there are meaningless, as many things once considered healthy are now very unhealthy. Artificially rendered unhealthy. I'm beginning to understand why vegetarians are often healthier. Just look at what's happening with meat and how animals are treated – it's all artificial. I grew up eating potatoes and pork, and as a crazy teenager, I would drink wine, consume up to 10 cups of coffee a day, eat fatty foods, enjoy raw eggs with sugar, never used sunscreen, and I was so healthy, very intelligent, in great shape, and bursting with energy. Everything seemed amazing. Now, it feels like everything is becoming unhealthy, and manipulated. I sometimes really start to think about returning to a vegetarian diet, but I need iron and don't want to be dependent on supplements. P.S. I read your post every day on "From Coffee Headaches To A Healthy Thyroid" Thank you for the amazing information. I now feel so assured about coffee.

Have you seen the recent article on "The Defender"? "Drug Linked to Cancer"
"The antibiotic carbadox, which is added to pig feed to prevent infections and fatten up the animals, is banned in the European Union, Canada, China, Brazil, Australia and the U.K. due to cancer concerns. Now, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration is finally considering withdrawing approval of the drug". I'm from Europe, but if this drug is available in the USA, it could potentially be used in any country. We also don't know how many other similar drugs are still used without restrictions. Reading such information sometimes makes me think that our discussions here and there are meaningless, as many things once considered healthy are now very unhealthy.
I don’t think things that are considered healthy from a Peat perspective is unhealthy in itself, like supplements or any or any of it one has to find a pure source. People want stuff cheap as possible and there is still a price to pay for that cheap price. I always say I would rather eat half as much good things than twice as much bad stuff.

I'm beginning to understand why vegetarians are often healthier. Just look at what's happening with meat and how animals are treated – it's all artificial. I grew up eating potatoes and pork, and as a crazy teenager, I would drink wine, consume up to 10 cups of coffee a day, eat fatty foods, enjoy raw eggs with sugar, never used sunscreen, and I was so healthy, very intelligent, in great shape, and bursting with energy. Everything seemed amazing. Now, it feels like everything is becoming unhealthy, and manipulated. I sometimes really start to think about returning to a vegetarian diet, but I need iron and don't want to be dependent on supplements.
I don’t think fruits, vegetables and grains are any less toxic than the animal products. The heavy meat eaters have their own toxicity going on as the vegans do, especially if they are not eating grass-fed or organic. I also don’t think either of them look any better than the other. The meat eaters look more muscular and sometimes fatter, and the vegetarians tend to look more frail and their skin looks much older in their later years from being skinny, and other reasons. I have applied myself to both diets and was miserable on both for different reasons. To your point of your younger years, a younger body is more resilient, but all that abuse accumulates until one day you have a mysterious problem and you look for some recent explanation, but don’t consider it is a so many drops in a bucket until the bucket is full and has spilled over. I had one of those buckets. It wasn’t until I started taking things out, especially my environment, that I was then able to get to the top of this high mountain I am on. For me, sunshine is a big key to the health equation.

. P.S. I read your post every day on "From Coffee Headaches To A Healthy Thyroid" Thank you for the amazing information. I now feel so assured about coffee.
I am so glad to know that that coffee thread is a moral booster for you @Ginali . I had it driven into my head for 50+ years that coffee and sugar were bad, but boy am I glad I learned differently. I still don’t love sweet things, but raw honey, sugar, fruit and good old coffee has been a game changer for me this past six years. People in my life say I am “lucky” or “blessed” to not have weight issues, skin issues or health issues, but I tell them no it is because of will power, persistence and my very good diet. My luck and blessing is in finding Ray Peat.

Ginali

Forum Supporter
I couldn't resist and had a third cup today. I just feel so good. The goal is to have 1-2 cups per day, no more :) ;) I already feel addicted. I feel so warm after drinking coffee, and I only drink it when it cools down to room temperature, but I still feel warm for an hour after drinking it. I am inspired to follow the R. Peat style now, seeking his book (I've only read his articles) and following all of you here. I like all the recipes you share, and I'm intrigued by the amazing ideas from all of you. Salt works, coffee works, and now I will slowly start changing my diet. Your recipe photos are fantastic! Meat with oranges!!! I find myself reading here more than working on the job I have to do... :D

I find myself reading here more than working on the job I have to do... :D
This made me smile! I love the subject of health! Knowing how the body works and how to save it from harm is invaluable. People spend their lives striving for money, and on their deathbeds they desperately look for another person to save them, while someone else gets the benefits of their life’s work. The wiser one is the more powerful person, keep reading @Ginali 😉

LucH

I feel so warm after drinking coffee, and I only drink it when it cools down to room temperature, but I still feel warm for an hour after drinking it.
if you want to keep these effects try to maintain 4 to 5 hours between two coffee cups. otherwise serotonins receptors will be accustomed. 3 times is optimal. Proceed according to your feeling. When overloaded, L-theanine would be a good solution to calm down.

Ginali

Forum Supporter
if you want to keep these effects try to maintain 4 to 5 hours between two coffee cups. otherwise serotonins receptors will be accustomed. 3 times is optimal. Proceed according to your feeling. When overloaded, L-theanine would be a good solution to calm down.
Wow, thank you so much for the priceless advice! I will definitely follow it. Thank you

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals