The Linus Pauling Collagen Drink That Tastes Good

R J

I knew Travis was smart but I didn’t realize how utterly based he was until now when I googled his name
and found pages and pages of people absolutely reeeee’ing out against his trolling on pro vaccine pro mainstream science pages. What a guy.

He threatened the sensitive normies so much one person even posted Travis’ name and address publically. People were so butt hurt . Dudes a legend.

OP
johnwester130

johnwester130

something i am interested even better than lysine/taurine and vitamin c

chondroitin sulfate

may actually work better than pauling therapy

Kray

it was okay

Nothing noticeable long term
Are you still doing the C/proline/lysine? I have taken in the past, thinking of restarting. (Some years ago, my doctor ordered the Lp(a) test for me, which came back very high.) I did my own homework and started on this product- Cardio-C Original Pauling-therapy Drink Mix (Quali-C®) - $54.95 : Zen Cart!, The Art of E-commerce

Not sure if necessary now given that I incorporate gelatin/collagen in my diet these days (back then I wasn't). I think it helped me, and the doses in Cardio-C, for example, are pretty high insofar as targeting cardio issues, vs. the amounts of same contained in gelatin. Not sure if I want to include extra glycine, or if needed. I don't think Pauling had that in his formula.

OP
johnwester130

johnwester130

Are you still doing the C/proline/lysine? I have taken in the past, thinking of restarting. (Some years ago, my doctor ordered the Lp(a) test for me, which came back very high.) I did my own homework and started on this product- Cardio-C Original Pauling-therapy Drink Mix (Quali-C®) - $54.95 : Zen Cart!, The Art of E-commerce

Not sure if necessary now given that I incorporate gelatin/collagen in my diet these days (back then I wasn't). I think it helped me, and the doses in Cardio-C, for example, are pretty high insofar as targeting cardio issues, vs. the amounts of same contained in gelatin. Not sure if I want to include extra glycine, or if needed. I don't think Pauling had that in his formula.

You can make your own

quali-c, highest quality vitamin C
proline
lysine
mix into one jar

so basically cardi-C

Kray

You can make your own

quali-c, highest quality vitamin C
proline
lysine
mix into one jar

so basically cardi-C
Yes, I should have been more clear. I have all the separate ingredients to make my own, except for the proline, and I have done VC/lysine off and on for a long time, since I last used/ran out of Cardio-C some years ago (I have been using Quali-C for years now- the best available out there). In the Cardio-C formula, the ratio of proline to C and lysine is pretty low. I have queried the Vit C Fndtn to refresh my memory on why proline is considered a necessary part of the their formula. If you would like, I'll get back to you if they respond to me.

From some reading mostly on the forum, I shied away from so much lysine (although I never took 2.5g/day, more like 1 g) because there is some concern about individual amino acids long-term, such as lysine and taurine, to name a few. I don't really understand why it is a problem, but realize it's not a complete "food" as gelatin is, so I am guessing it's all about balance. I would like to lower my methionine and tryptophan, so I will probably bring back more collagen or gelatin regularly, whether or not I decide to do a cardio mix again.

Do you still continue with these supplements?

Thanks!

OP
johnwester130

johnwester130

Yes, I should have been more clear. I have all the separate ingredients to make my own, except for the proline, and I have done VC/lysine off and on for a long time, since I last used/ran out of Cardio-C some years ago (I have been using Quali-C for years now- the best available out there). In the Cardio-C formula, the ratio of proline to C and lysine is pretty low. I have queried the Vit C Fndtn to refresh my memory on why proline is considered a necessary part of the their formula. If you would like, I'll get back to you if they respond to me.

From some reading mostly on the forum, I shied away from so much lysine (although I never took 2.5g/day, more like 1 g) because there is some concern about individual amino acids long-term, such as lysine and taurine, to name a few. I don't really understand why it is a problem, but realize it's not a complete "food" as gelatin is, so I am guessing it's all about balance. I would like to lower my methionine and tryptophan, so I will probably bring back more collagen or gelatin regularly, whether or not I decide to do a cardio mix again.

Do you still continue with these supplements?

Thanks!

• Vitamin C converted the frayed three-strand collagen amino acids into hydroxyaminos, making it impossible for the sticky Lp(a) to adhere to the collagen, causing buildup.
  • L-lysine reduced the stickiness of Lp(a), thereby sealing the binding sites on Lp(a) and further preventing plaque buildup at the frayed collagen ends.
  • L-proline, the final piece to the puzzle, is lipophilic, meaning it prefers oil to water, unlike its hydrophilic counterpart L-lysine. Because Lp(a) is composed of the hydrophilic protein apo(a) and an oily cholesterol, Pauling hypothesized that L-proline would take care of any leftover receptors on the Lp(a) molecule not blocked by L-lysine. He was right.
Yes, I am going to restart but this time using quali-C, which I never used before.

Kray

• Vitamin C converted the frayed three-strand collagen amino acids into hydroxyaminos, making it impossible for the sticky Lp(a) to adhere to the collagen, causing buildup.
  • L-lysine reduced the stickiness of Lp(a), thereby sealing the binding sites on Lp(a) and further preventing plaque buildup at the frayed collagen ends.
  • L-proline, the final piece to the puzzle, is lipophilic, meaning it prefers oil to water, unlike its hydrophilic counterpart L-lysine. Because Lp(a) is composed of the hydrophilic protein apo(a) and an oily cholesterol, Pauling hypothesized that L-proline would take care of any leftover receptors on the Lp(a) molecule not blocked by L-lysine. He was right.
Yes, I am going to restart but this time using quali-C, which I never used before.
Ok! Thanks for that! Can I ask- do you plan to use same dosage as Cardio-C? How many times a day? Are you doing it as preventive, or for medical needs? You don't have to answer, just want a better sense of protocol, since I haven't done this in about 4 years or so. Would you consider it too much to supplement this along with daily collagen or gelatin? I should clarify- I am interested in gelatin to add a bit more protein balance to red meat consumption, but not more than 12g/day.

OP
johnwester130

johnwester130

Ok! Thanks for that! Can I ask- do you plan to use same dosage as Cardio-C? How many times a day? Are you doing it as preventive, or for medical needs? You don't have to answer, just want a better sense of protocol, since I haven't done this in about 4 years or so. Would you consider it too much to supplement this along with daily collagen or gelatin? I should clarify- I am interested in gelatin to add a bit more protein balance to red meat consumption, but not more than 12g/day.

Just a teaspoon a day for personal use

Gelatin can also be used

LP5 powder adds gelatin to their mixture I think and also glycine

Kray

Just a teaspoon a day for personal use

Gelatin can also be used

LP5 powder adds gelatin to their mixture I think and also glycine
Are you saying 1 tsp of each- lysine, proline, vit C?

I'm not familiar with LP5 powder- can you provide link?

Kray

P.S. Just found the LP5 website. Thanks for pointing out the name for reference.

OP
johnwester130

johnwester130

This may mean nothing but I noticed proline powder felt weird, slightly oily with a weird texture.

It may mean something about what it does in the body.

Kray

This may mean nothing but I noticed proline powder felt weird, slightly oily with a weird texture.

It may mean something about what it does in the body.
This is really interesting, I don't remember this being why proline was in the Cardio-C mix when I took it. But it makes sense, based on the post you made, below.
Thanks for sharing all your info regarding recipe. Do you think there's an issue mixing the two AAs together with Vitamin C? I can't see why. Only thing I might suggest is using a dessicant in the mix to keep it from moisture? Otherwise, I might just put each in its own jar, then mix together, just to be safe.

I think I may try to keep the same ratio and amounts of C:lysine:proline as Cardio-C, but spread over the day in 2 doses. I really like Quali-C; it dissolves quite easily, is good quality, and I hope you'll like it. Very affordable.

OP
johnwester130

johnwester130

This is really interesting, I don't remember this being why proline was in the Cardio-C mix when I took it. But it makes sense, based on the post you made, below.
Thanks for sharing all your info regarding recipe. Do you think there's an issue mixing the two AAs together with Vitamin C? I can't see why. Only thing I might suggest is using a dessicant in the mix to keep it from moisture? Otherwise, I might just put each in its own jar, then mix together, just to be safe.

I think I may try to keep the same ratio and amounts of C:lysine:proline as Cardio-C, but spread over the day in 2 doses. I really like Quali-C; it dissolves quite easily, is good quality, and I hope you'll like it. Very affordable.

mixing it should be fine

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom