the limits with red and orange light

biggirlkisss

There didn't seem to be a limit. The more intense red and orange light the better increase in thyroid function. July and august being the best. Anyone try extremely bright lights.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
I am getting as much sun as possible. Feel good man.

OP
biggirlkisss

biggirlkisss

j 1800. I want to go higher. That or sunlight if possible all day long through a uv film.

jyb

What is the equivalent halogen or incandescent wattage of the sun (on a sunny afternoon in summer)?

OP
biggirlkisss

biggirlkisss

jyb it's hard to say. It can be 100000 lumens but you gotta take into action wavelength and if it's july or august. Higher uv index higher strength of red and orange light.

OP
biggirlkisss

biggirlkisss

A combination of red led lights and incandescent is the only way to not pull the breaker and get to 100000

J

j.

biggirlkiss said:
j 1800. I want to go higher. That or sunlight if possible all day long through a uv film.

I wonder whether there is a way to filter not only the uv from the sun, but also the blue frequencies.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
I think uv is blue, no?

J

j.

uv is not visible

Visible-spectrum.jpg

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
OH yeh.

You can use those blue blocker type sunglasses. :rolling

J

j.

Charlie said:
You can use those blue blocker type sunglasses. :rolling

Wouldn't that actually work, if the glass were bigger? I'm talking about using the glass as a filter next to the light, not putting it on your body.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
I would think so.

OP
biggirlkisss

biggirlkisss

charlie 0-380 is uv. Some of the uv you can see is violent in color. J to answer your question yes a amber uv would block out all blue 400-500 and leave a good amount of visible light. It will get damaged though if you have it outside. Sitting in a car with amber uv film would be a good way to do it. Uv film or windows can naturally block though some uv light as it can reflect some of the shorter wavelengths off.

If you look through your window or uv film and it the sky looks darker you know your blocking out a bit of blue. Amber uv film is excellent though.

OP
biggirlkisss

biggirlkisss

The reason why I say its possible some is visible is because I know you get uv lights to clean instruments and the color is visible.

J

j.

biggirlkiss said:
J to answer your question yes a amber uv would block out all blue 400-500 and leave a good amount of visible light. It will get damaged though if you have it outside. Sitting in a car with amber uv film would be a good way to do it.

Would they work to block some parts of incandescent lights?

OP
biggirlkisss

biggirlkisss

It would be better to get a 1500 watt or 2000 watt incandnet bulb and dim it using a special dimmer that didn't pull the full load. If you dim it you produce less heat less blue more red and orange. A bulb dimmed from 2000 watts to 300 watts would last for years. Long time and would probably produce next to no blue or even green.

OP
biggirlkisss

biggirlkisss

It's better for the sun as the sun has more blue and a extremely intense lumen rate.

OP
biggirlkisss

biggirlkisss

From a dimmer in your house and dim it very low and you will see a lot more red and orange.